Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Trading Post

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2017-08-09, 05:10 PM   #1
Gogiboy
Gogiboy

Nimbus 29" Oracle Road-Like New

Nimbus 29” Oracle Road—Like New

I bought this in 2013 as a supplement to a 36” Oracle that I sold here in 2014. I just never really had opportunity to use it much. It has under 10 miles on it. How do I know? I had a cyclo computer attached, the remnants can be seen in the photo. I can no longer find the computer itself, but I have left the sensor elements. It has several upgrades including The Kris Holm Spirit Cranks, KH Starfighter brake lever extension, upgraded Wellgo alloy pedals.

Everything is in like-new condition except for the pedals, which were pulled from another uni I sold. Of course, if you’d prefer the unused original plastic pedals that came with the uni I can swap them out. The Wellgo pedals have some chatter/paint loss along the outer edge. The seat is perfect as is the frame paint. The brake works flawlessly. The wheel is true and the paint on the rim is flawless. The tire has the wear of a tire that has less than 10 miles, there are still the little rubber spike protruding from the outer edge as one sees with most new cycle tires. I believe the seatpost is the 300mm as I’m 5’ 10”.

This uni without the upgrades originally retailed for more than $700, but is being offered for:

$425 (including $25 for shipping). That’s only $40 more than the standard 29” Nimbus Road currently listed at UDC and it has no disc brake or any of the other significant upgrades. I cover PP fees and whatever additional UPS shipping costs as this is bound to be around $50. It will ship in the original Nimbus box from UDC. So if you’ve been looking for a good deal on a well-equipped, nearly new 29” at a significant discount, here’s one to consider.
Nimbus 29” Oracle Road—Like New

I bought this in 2013 as a supplement to a 36” Oracle that I sold here in 2014. I just never really had opportunity to use it much. It has under 10 miles on it. How do I know? I had a cyclo computer attached, the remnants can be seen in the photo. I can no longer find the computer itself, but I have left the sensor elements. It has several upgrades including The Kris Holm Spirit Cranks, KH Starfighter brake lever extension, upgraded Wellgo alloy pedals.

Everything is in like-new condition except for the pedals, which were pulled from another uni I sold. Of course, if you’d prefer the unused original plastic pedals that came with the uni I can swap them out. The Wellgo pedals have some chatter/paint loss along the outer edge. The seat is perfect as is the frame paint. The brake works flawlessly. The wheel is true and the paint on the rim is flawless. The tire has the wear of a tire that has less than 10 miles, there are still the little rubber spike protruding from the outer edge as one sees with most new cycle tires. I believe the seatpost is the 300mm as I’m 5’ 10”.

This uni without the upgrades originally retailed for more than $700, but is being offered for:

$425 (including $25 for shipping). That’s only $40 more than the standard 29” Nimbus Road currently listed at UDC and it has no disc brake or any of the other significant upgrades. I cover PP fees and whatever additional UPS shipping costs as this is bound to be around $50. It will ship in the original Nimbus box from UDC. So if you’ve been looking for a good deal on a well-equipped, nearly new 29” at a significant discount, here’s one to consider.
Attached Images

Gogiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 06:17 PM   #2
Nitestake
Unicyclist

Is there much room left on the seatpost? Im 6'
Nitestake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 11:14 PM   #3
Gogiboy
Gogiboy

Seatpost length

After taping it off where it is set for my leg length I checked and there is 3 7/8" of post left inside the tube. Unlike every bicycle seatpost I have ever used there is no "Maximum" line etched into the post. I can tell you that my inseam is 33" so depending on how much longer your inseam is, there is some post remaining. You could email unicycle.com to see if they have a recommended maximum amount of post that can show above the frame in their 300mm. Otherwise they do sell a 400mm, which I'm guessing wouldn't cost that much.
Old 2017-08-19, 09:30 PM   #4
Gogiboy
Gogiboy

Sold

Sold.

Tags
(no prefix), nimbus 29, oracle, roadlike