Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #436
UniDreamerFR
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict View Post
Any way you slice it, riding 100 miles (or more!) on one wheel (in one day) is an achievement that only a very small percentage of unicyclists have accomplished, not to mention 99.99999% of humanity in general!
Well you guys are not as rare as I thought.
A quick look at the updated list shows me about 100 or more brave 100 milers, and since nearly 100% of you have done it with 36ers maybe we should rather think about the percentage of 36er owners in the world who have done it. Is this percentage as small as you suggest terry?
It's an open question, but whatever the answer is, it doesn't take anything to the achievement.

For me it's even an exploit to stay on the saddle so much time in a day !
- Qu-ax trial 19"
-24"&26" wheels and forks and spare stuffs.
UniDreamerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM   #437
Klaas Bil
Sir Prince of Newsgroupia

How many 100 mile unicyclists world wide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict View Post
99.99999% of humanity in general!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDreamerFR View Post
Well you guys are not as rare as I thought.
A quick look at the updated list shows me about 100 or more brave 100 milers, and since nearly 100% of you have done it with 36ers maybe we should rather think about the percentage of 36er owners in the world who have done it. Is this percentage as small as you suggest terry?
I take "humanity in general" as "world population", i.e. some 7.5 billion. Then Terry's percentage boils down to 750 people having completed a 100 mile unicycle ride. Now, by far not all unicyclists in the world post on this forum and I know a few who have done a 100 mile ride without being in our list. But I guess forum participation tends slightly towards the more serious riders. All in all, I think 750 is a reasonable guess for the total number of 100 mile unicyclists.
Klaas Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #438
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas Bil View Post
I take "humanity in general" as "world population", i.e. some 7.5 billion. Then Terry's percentage boils down to 750 people having completed a 100 mile unicycle ride. Now, by far not all unicyclists in the world post on this forum and I know a few who have done a 100 mile ride without being in our list. But I guess forum participation tends slightly towards the more serious riders. All in all, I think 750 is a reasonable guess for the total number of 100 mile unicyclists.
Yes, about 700-750 rough guess but even that number seems high to me, since that would be adding roughly 600 "unknowns" to the current list. Of this forum's total membership of about 121,000, less than .1% are on the list as having completing a 100 mile-or-more ride in one day, which is another way of saying that 99.9% of the members have not completed a 100 mile ride. (or at least not posted to the list) I do believe that most experienced unicyclists in good health could probably ride 100 miles in a day, but for most it's probably just not a priority, or they may not believe they could accomplish it. But by adding a few miles to each ride and becoming conditioned, I believe a great many more could be added to the list.

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; Yesterday at 03:54 PM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100, completed, mile, ride