Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-12-02, 02:13 PM   #31
toutestbon
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Rennes
Age: 31
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict View Post
361 would definitely be too short. It was a fairly easy build and I just use the same length for both sides.
I asked Roger Davies about the spoke lenght. Are you sure about that? The 367mm spokes are standard spokes?
Roger said "They worked exactly right with those 367mm spokes or was the thread poking through the end by 4mm?"

Thanks in advance for your response (I'm a stuck to choose the spoke length and I have to quickly place an order...)
toutestbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 06:06 PM   #32
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 64
Posts: 14,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by toutestbon View Post
I asked Roger Davies about the spoke lenght. Are you sure about that? The 367mm spokes are standard spokes?
Roger said "They worked exactly right with those 367mm spokes or was the thread poking through the end by 4mm?"

Thanks in advance for your response (I'm a stuck to choose the spoke length and I have to quickly place an order...)
that measurement is for a 36-hole hub. In the drop-down make sure you select 32 holes and you'll see the difference.
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2019-12-02 at 06:06 PM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 09:17 AM   #33
toutestbon
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Rennes
Age: 31
Posts: 35
Are you talking about the UDC spoke calculator? The nimbus 100mm 32-hole isis disc hub is not in the list, there are 100mm 32-hole isis hub (without disc), or 100mm 36-hole isis disc hub.
Anyway, Roger told me that the figures are the same for these hubs, and Roland from municycle measured the hub and sent me the figures I entered in the calculator. (Flange width disc side: 35mm, Flange width non disc side: 71mm, Flange diameter: 57mm)

The result is always 361/362mm for 32 holes (it is 358/359mm for 36 holes). I have three options left:
- UDC spoke calculator is wrong
- ERD (745mm) is wrong
- 362mm is right

I prefer the third option, but we'll check that out.

Have a nive day!
toutestbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 02:13 PM   #34
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 64
Posts: 14,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by toutestbon View Post
Are you talking about the UDC spoke calculator? The nimbus 100mm 32-hole isis disc hub is not in the list, there are 100mm 32-hole isis hub (without disc), or 100mm 36-hole isis disc hub.
Anyway, Roger told me that the figures are the same for these hubs, and Roland from municycle measured the hub and sent me the figures I entered in the calculator. (Flange width disc side: 35mm, Flange width non disc side: 71mm, Flange diameter: 57mm)

The result is always 361/362mm for 32 holes (it is 358/359mm for 36 holes). I have three options left:
- UDC spoke calculator is wrong
- ERD (745mm) is wrong
- 362mm is right

I prefer the third option, but we'll check that out.

Have a nive day!
You're not taking into consideration the fact that they do not have stats on the carbon rim. They're probably using the stealth rim.
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 03:59 PM   #35
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 64
Posts: 14,701
The calculator must be wrong because the spoke length I ordered, 367mm, fit the carbon rim perfectly. I distinctly remember when I used the calculator I got 367mm using the non-disc side 100mm 32h nimbus disc hub. If I change the rim to the stealth 2 and again choose 32 holes I get almost 371mm. That does make sense because the stealth rim is more a box shape compared to the V shape of the carbon rim. So the stealth 2 rim would need spokes almost 5mm longer.
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2019-12-03 at 04:04 PM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 05:29 PM   #36
toutestbon
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Rennes
Age: 31
Posts: 35
Did you use the UDC spoke calculator? (https://www.unicycle.co.uk/calculator)

The nimbus 100mm 32-hole disc hub is not in the list and, today, Roger Davies told me that he had never seen this hub in real life, but only the production drawings, not post production drawings.

For the rim, I just used the ERD given by the manufacturer : 745mm.

The ERD for the stealth2 given by UDC is 764.5mm, the difference is huge! With the UDC spoke calculator, I found 371/372mm spoke lenght, like you!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 36er rim specs.pdf (1.62 MB, 32 views)
toutestbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 09:09 PM   #37
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 64
Posts: 14,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by toutestbon View Post
Did you use the UDC spoke calculator? (https://www.unicycle.co.uk/calculator)

The nimbus 100mm 32-hole disc hub is not in the list and, today, Roger Davies told me that he had never seen this hub in real life, but only the production drawings, not post production drawings.

For the rim, I just used the ERD given by the manufacturer : 745mm.

