Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 639 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-08-29, 02:39 AM   #5266
Champy
Unicyclist

sisga ride

alright today "Sunday" i went to a lagoon called the sisga lagoon in the outer skirts of my city Bogota in Colombia about an hour of ride by car, beautiful sightings this was my best picture ill upload the remaining ones tomorrow! i did about 7 km in my 20' sun unicycle, not the best for the job but it held up so i feel preety good.
Attached Images

Champy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 08:43 AM   #5267
antyduncanwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandisimo View Post
Recent hill climb with Stevyo. Up about 1200ft in 5 miles, including a brutal push up a hill known as 'pinnacle'.

Here's Steveyo finishing Pinnacle.

Here's us at the start of our ride. I'm on a 36er guni and Steve on a 29er guni. The gears were fun on the down hill.

a few more picts up here.

And ride stats from the GPS here.

Great!!!
antyduncanwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 06:51 PM   #5268
aspenmike
unicycling albino

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
the erarly bird ride (from one vally to the other, where i paticipate a fun road race with 1.4 km..didn't win because i made an upd, afterwards back to the valley from thestart), andi (mostly on the pics) joined me, thanks!
Damn, you got fresh snow already.
aspenmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 07:05 PM   #5269
turtle
Seniorenklasse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspenmike View Post
Damn, you got fresh snow already.
yes sir! (it was up on 2850masl)

I trust in those:

Triton

Mountainuni Brake System

Schlumpf
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 07:17 PM   #5270
waaalrus
Unicyclist

I was part of a local group of four unicyclists that road about 20 miles on Huasna Road in Arroyo Grande, California yesterday.

waaalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 07:33 PM   #5271
Loves this thing
Quinton

Had a nice ride in the Stellenbosch winelands this afternoon. Sorry, not a very good photographer.
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-29, 08:02 PM   #5272
Max_Dingemans
Pedal Pedal Crash

Send a message via AIM to Max_Dingemans
Good turn out for yesterdays Muni ride. For many it was their first time off road, Good times were had by all.
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-29, 10:40 PM   #5273
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

A few of the boy from Saturday at Panther Creek:

The Charming Mrs Nurse Ben

And Moi:

Nurse Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:49 PM   #5274
Pagee
"Anyone can ride two wheels"

Nice lesurely 10k ride, South Auckland

No I didn't swim
Attached Images

Pagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:54 PM   #5275
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Better late than never, a few pics from the Utah muni rides:

Western Divide Trail:

Tom in the Aspens

Bryan posing for me, red uni, red flowers

Wildflower:

The gang:

Bert

Bryan

Tom, imitating KH

A big hill:

Chillin midway:
Old 2011-08-29, 10:56 PM   #5276
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

More Utah pics, this was from the Pipeline trail above SLC:

Bert is so photogenic

Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2011-08-29 at 10:56 PM.
Old 2011-08-30, 05:30 AM   #5277
KcTheAcy
Ohh Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
More Utah pics, this was from the Pipeline trail above SLC:

Bert is so photogenic
hah, Especially on that KH29!
KcTheAcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 01:28 PM   #5278
vookash
('')( :)(..)(: )('')

Send a message via Skype™ to vookash
Small write up or even two...

Last weekend I participated in two events. So first of the two.

I arrived in Nova Dubnica, Slovakia with Makym on Friday just before midnight. The swimming hall which was supposed to be the registration office and our accomodation for a night was dark and dead locked. Quick talk in a bar around the corner confirmed that it is the correct place, but it will be closed now until 8am. The night was really warm and we decided to sleep on a grass in front of building, just hidden behind a hedge.
Beautiful morning came quite early under the blue sky, so we woke up, got to the registration, bathroom and took our unis for a breakfast trip. Even with quite big cycling event happening, our unis took much attention from passersby and we had in mind that the race will be quite short this day, so we spent some time on the main square of the town playing around on some stairs and fountain. Then the racing time came. First people attempting the longest 100km ride started. I pretended starting with them and even the announcer wished me good luck in 100km on one wheel in such heat (it was about 32C).
Then 67 and 43km distances started and at last our time came. There were three of us Matej, Makym and me among a bunch of children with their parents as Muni was taking part together with Baby 9,5km race. As there were just three of us we decided to take it more leasurely that it would be otherwise, so we tried riding together for most of the time. Route contained too much town roads, one long offroad climb and then the descent. After the climb we were doubtful we could find anything interesting on the route but fortunately the road down was much more interesting than the climb. It might be quite hard for some smallest children, but we were riding there with big smiles. Then when we left the forest and got back to paved road, Makym left us on his 24er and we continued to roll faster on 29ers. When we got back to the town Matej was a bit before me and I decided not to rush after him. He was on his own ground and faster anyway. Then I've seen that he stopped just after the start line, which was not the finish line. I shouted to him that he should go to the finish at the stadium and that way we entered almost together. I was 2.6 seconds behind him and Makym arrived 2 minutes later. Our time of 41 minutes (average over 13km/h) was quite good for not so competitive ride. Then some rest, non alcoholic beer (I really wanted beer in that heat but I was driving home) and 4 hours on the way home.
All in all, short race, but a lot of fun and this short good downhill part made this trip worth. And it was first time I was on a podium of some bike event and it was a pleasure even with the fact that all competitors were on the podium. It was great to ride with other unicyclist, not only with bikers.
Unfortunately not much photos from baby distance yet, so just me pretending the 100km start and Matej doing some show after the races.
Attached Images

