Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2017-08-31, 08:03 PM   #31
ScaredOldKid
Unicyclist

Today I made a record run for me. All the way across two tennis courts. Best part was I didn't hold my breath the whole way....I actually told myself to breathe.
Old 2017-08-31, 08:23 PM   #32
LargeEddie
Measure once, trim to fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOldKid View Post
Today I made a record run for me. All the way across two tennis courts. Best part was I didn't hold my breath the whole way....I actually told myself to breathe.
Sounds great! There seemed to an evolution from "How long can I stay on? Gotta go as far as I can before I come off!" to "I have to be somewhere and I might as well be sitting here. I'll pedal around until I feel like stopping." But it took a while to get there. Every bit of time and each of those practice rides, long or short, helped things along.

Breathing is good. Keep doing what you're doing!
LargeEddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 10:16 PM   #33
oldfatboy
Unicyclist

Just an update on what's going on, I will be moving tomorrow. My brother is coming over with his pickup (with canopy) and large covered trailer. Hopefully will only take 2 trips with full loads, then spend weekend getting somewhat settled. Then back on my 20"
lol, I have KH gloves, KH and sixsixone shin/knee guards, elbow guards, helmet, and my homemade back/tailbone guard made from old computer mouse pads (works great).
Hey Michelin Man (If anybody on here goes by that name, I don't mean you), you have nothing on me

Well, back to packing
oldfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 11:56 PM   #34
LargeEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfatboy View Post
Hey Michelin Man (If anybody on here goes by that name, I don't mean you), you have nothing on me
I see you as more of an early cheroot-waving Bibendum, less of the recent baby-eyed blobby Michelin Man.

Good luck with the move. It's usually traumatic for most of us but here's hoping it's no worse than normal. Look forward to following your uni adventures in the new location.
Attached Images

Old 2017-09-01, 04:01 PM   #35
Regina Wrecks
Cylopic Menace to Society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOldKid View Post

Re-learning from my first session in my forties, now, as I am retired, it is much harder to do it, but consistency is the watchword, just keep at it, slow and peaceful. There is no rush.
Breathing is something I have never thought about on unicycles, it just happens I guess, but it all certainly helps in the fitness stakes......!!
Old 2017-09-06, 06:38 PM   #36
oldfatboy
Unicyclist

Moved and been unpacking. Lost my balance and about fell flat on my back. Reached out for support and in process of breaking my fall, severely pulled muscle(s) in back and chest. Uncomfortable, so will rest it a few days before trying to ride unicycle.
lol, really envy all of you that are improving your riding, but I'll join you in improving riding next week.
oldfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 01:31 PM   #37
Tinbox
Mostly Harmless

So you injured yourself moving stuff not falling off the uni? That shows you how safe unicycling is - keep it up, when you can get back on!
Old 2017-09-08, 08:44 PM   #38
LargeEddie

Ouch! Take care OFB and get back on that unicycle when you're ready.

Tags
age, learn, rid, unicycle