The ERD for the stealth2 given by UDC is 764.5mm, the difference is huge! With the UDC spoke calculator, I found 371/372mm spoke lenght, like you!
that's hard to believe that Rodger said he's never seen it, when I have this very Hub right now ordered from UDC!

https://www.unicycle.com/nimbus-32h-...sis-hub-100mm/
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2019-12-03 at 09:16 PM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 11:38 PM   #38
UniDreamerFR
Unicyclist
 
UniDreamerFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: France, near Paris
Age: 45
Posts: 519
with the same calculator, same hub, same ERD (745) it gives me 362.56 mm (non disc).
I entered the datas from terry's link:
Flange Diameter: 55mm
Flange width : 73.2
spoke hole diameter 2.8
number of spokes 32
spoke crosses : 3
Rim ERD 745

Edit: I tried to find a way to have 367mm and the only way I found is to type "754" instead of "745" for the ERD, this gives me 367.02mm
Terry : is it possible that you have made a typing mistake when entering the ERD in the calculator? (entering the numbers in the wrong order)
__________________
- Geared kh36 + Nightrider Lite + Kh Tbar + HS33
- Qu-ax 36" + nightrider +Q-handle+ cable rim brake
- kh 29" + knard 29x3+ kh Tbar + HS33
- Qu-ax trial 19"
-24"&26" wheels and forks and spare stuffs.

Last edited by UniDreamerFR; 2019-12-04 at 12:04 AM.
UniDreamerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-04, 01:07 AM   #39
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 64
Posts: 14,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDreamerFR View Post
with the same calculator, same hub, same ERD (745) it gives me 362.56 mm (non disc).
I entered the datas from terry's link:
Flange Diameter: 55mm
Flange width : 73.2
spoke hole diameter 2.8
number of spokes 32
spoke crosses : 3
Rim ERD 745

Edit: I tried to find a way to have 367mm and the only way I found is to type "754" instead of "745" for the ERD, this gives me 367.02mm
Terry : is it possible that you have made a typing mistake when entering the ERD in the calculator? (entering the numbers in the wrong order)
Yes, that's possible, but the wheel's built so can't get an accurate measurement now. All I can say is that the 367mm length fit as close to perfect as possible. I don't see how 362.5 would even come close to fitting. I did do a quick measurement with a straight ruler and it does look like 745mm which includes allowance for the nipple heads. I used 14mm nipples and if 367 is almost 5 mm too long then you would think I'd run out of threads. And looking inside the the spoke holes the threads don't go past the bottom of the nipple.
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2019-12-04 at 01:27 AM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-04, 01:43 AM   #40
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 64
Posts: 14,701
Correction!

I may have mis-measured but got lucky in that the 367mm spokes did fit, although it looks like the threads may have disappeared into the nipples by about 3mm. I surmised this because I cut a spare spoke down to 362.5 mm, and laid it right next to an existing spoke on the wheel, and it looks like they would fit with maybe one or two threads showing when tensioned.
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2019-12-04 at 01:46 AM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-04, 05:05 AM   #41
bouin-bouin
Didier
 
bouin-bouin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: France in Europe (Le Chesnay - Yvelines)
Age: 54
Posts: 835
Are you using 3 or 4 cross pattern ?
__________________
http://monocycle.info
http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)
bouin-bouin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-04, 02:43 PM   #42
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 64
Posts: 14,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouin-bouin View Post
Are you using 3 or 4 cross pattern ?
Standard 3x.
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-05, 07:01 AM   #43
kunstrasen
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Jüchen, Germany
Age: 50
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuniAddict View Post
that's hard to believe that Rodger said he's never seen it, when I have this very Hub right now ordered from UDC!
Agree on that point. That hub is available for quite some time. I am running it for over a year on my Muni now. Bought it at Municycle in Germany.

https://www.einradladen.com/Nabe-Nim...-32-Loch-100mm
kunstrasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-05, 08:56 AM   #44
bouin-bouin
Didier
 
bouin-bouin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: France in Europe (Le Chesnay - Yvelines)
Age: 54
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunstrasen View Post
Agree on that point. That hub is available for quite some time. I am running it for over a year on my Muni now. Bought it at Municycle in Germany.

https://www.einradladen.com/Nabe-Nim...-32-Loch-100mm
Why dont you trust him ? I was in copy of this Email, Municycle in Germany and UDC US have this hub but Roger in UK never saw it, simple to understand ?
__________________
http://monocycle.info
http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)
bouin-bouin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-05, 09:04 AM   #45
kunstrasen
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Jüchen, Germany
Age: 50
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouin-bouin View Post
Why dont you trust him ? I was in copy of this Email, Municycle in Germany and UDC US have this hub but Roger in UK never saw it, simple to understand ?
I did not mention that I do not trust anyone. Just mentioned that the hub is available in Germany as well. Simple to understand?
kunstrasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
36er, carbon, changer, game, wheel


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Wanted North America] 36er Rim or 36er Wheel osmundo Trading Post 0 2012-04-21 12:11 AM
carbon wheel and carbon frame gauss General Unicycling Discussions 7 2002-07-06 04:21 PM
carbon uni wheel gauss General Unicycling Discussions 0 2002-03-25 02:29 PM
carbon fiber wheel gauss General Unicycling Discussions 3 2002-02-20 03:15 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2019 Gilby
Page generated in 0.11705 seconds with 14 queries