Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2017-04-28, 12:07 AM   #16
DaUniGuy
Training hard for retirement!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheels View Post
So nice to bump into DaUniGuy on the KC trail yesterday, hope to ride with you soon!
I really enjoyed today’s ride onewheels! Next time we will go to line Creek Park. May have to stop at the little store for a cold Fosters though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
I live in California, but spend part of my summer in K.C. and on Table Rock Lake. DaUniGuy and I are contemplating some gravel bar riding on the shores of Table Rock Lake, this summer. There was some discussing about the right unicycle for that kind of riding; Maybe a 20" fatty.

The Katy trail ride sounds like a real challenge. 237 miles. How many miles/day you want to attempt? If you don't do so already, I suggest learning to ride with handlebars before attempting such a long, multi-day ride.
I will be down at the lake next weekend elpuebloUNIdo and try to get some pictures of what I am talking about when I say gravel bars. If you have been attempting to ride the lakeshore when the lake is down you Da Man! Those are not gravel bars, those are bolder bars. I am talking about riding along flat creek. We can do an access hop ride starting at the tubes, and hit 5 river accesses and end at my place that has some pretty good riding as well. It is not distance riding more like sessioning. But there are lots of different routes and things to try. It will also get you away from the tourist up where you are in Kimberling and out to all the places where the locals hang out and party on a hot day. It’s a hoot!! You will enjoy it.

Doing the whole Katy trail is on my bucket list as well. Onewheels and I talked about it today a little. I want to take 2 weeks and take nothing but my camel back and a credit card. Have the wife run my support team and bring the luggage. Hit all the little towns, burgs (and bars) along the way. More like a 237 mile pub crawl then a distance ride.

Or maybe we can do a float/uni trip. Put our unis in my canoe and have the best of both worlds!

Last edited by DaUniGuy; 2017-04-28 at 12:11 AM.
DaUniGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 04:13 AM   #17
elpuebloUNIdo
Viva la revolucion!

We'll be at the lake ~ 16-24 June, then possibly later in the summer as well. I'll contact you with more info. Riding on the creek beds sounds like a lot of fun...as well as hanging out with the locals!
elpuebloUNIdo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
break, quit, riding, year