vookash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 04:31 PM   #5279
vookash
('')( :)(..)(: )('')

Send a message via Skype™ to vookash
and a second one...

Waking up on the second day wasn't that nice. Rain during the night and much lower temperature got me out of the mood for riding. But everything was packed up and ready, so I decide to give it a go anyway. This event was third one of MTB marathon series I was taking part this year and this time it was in Krakow, so it was just a short local bus ride for me to get there. I started my warm up by riding the first part of route which goes through a big meadow we have in the city center. I knew the ground is tricky so I preferred to know which parts we'll be riding in a moment. I haven't even finished my warm up when some bikers started to greet me, ask me why I was absent at previous competition and generally they gave me a whole lot of motivation with their positive feedback. Then we started and even though the beginning was flat and mostly paved I wasn't last when we got to the first and the biggest hill of the route. There I started overtaking them as long as I could ride up, then some walk in steepest part and again some riding up. At one moment I heard girl saying "You again? Do you want to get me depressed? Last time you were also better than me." I don't want to make her depressed but it was motivating to hear that. Then the first descent came and I was suprised that people were too afraid too ride faster than me, so I haven't lost that much there. The night rain did a good job - the forest paths were just a bit slippery. Not too much to be dangerous, but enough to be attractive. Unfortunately then we got out into the fields and on flat (normally sandy) fireroads many bikers passed me by. I was curious all the time how many are left behind me, but when I got to the bufe and stopped for some rest I've seen that at least dozen people arrived behind me. So I happily left them there and headed for the second half of the road. Going back through the fields got me quite tired and the biggest attraction were a possitive comment from the moto rider at the head of longer distance and then a view of best rider on that distance speeding like crazy after the moto. When I got into hilly part again and really nice single track has started, unfortunately more guys from longer distance got me so I was trying to pass them by. I was just riding and they were fighting for the front positions anyway. This has resulted in a few UPDs, but still it was fun to ride as the best part I was riding without anybody overtaking. When I got down to the bottom of ravine I got a big cheer from spectators waiting there and policemen securing the ride, but I knew what was next so I told them with a big smile "Now it will be UP". And it was. 1/3 riding, 1/3 walking and 1/3 riding again I got to the top passing by some bikers from both distances, so the pace was good. But at the top I felt that I'm really tired. I had two news for myself. Good was, that there will be no more climbs on the route, bad was, that the descent there was quite steep, tricky and most probably slippery. It was exactly like that, but it went extremely well with just one massive UPD that took a long run between the trees before I could stop. But in overall, both me and people around were impressed, so I got out of the hills happy. Then I've seen the sign and I know that it is just 2 more kilometers to go, almost all on paved roads. Suddenly, the adrenaline went down, and I felt so, so tired. I just rolled to the finish, with a little comfort from all the people clasping hands at the end. I survived that 33km, but I was more tired than after any race this year and I was feeling incredibly cold. I left home, to get some warm shower, a bit of sleep and it turned out that I have 39C temperature. That was the reason I was feeling that weak. But before I left I had a funny conversation: "How was the race?" a guy asked me "Have you finished under 2 hours?", "No something about 2.5" I replied. "That's great" guy said "every time I finish the race my wife asks about the guy on one wheel and this is the first time I can say that I was in front of you." Lucky day for the guy
Attached Images

vookash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 04:59 PM   #5280
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Nice shorts. Do you golf?

Tags
сосиска, bright-nights, forest-park, latest, mumpitz, pictures, ride, unicycle