Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 639 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2010-11-01, 02:47 AM   #3796
Chrashing
O>OO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisiklet View Post
Yesterday I went to Six Mile Run Reservoir to try my new 20" unicycle ; and it was also my first off road unicycling.(by the way I can hardly free mount and I am a new learner,can't even ride on road; so what am I doing off road) ;but it was fun,I really enjoyed and had some tough UPDies.So my picture of the latest ride is from my fall
if you want to see the video from that moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD6hoCushes and the fail attempts starts from ~1.19 sec I believe
I recognize you, your the guy who was learning to ride at the NYC Uni Fest, then was riding at the NYC uni club meeting ~4 weeks later, and now your hitting Muni! You are unstoppable! Go Man!

Unicycles are flying machines!

24", 28", 32", and 36" KH frame based mutts.
26" inexpensive travel.
Chrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 03:26 AM   #3797
mbalmer
Is it June yet?

Quote:
Yesterday I went to Six Mile Run Reservoir to try my new 20" unicycle ; and it was also my first off road unicycling.(by the way I can hardly free mount and I am a new learner,can't even ride on road; so what am I doing off road) ;but it was fun,I really enjoyed and had some tough UPDies.So my picture of the latest ride is from my fall
if you want to see the video from that moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD6hoCushes and the fail attempts starts from ~1.19 sec I believe
That was really fun to watch. After I was doing off road for a couple of months, I put a dirt tire on my 20". I tried it on a trail and UPD'd a lot. I didn't find the 20" very forgiving of irregularities. You did really well for being so new. If you were on a 24" you probably would not have fallen in some of those places. It looked like fun.
mbalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 10:41 AM   #3798
rob.northcott
Mainly XC Muni

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocyclism View Post
I hope a blurred image is better than none.
I like that Geoff - it's not blurred it's artistic soft focus

Rob

"I would absolutely recommend a 29er to anyone who didn't prefer a larger or small wheel." (Mikefule)
rob.northcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 01:55 PM   #3799
vookash
('')( :)(..)(: )('')

Send a message via Skype™ to vookash
It was such a nice and warm day today that it would be awful to waste it. So I took a nice muni ride:
Attached Images

vookash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 04:13 PM   #3800
Unisiklet
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrashing View Post
I recognize you, your the guy who was learning to ride at the NYC Uni Fest, then was riding at the NYC uni club meeting ~4 weeks later, and now your hitting Muni! You are unstoppable! Go Man!
Hi Chrashing, it is because all lovely unicyclist community and friends at NYUC gave me great tips and tricks that I started to ride.I know that NOW I am starting to learn unicycling;lots of things to learn And,the muni thing,I just wanted to try to have fun, you will see at NYUC meeting that I can't even ride solid on street!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmer View Post
That was really fun to watch. After I was doing off road for a couple of months, I put a dirt tire on my 20". I tried it on a trail and UPD'd a lot. I didn't find the 20" very forgiving of irregularities. You did really well for being so new. If you were on a 24" you probably would not have fallen in some of those places. It looked like fun.
The downhills and roots and rocks and small bumps ; this is the edited video;you should see how I was UDPing over and over again!
Unisiklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 04:36 PM   #3801
juggleaddict
late-night rider

Send a message via AIM to juggleaddict
I'm really lovin' all these fall colors! : ) keep 'em comin'
Old 2010-11-01, 08:11 PM   #3802
I Uni
Ethan the insane.

Not my latest ride by any stretch of the imagination, but here are some cool photos of my unicycles.
Attached Images

Old 2010-11-02, 01:23 AM   #3803
aspenmike
unicycling albino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
I joined a ride with my daughter´s unicycling club today:
That is awesome, love it.

Unisiklet - nice vid, I enjoyed that. keep pushing your limit. it only hurts till the pain goes away

Here are Aspens fall colors-seasons are a changing here-can't wait to strap on the tele ski's
Attached Images

aspenmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 01:53 AM   #3804
ally1776
UniMudder

Send a message via Yahoo to ally1776
Quote:
Unisiklet, that was awesome, your doing great. Muni on a 20" can be tough especially with all those leaves because they hide roots and rocks. Nice job, keep up the great riding!

My Twitter Page

I plan on riding unicycles till I break a hip and then I'll ride a little longer.
ally1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 02:28 AM   #3805
rolandisimo
Unicyclist

Here's a picture from me at Sunday's All Hallows Mountain Bike Race in Schenectady (Halloween race for you non-usa folks).

I won both the men's and woman's unicycle division...ok, I was the only one. Fun 2 laps of single track, cool that I did both laps in same time (41min) must have paced well.

Ro

rolandisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:16 AM   #3806
Chrashing
O>OO

Hey Roland, Thanks for coming out for Halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandisimo View Post
Here's a picture from me at Sunday's All Hallows Mountain Bike Race in Schenectady (Halloween race for you non-usa folks).

I won both the men's and woman's unicycle division...ok, I was the only one. Fun 2 laps of single track, cool that I did both laps in same time (41min) must have paced well.

Ro

Unicycles are flying machines!

24", 28", 32", and 36" KH frame based mutts.
26" inexpensive travel.
Chrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 07:36 AM   #3807
Tak
Respiring Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
I joined a ride with my daughter´s unicycling club today:
Unicycling club?! Hook me up!
Amager Strandpark looks pretty dead this time of year...
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 07:39 AM   #3808
Tak
Respiring Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandisimo View Post
Here's a picture from me at Sunday's All Hallows Mountain Bike Race in Schenectady
A practical question: how much of a hazard was the dress? (I'm wondering about the feasability of a knee-length coat.)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 06:20 PM   #3809
Klaus
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Unicycling club?! Hook me up!
Amager Strandpark looks pretty dead this time of year...
I will send you a PM with details on the unicycling club (Høje Gladsaxe Unicykel Klub).

It might look dead compared with the summer but there were plenty people walking, jogging and roller skating to make the ride interesting.

I actually grew up on Amager but this is my first visit to the new beach: http://www.amager-strand.dk/ServiceMenu/English. The path is very smooth and ideal for unicycling but I don't think I would take a ride in the summer. (However, I might combine a visit to my parents during the winter with some unicycling... )
Old 2010-11-02, 06:39 PM   #3810
Unisiklet
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally1776 View Post
Unisiklet, that was awesome, your doing great. Muni on a 20" can be tough especially with all those leaves because they hide roots and rocks. Nice job, keep up the great riding!
Hi Ally1776 ;thanks for your encouraging message;actually I realized "on site" that how tought offroad uni is (and how fun!) so before going again;I will practice more and more on my basic unicycling.

And I checked yout twitter page;was your cyclemeter results(walks) are with your unicycle ,right? and I enjoyed the twitpics from Ontario Park
Unisiklet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
сосиска, bright-nights, forest-park, latest, mumpitz, pictures, ride, unicycle