Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-10-11, 02:37 PM   #1171
JeanPaul
Unicyclist

Today I beat a man riding his Mountain bike vs my ride (unicycle) feeling proud. LOL
JeanPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 10:05 AM   #1172
Setonix
Unicyclist

Just a little brag. Last weekend I rode in the forest with my 29" and there were 2 places with quite high roots that I managed to semi forward-hop right over. When I lay planks on the floor to practice forward hops, I always chicken out, imagining that the planks might shift, should I not hop high enough. In the forest I know the roots won't budge which gives enough confidence.
I think when looking at the unicycle levels, I'm only at level 3, but looking at the requirements for levels up, I don't see the point in riding in circles backwards or idling with either foot.
The only things I want to learn are riding backwards say 5 metres and riding the UW. Being able to ride backwards a bit, will give another way of turning around when riding the wrong way. My fastest and easiest way now is to stop, hop and turn 180º and ride back. If I can ride a 90º backwards and then forwards 90º, it might be easier and also looks cool. Those will be next achievements for this thread. ^_^
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 10:28 AM   #1173
Setonix
Unicyclist

I did some bragging in the UW thread, but today I managed to do a 75% rev with my new UW. Altogether I've only practiced just 1.15 hours over 2 days. With this I know I can work up to do more metres.

Another small win was that on my track through the forest there is a high hill, which I hadn't ridden up before, only down and today decided to try going up. As I was only 20m from the top, I had to stop because my thighs were burning too much. Because I was almost there and didn't have the feeling of victory, I rested 5 mins to get back my breath and did it again. The second time I got my victory. This was with the 29" Nimbus.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brag, landed, thread, today, tricks, version 2