Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-09-21, 06:55 PM   #1
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired

Great turnout for today's Coker tour!

We started at about 8:30am at Huntington beach pier with 7 riders, and picked up another two on the way! Extra props to Joe (crazyjoe) (far left in top pic, far right on bottom pic) for doing the whole 15 miles on his 26er with 127mm cranks! I think he's totally ready to step up to the Big wheel now! Btw, this was the first time riding my 36er with the new nightrider tire...AWESOME!

Name:  group1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  126.3 KB

Name:  groupll.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  81.0 KB

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2008-09-21 at 06:59 PM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 07:08 PM   #2
zogola
Unicyclist

Sounds like a fun trip. Any chance you could give a few names? Its always interesting to put a face with the names on forums.

Kurt
zogola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 07:13 PM   #3
MuniAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogola
Sounds like a fun trip. Any chance you could give a few names? Its always interesting to put a face with the names on forums.

Kurt
I can't remember the two new rider's names that joined us near the end, but the names for the *top* photo, Left to right are as follows:

Joe, Tim, Terry, John, Dondi, Jamey, Jim.

Website
Videos
Facebook
Old 2008-09-22, 12:10 AM   #4
crazyjoe
working on gliding-currently at 25'

Yeah that was a great ride. I'm thinking I might order the Nimbus Nightrider very soon now. I need a 36 so bad. I also rode another 2 miles after you left to get to Beach Blvd and then to my uncle's house where I immediately went into a coma-like sleep for 3 hours, lol! But I feel great, and I had a great time riding with everyone! Hopefully next time I will have a 36 to keep up with all you speed-demons.

Last edited by crazyjoe; 2008-09-22 at 12:18 AM.
crazyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:11 AM   #5
Tyler_N
myspace.com/munirider (add me)

ugg i wish i went
Tyler_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:49 AM   #6
rem48
just for exercise

That amazes me that you can be out for a ride and run into two people you don't know that are riding too. I just rode with tomkarches this afternoon and he travelled 2.5 hours just to go on the ride! I need to move back to So.Ca.
rem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:52 AM   #7
MuniAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem48
That amazes me that you can be out for a ride and run into two people you don't know that are riding too. I just rode with tomkarches this afternoon and he travelled 2.5 hours just to go on the ride! I need to move back to So.Ca.
Yeah similar thing happened on the MUni trail. I recently met two new riders who had just bought a KH MUni... each on a separate ocassion just one week apart. Seems like the word is spreading!

Website
Videos
Facebook
Old 2008-09-22, 03:45 AM   #8
shadowuni
Crispety, crunchety, peanut-buttery

i wanted to go bad! thanks crazyjoe for trying to help me out, let me know next time there is a ride, i will go.
Old 2008-09-22, 04:15 AM   #9
florida
Unicyclist

Great Team & Time

Thanks guys for coming out. It took a unicyclist from Florida to organize this ride I plan to organize another ride but in Clearwater Florida around Feb 09. I am working on the route and distance. Can photos be emailed to me at dondi58@hotmail.com ?
florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 04:52 AM   #10
surfer1024
Zachary Wenner

Send a message via Skype™ to surfer1024
Nice, I'm jealous (especially since my 36'er is arriving tomorrow). I always chuckle when I look at (or ride) Jamey's unicycles because the seat is sssoooooo high!!!
Street 2011
surfer1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 06:01 AM   #11
crazyjoe
working on gliding-currently at 25'

Hey Terry, did you fix your pedal? Are you going to need new ones? I guess your quick fix worked because you didn't have any more problems. I'm glad you dismounted perfectly when it fell off, otherwise it wouldn't have been a fun fall for you at that speed. I don't know if you noticed but I was right behind you when it happened, and I was able to swerve around without even thinking. All-in-all, I can look back at that moment and smile.

Did you go on your other MUni ride today?
crazyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 07:29 AM   #12
UniMOG
Need a UNIMOG to hold my uni

thanks

It was fun. I need to get a handle. thanks for getting me out.
Old 2008-09-22, 04:43 PM   #13
MuniAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjoe
Hey Terry, did you fix your pedal? Are you going to need new ones? I guess your quick fix worked because you didn't have any more problems. I'm glad you dismounted perfectly when it fell off, otherwise it wouldn't have been a fun fall for you at that speed. I don't know if you noticed but I was right behind you when it happened, and I was able to swerve around without even thinking. All-in-all, I can look back at that moment and smile.

Did you go on your other MUni ride today?
Yeah the pedals fine. I guess I was in a bit of a hurry getting my new nightrider tire mounted and had a tube failure at the stem. (Thanks Jim for the spare tube!) I inadvertently put the wheel on the wrong way, and so the cranks were on the wrong side as well, so it was only a matter of time 'till one or both would fly off unexpectedly! I haven't made that "newbie" mistake since I started riding nearly three years ago, lol! I got busy designing the piano keys thing on my frame, so time flew by and I missed my MUni ride, but that's ok. 15 miles for one day is pretty good.

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2008-09-22 at 04:44 PM.
Old 2008-09-22, 08:11 PM   #14
unicycle6869
Level 10 Rider!

Send a message via MSN to unicycle6869 Send a message via Skype™ to unicycle6869
Nice pictures Terry! It was great to finally get back on the Coker and ride again. First time since ride the lobster and that was months ago! It was great meeting everyone and hope to ride together more often now that my busy summer is over.

I'm gonna start going on rides at least once a week, either MUni, Trials or Distance. I will probably be riding MUni sometime this week down at Aliso Woods and Canyon. I'm thinking Friday around 11am or so. Send me a email at info at uniproshop dot com if interested.
unicycle6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 08:21 PM   #15
MuniAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycle6869
Nice pictures Terry! It was great to finally get back on the Coker and ride again. First time since ride the lobster and that was months ago! It was great meeting everyone and hope to ride together more often now that my busy summer is over.

I'm gonna start going on rides at least once a week, either MUni, Trials or Distance. I will probably be riding MUni sometime this week down at Aliso Woods and Canyon. I'm thinking Friday around 11am or so. Send me a email at info at uniproshop dot com if interested.
Dang! I'd love to meet for a MUni ride but 11am is the absolute WORST time, imo! I'd meet you at 8am, or later in the day, like 5pm or so.

Plus, we should all just set up a regular "Coker meet" day, like every Sunday, same place same time. Or the Torrance to Venice and beyond option, or Santa Ana trail that leads into Huntington beach.

Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2008-09-22 at 08:22 PM.

Tags
coker, great, today, tour, turnout