Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2008-12-06, 05:44 PM   #1
gangstertaco
thats right ima str8 up taco Gangta

Send a message via MSN to gangstertaco
post your homemade handlebars here!

post them homemade handlebars here, i need ideas. so please go right ahead and spam this thread with pics
hey inflatable people are people too
gangstertaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 05:46 PM   #2
1-wheeled-grape
Scott

Send a message via MSN to 1-wheeled-grape
search, I know there are loads on here.
Old 2008-12-06, 06:16 PM   #3
munirocks
GUnirocks

I've seen a couple of them too, but I do think it's a very good idea to collect all those pictures in one thread. That way people can get inspired a little more quickly than otherwise.

----------------
Now playing: Pink Floyd - Money
via FoxyTunes
Old 2008-12-06, 06:24 PM   #4
1-wheeled-grape
Scott

Send a message via MSN to 1-wheeled-grape
these, from this post

these, from here

these, from here

these from here

do any of those help?
Old 2008-12-07, 12:21 AM   #5
dangerdog
Unicyclist

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/betterforks
dangerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 02:21 AM   #6
gangstertaco

i know they are on here and i did use the search bar it just i thought it would be great to have them on one thread
Old 2008-12-07, 03:07 AM   #7
john_childs
Guinness Mojo

Here's my coker handlebar: JC Coker Handle (revision Beta 3)

The links in that thread to my gallery have changed. New link to my gallery: Miscellaneous Stuff
Attached Images

john_childs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 03:12 AM   #8
UniKid2
Wolfgang

Send a message via AIM to UniKid2 Send a message via MSN to UniKid2 Send a message via Skype™ to UniKid2
GB4, or 04 KH?
UniKid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 03:53 AM   #9
john_childs
Guinness Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniKid2 View Post
GB4, or 04 KH?
Mine? It's a GB4 frame.
john_childs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 07:53 PM   #10
munirocks
GUnirocks

So my T7 snapped today, and I don't think I'll be getting another one before Roger improves the design once more. I think he should at least put them on sale now because of all the major flaws they have. Offering a free reinforcement would be even better though. Instead he keeps selling them as if there was nothing wrong with them. As a matter of fact,

- They are all crooked,
- they all break at the same spot (mine lasted for about 7 months of light use) and
- the bottle cage mounts come loose after the first couple of kilometers.
- The powdercoating sucks too, by the way. And
- it is too heavy.

To sell that piece of crap for 70$/50€ as the most useful addition to touring unicycles without any warning is quite impertinent IMHO. The text "It has been developed over 1000s of miles of riding" even misleads people to believe it would actually last for 1000s of km... Well, unfortunately it doesn't. This might sound as if the T7 was all bad which it isn't. It's just very faulty the way it is made now. Without all the problems mentioned above it would definitely be the cat's ass.

I really wish Kris Holm would come up with a straight aluminum handle that offers some sort of adjustability. Maybe with a possibility to put aerobarish things on too. It would be a great addition to his KH36s... Putting a T7 on those is a shame anyways because the colors don't match. While I'm at it, it should be either black or silver, not blue, so it would work with any frame color you choose...
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-07, 08:19 PM   #11
OneWheelLess
weather is a fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by munirocks View Post
So my T7 snapped today, and I don't think I'll be getting another one before Roger improves the design once more. I think he should at least put them on sale now because of all the major flaws they have. Offering a free reinforcement would be even better though. Instead he keeps selling them as if there was nothing wrong with them. As a matter of fact,

- They are all crooked,
- they all break at the same spot (mine lasted for about 7 months of light use) and
- it is too heavy.

To sell that piece of crap for 70$/50€ as the most useful addition to touring unicycles without any warning is quite impertinent IMHO. The text "It has been developed over 1000s of miles of riding" even misleads people to believe it would actually last for 1000s of km... Well, unfortunately it doesn't. This might sound as if the T7 was all bad which it isn't. It's just very faulty the way it is made now. Without all the problems mentioned above it would definitely be the cat's ass.

I really wish Kris Holm would come up with a straight aluminum handle that offers some sort of adjustability. Maybe with a possibility to put aerobarish things on too. It would be a great addition to his KH36s... Putting a T7 on those is a shame anyways because the colors don't match. While I'm at it, it should be either black or silver, not blue, so it would work with any frame color you choose...
I hear ya, bro
It's not a horrible design, but they're underbuilt, overpriced and poorly fabbed. It's made like an entry-level touring product, and should be priced as such. It's not hard to design a better handle for mass production. I'm not saying they should cease to exist, but fab it better and sell it for $30, come out with a stronger, lighter design to fit the current price point.
Old 2008-12-08, 02:44 AM   #12
gangstertaco

any one have tuts on how to make them i do no there is tuts on here but i dont have a "spare" bike
Old 2008-12-08, 04:46 PM   #13
corbin
Treehouse Muni Rider

Send a message via AIM to corbin
http://picasaweb.google.com/corbin.d...cyclesAndParts

lots of pictures.
corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 04:39 AM   #14
gangstertaco

corbin wow thanks you got me some ideas
Old 2008-12-10, 10:14 AM   #15
brycer1968
Brycer1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by munirocks View Post

- They are all crooked,
- it is too heavy.

This is one way to strengthen an existing rail adaptor or T-7, but the time to cut and weld the six plate steel gussets was a real pain and makes fitting the seat post and seat more difficult. That said, it makes has made the rail adaptor much stiffer than the stock adaptor.
B
Attached Images

brycer1968 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
сосиска, handlebars, homemade, mumpitz, post, unicycle