Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2008-12-10, 07:34 PM   #16
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

This picture shows my road Coker's modified Wyganowski handle. In my approach, I mounted the handle as low as possible. Actually, I didn't have a choice as it was made to fit the frame rather than the seat post. I bought it used from a guy who was shorter than me.
- I put bar-ends on what was intended as a front bumper, creating my "aero" position. It's only semi-aero, because I don't feel comfortable in an extreme, pavement-eating position.
- The regular T-handle comes up near my seat bumper, as the basic handle for upright riding.
- I also have access to the built-in seat handle for those steep climbs.
- The bottle cage fits a large bottle, except when I had longer cranks on there and had to lower the seat. Then Camelbak only!
- I used the bungee cords on the back to bring a backpack of clothes to and from work. Not the most secure attachment on that rear bumper area, but it worked.

That handle has served me well, and still does. I've tried the T7 and find it in too neutral a position to work for me. Too high for any aerodynamics, and too low to lean on, to take some weight off the seat. It's just kind of there. The only thing I worry about with my Wyganowski is how it's held together with two little bolts. If one of those breaks while I'm in my aero position, it could be ugly!

"I was younger then, but it felt at the time like it was going like poo off a spade. Great fun." -- Mikefule (he's British)
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 06:27 PM   #17
naturequack
Igloo ceiling

Here's a pic of my set up (The Florian Green). Wish I could take credit for it, but the high praise goes to Pete Perron. Of course, these handlebars require that you get Pete to make you one of his "V" frames.
I really like these aero bars. They allow me to reach out farther forward. Thanks to the "seat post" mount there is no flex in them when I pull up on them while climbing hills. I set the "seat post" clamp (really the handlebar clamp) just loose enough so that when I UPD the handlbars can move enough not to break. As you can see from the torn tape at the tip of the aero bars, I'm not a stranger to UPDs. Another thing I like about these is that they are narrow enough not to bang up my thighs when I do go cartwheeling off the front. There's space enough to mount my b*ke computer. When I'm riding at night I wrap a head lamp around the bars and I've got a head light.

Just doing my part to encourage all of you welders to get wild.

Geoff
Attached Images

Mustn't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
naturequack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 10:34 PM   #18
unisk8r
One Wheel Wander

Oh how I miss Florian Green! Maybe he and The Red Menace can roll on down the road together some day!

As for the handles (and without voting for mine), I still think JC takes the design cake.
unisk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 10:53 PM   #19
Munivision
Formerly jrdugueod

Here is my ultralight version. Actually shaved 2.5 lbs with a Wallis base and aluminum bars over stock Coker seat, no bars
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-12, 02:29 AM   #20
munirocks
GUnirocks

That looks good. I think I may want to have someone build me something like that.
Old 2008-12-16, 07:12 AM   #21
naturequack
Igloo ceiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by unisk8r View Post
Oh how I miss Florian Green! Maybe he and The Red Menace can roll on down the road together some day!
Hey Pete, you've got permanent visitation rights for the Florian Green. Any time you're heading to Southern Oregon stop by for a spin. Likewise if I'm heading north with my wheel, I'll give you a jingle.
Geoff

Mustn't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
naturequack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 08:05 AM   #22
GizmoDuck
Adventure Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturequack View Post
Here's a pic of my set up (The Florian Green). Wish I could take credit for it, but the high praise goes to Pete Perron. Of course, these handlebars require that you get Pete to make you one of his "V" frames.
I really like these aero bars. They allow me to reach out farther forward. Thanks to the "seat post" mount there is no flex in them when I pull up on them while climbing hills. I set the "seat post" clamp (really the handlebar clamp) just loose enough so that when I UPD the handlbars can move enough not to break. As you can see from the torn tape at the tip of the aero bars, I'm not a stranger to UPDs. Another thing I like about these is that they are narrow enough not to bang up my thighs when I do go cartwheeling off the front. There's space enough to mount my b*ke computer. When I'm riding at night I wrap a head lamp around the bars and I've got a head light.

Just doing my part to encourage all of you welders to get wild.

Geoff
Nice one. I'm getting a V-frame built up. I think it's the future of road unicycling. It will allow the use of a normal bike stem and handlebars, and is a much stronger design than getting ever longer extentsion bars on the seat.

My unicycle position is pretty similar to my bike position too.
GizmoDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 11:56 AM   #23
eenwieler-sander
sander

made some pictures today of my new handlebar setup
i have not changed much since my last design because i really like it
biggest chance is the bicycle seat.

because this seatpost is 25.4 mm i can not attach it to my 36 inch unicycle wich has a 22.2 seatpost.

just made a short trip and the diffrence whas huge and i really like it on the most unicycle seats i have the problem of it rubbing to my legs and with the bicycle seat i dont have that problem any more

have to put some km on this set up to test it bether but so far so good!

more pictures:
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?..._itemId=575487

edit looks like i cant attach a picture ??
how does this work on this forum:P?

Last edited by eenwieler-sander; 2008-12-16 at 11:58 AM.
eenwieler-sander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 02:50 PM   #24
siafirede
Flex Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenwieler-sander View Post
edit looks like i cant attach a picture ??
how does this work on this forum:P?
You need to click the insert image button (has a mountain as the icon):

Last edited by siafirede; 2008-12-16 at 02:51 PM.
siafirede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 04:11 PM   #25
eenwieler-sander
sander

thanx for the information
Old 2008-12-16, 08:52 PM   #26
brycer1968
Brycer1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by siafirede View Post
You need to click the insert image button (has a mountain as the icon):
Any pics of you riding that looooooong boy? The extension is the the top tube from a bike right?

And how are you liking the bike seat?
brycer1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 09:01 PM   #27
eenwieler-sander
sander

yes the extension is the top tube of a bicycle frame copied it off dustin schaap as far as i know the first one to use this.

i like it to be so long because i can stretch my arm out,
i realy like the bicycle seat because i dont have leg rub anymore
but still have to test it out on a longer trip.
Old 2008-12-16, 10:28 PM   #28
Klaas Bil
Sir Prince of Newsgroupia

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenwieler-sander View Post
because this seatpost is 25.4 mm i can not attach it to my 36 inch unicycle wich has a 22.2 seatpost.

just made a short trip
So what unicycle did you make that short trip on?
Klaas Bil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 03:34 PM   #29
eenwieler-sander
sander

just made a short trip on my 24 inch muni build up from spare parts
Old 2008-12-17, 04:35 PM   #30
unisk8r
One Wheel Wander

Heres the first set of bars I had on Florian Green. The intent was to have close grips for mounting and slow speeds, as well as multiple forward positions for speed work.
Attached Images

unisk8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
сосиска, handlebars, homemade, mumpitz, post, unicycle