Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycling Articles and Tutorials

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2008-03-26, 12:52 PM   #166
picado
1st crankflip in Brazil

Very cool! Looks like the uni scene in Melborne is waaaaaaay better them what we got here in São Paulo.

I cant wait for it.

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###
One wheel in brazil
picado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 07:59 PM   #167
tobbogonist
Patronus unicycleus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarry
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm in the early stages of my unicycling career at the moment. I can ride a couple of hundred meters on smooth ground without falling, and am able to mount unaided about 1 in every 10 times. Any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Hey Mr/Mrs/Miss Clarry

I am moving to Launceston after april
if you need anyhelp learning or want to go for a ride PM me.
Old 2008-03-26, 08:01 PM   #168
mill_mobile
Riding for FCM - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbogonist
Hey Mr/Mrs/Miss Clarry

I am moving to Launceston after april
if you need anyhelp learning or want to go for a ride PM me.
Launceston after April!
I can find my way up there for a weekend of riding sometime soon after you move there
Let me know when the move has occured!
mill_mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 08:17 PM   #169
tobbogonist
Patronus unicycleus

we Pm
Old 2008-03-27, 07:23 AM   #170
nubcake
nubcake

anyone want to have a go at what the laws are regarding helmets and uni's?
nubcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 07:38 AM   #171
nubcake
nubcake

question 2 : anyone know when the au of unicycling.com is getting new stock. i emailed the other day and still no reply (surely i didn't enter my reply email wrong).
Old 2008-03-27, 09:03 AM   #172
MT High
Riding with the wind

Quote:
anyone want to have a go at what the laws are regarding helmets and uni's?
In Victoria unicycles are classified as bicycles so you do need a helmet to ride on the road or public land. The police do enforce this rule for unicycles!

I believe it is the same in the other states. Check the website of your roads authority to find out the details.
MT High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 11:26 AM   #173
TattooedBandit
I want to play a game!

Send a message via MSN to TattooedBandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT High
In Victoria unicycles are classified as bicycles so you do need a helmet to ride on the road or public land. The police do enforce this rule for unicycles!

I believe it is the same in the other states. Check the website of your roads authority to find out the details.
In South Australia unicycles are not classified as bicycles. They are classed as Wheeled Recreation Devices, which are the same as a pedestrian. As a pedestrian you don't need a helmet and can ride on the footpath or some roads. However, I am led to believe that there are sub-laws (or whatever there called) that states you need a helmet, knee, and elbow pads for these devices. I haven't bothered to look into further yet though. Have been meaning to. I have been riding without a helmet and had police drive past and slow down but not stop. Either they just haven't seen one before and I don't need one, or maybe they don't know what the rules are either.

Check your own states Road Traffic Act. And possibly even call the police information people. Make sure you get an answer in writing (or at least the info for where to locate it).

"What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?" - Captain Spaulding - The Devil's Rejects

Last edited by TattooedBandit; 2008-03-27 at 11:27 AM.
TattooedBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 07:58 AM   #174
nubcake
nubcake

i have both car and bike licenses... and at no time do i recall seeing anything in our road rules regarding unicycles, but then again maybe i wasn't paying attention to that. Thought I'd throw the question out there so cheers.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:50 AM   #175
stfn
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by picado
Very cool! Looks like the uni scene in Melborne is waaaaaaay better them what we got here in São Paulo.

I cant wait for it.
Same here. I'm (very likely) moving to Melbourne in July for one semester of studies at Monash. Coming from a small town (pop. 22,650) in the waynorthern part of Sweden (=snowy around 6 months of the year), it'll be quite a difference. As of now, the closest riders I know of are some 260km away.
stfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 12:02 PM   #176
TattooedBandit
I want to play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubcake
question 2 : anyone know when the au of unicycling.com is getting new stock. i emailed the other day and still no reply (surely i didn't enter my reply email wrong).
I emailed them last week and apparently there getting new stock in June, so you'll have to wait a while.

"What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?" - Captain Spaulding - The Devil's Rejects
Old 2008-03-29, 07:15 AM   #177
nubcake
nubcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedBandit
I emailed them last week and apparently there getting new stock in June, so you'll have to wait a while.
noooo that's the suck! >(

Thanks for letting us know.
Old 2008-03-29, 07:31 AM   #178
nubcake
nubcake

how about circusstuff dot com... any opinions on them? I'm goin to email and ask if they have what i want in stock but would love to hear about any experiences anyone has had with them?
Old 2008-03-29, 07:12 PM   #179
TattooedBandit
I want to play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubcake
how about circusstuff dot com... any opinions on them? I'm goin to email and ask if they have what i want in stock but would love to hear about any experiences anyone has had with them?
I've bought stuff from them before and had no problems. I think they might have the same supplier though cause I emailed them too and they didn't have the uni I was after either. Could be wrong though.

Old 2008-03-31, 07:54 AM   #180
nubcake
nubcake

yer you are right it's the same supplier. June it is then

Tags
australian, riders, uni