Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 639 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-09-03, 08:18 PM   #11
madc-ccc
Unicyclist

Just back from holidays in Tunisia!

One week ago I came back from 2 weeks in Tunisia (Jerba island).

As usual, I had a unicycle with me - in fact, a KH26 Guni, that I had also with me last year during my 2010 Summer holidays, which very advantageously replaced the ungeared KH29 that I was taking with me in the plane previously.

Sorry if the picture is not very fancy... my digital camera was almost dead (it now is ) when I took the picture, and the day was almost over with still 6~7 miles to go.

During another ride, I got lost in the "labyrinthic" sandy paths which the island of Jerba is mostly made of, and I needed the help of a few local people to find my way out.
I ended up having to ride 6 miles on the road in the total dark (well, I'm glad the moon was there to light my way a -very- little), in low gear of course, which eventually proved to be an interesting experience and something I will definitely remember!
The best moment during this night ride was when a guy on a motorcycle, riding the same road as me but in the opposite direction, came in my direction with also no light at all: not sure he saw or heard me, but on my end I knew for sure he was there thanks to... the noise of the engine... all the rest being... dark black!

Cheers, MadC.
madc-ccc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
сосиска, bright-nights, forest-park, latest, mumpitz, pictures, ride, unicycle