Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 639 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2017-08-27, 10:43 AM   #10351
Canapin
Unicyclist

Parc de Blossac, Poitiers
https://www.google.fr/search?q=parc+...=1858&bih=1014

And here's the picture: https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Par...31!4d0.3329252
Canapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 11:22 PM   #10352
mnunirider
Unicyclist

I came across someone's "private" trail today while riding in the county park near home. Is only 350m long but looks to be very well maintained. Some of the corners are marked by spray painted arrows on trees, the larger corners are banked, small jumps have been built, and most brush on either side has been cleared. The whole thing winds downhill and was very fun to ride muni on.
Attached Images

mnunirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 09:23 AM   #10353
vookash
('')( :)(..)(: )('')

Send a message via Skype™ to vookash
I did a biggest ride so far in my unicycling live. For the charity challenge https://pomagam.pl/kolazakolo/ I needed to ride 62 miles / 100 kilometers. I wanted to ride 100 miles / 162 kilometers to complete the century ride (I did metric century 2 years ago), but what really happened exceeded my expectations (even if somewhere deep I thought about it). I rode 126 miles / 204 kilometers.
Most of it was on Vistula river trail, so flat as it can be. It is part of the big bike route project in south of Poland and we should have about 500 kilometers of trails like this in a few years. Great experience and fun. And I haven't even reached the end of the trail.
More photos and a traditional write up on my blog will come soon.
Attached Images

Old 2017-08-28, 10:12 AM   #10354
UniDreamerFR
Unicyclist

wow, congratulations X2 !!

Never did a km century, I guess I could do it on such a nice trail if I start early in the morning (64km is my longest so far), but can't imagine doing 200km !
you century guys are awesome.
- Qu-ax trial 19"
-24"&26" wheels and forks and spare stuffs.
UniDreamerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 07:20 AM   #10355
vookash

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDreamerFR View Post
wow, congratulations X2 !!

Never did a km century, I guess I could do it on such a nice trail if I start early in the morning (64km is my longest so far), but can't imagine doing 200km !
you century guys are awesome.
Thanks UniDreamerFr.

And now for everybody full write up with more photos.
http://vooni.kkdt.org/post/164761647974/the-double-ride
Attached Images

Old 2017-09-01, 08:46 PM   #10356
TMason
Todd Mason

Had a great lunchtime ride out to our local river on my UDC Titan 36er. I've been riding it every day since it showed up July 19th. After a quick dip in the river, I was pedaling back to the office when I suddenly realized...I can move my feet around on the pedals! Unicycling is so much fun to learn. After giving up on learning 5-years ago, I'm so glad I took it back up a few months ago. If only I would have stuck with it back then!!

Todd
Attached Images

TMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 12:20 AM   #10357
bradahj
Fail 'Til You Succeed

New trails

Found some new trails today.
Attached Images

bradahj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 01:00 AM   #10358
Uni Klein
Hooked For Life!

Pic of me riding next to the Mississippi river. (while on vacation)
Attached Images

Old 2017-09-04, 08:14 AM   #10359
turtle
Seniorenklasse!

6 days in the swiss (berner Oberland) alps

David Weichenberger and I did a six day adventure in the swiss alps: lot of uphill hiking and climbing (david even sometimes barefoot), downhills on technical singletrails only, high Peaks, great landscape, cool huts, building rock unis and a lot of fun!
two days and nights also Rocco Schulz enjoyed us.

take you time, a big Screen and enjoy:

https://youtu.be/odMuOuCxTTA

I trust in those:

Triton

Mountainuni Brake System

Schlumpf

Last edited by turtle; 2017-09-04 at 08:14 AM.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 10:01 AM   #10360
jogi
vegan rider

Thumbs up that´s real muni!

respect!
www.ridetriton.com
jogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 02:45 PM   #10361
kahunacohen
Unicyclist

Ben Shemen in Israel. Kicked my butt.
Name:  aaron_ben_shemen.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  106.6 KB
kahunacohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 05:05 PM   #10362
bradahj
Fail 'Til You Succeed

Yikes!

Two elderly women behind me almost demanded that I make him stop.
I told them not to worry and that he was very skillful. It was actually quite funny.
Attached Images

Old 2017-09-25, 08:09 AM   #10363
vookash

I spent last week in the Stołowe (Tabletop) mountains on the Polish-Czech border and I was lucky enough to get some time for unicycling. Views are amazing and trails as well as you can easily switch between relatively easy bike trails, which are good for climbing, and usually much harder walking trails, which are great for downhill, unless they are too hard to ride, which you can read bit more on my Strava post (shall be available without logging): https://www.strava.com/athletes/1001722/posts/679824
Attached Images

Old 2017-09-25, 09:49 PM   #10364
Geolojas
Unicyclist

Lake Tahoe Adventure

Hey Fellow Riders!

On Sunday (9-24-17) two friends and I started at Mount Rose NW of Lake Tahoe, and then followed the Tahoe Rim Trail to the Flume Trail to Lake Marlette, and then descended to the lake on the Chimney Beach Trail. The overall distance was 18.7 miles. I rode my KH26 with a Freeride saddle and wore a backpack full of snacks and water; my two friends both rode full suspension mountain bikes.

In the interest of covering the distance, I made a conscious effort to hold back and walk most of the early uphill sections. Overall, based on an analysis of my speed recorded by my phone, I rode about 67% of the total distance.
The start in the morning at Mount Rose (8600’+) was really cold, and there was a fair amount of snow on the ground and ice on the trail. I was surprised to find I could ride over most of this, and only felt my wheel slip a couple times. We hiked up the incline to the top of the ridge to begin our descent. The Tahoe Rim Trail section was really fun with lots of spectacular views to both the east and west. There were a few technical obstacle that I opted not to ride, and there were a few more that I did try to ride but failed. I had LOTS of UPDs on this ride, but only one that involved a bodily fall, and that occurred on this section at the bottom of a particularly inviting rock staircase.

The Flume Trail segment was a pure blast. It was slightly uphill since we rode it from north to south, and aside from a few technical obstacles, I rode the entire thing. The views of the lake were breathtaking. We encountered the most traffic on this section, but even then, it was only 4-5 groups of riders. At the end of this section, we hiked up the incline to Marlette Lake.
The ride along the SW edge of Marlette Lake was calm and beautiful, with lots of meltwater flowing across the trail into the lake. At the southern end of the lake, there was another uphill hike to the top of the ridge to begin the Chimney Trail descent.

The final leg of our adventure was a four mile descent to the Chimney Beach parking area. The upper part of this trail was very steep and technical with lots of snow and ice. I rode what I could, but I was getting tired by this point and suffered many UPDs. The lower half of the descent was still steep, but more flowy, and this was a super fun section to ride. I felt great over the entire ride, but this final four miles of descent took every last bit of energy I had.

I will definitely be doing more trips like this in the future, and I recommend this route to anyone (uni rider, hiker, biker) looking for a stellar example of Lake Tahoe trails.
Attached Images

Old 2017-09-29, 01:48 PM   #10365
bradahj
Fail 'Til You Succeed

Teach'em early

Practice! The little one will be 5 next week. She's very proud of herself
Attached Images

Tags
сосиска, bright-nights, forest-park, latest, mumpitz, pictures, ride, unicycle