Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-11-12, 05:55 PM   #31
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoeheadted View Post

I recently broke my handlebar/seat attachment so I had to take it off and install a seat handle for a week.
Anytime I rode with one hand it felt very unbalanced and felt like I was riding with poor posture.
I must say that when riding on uneven terrain forwards, I'd rather have one hand in the air and on on the seat. That gives me more balance than both hands in the air. When riding on paved roads, I force myself to ride with both hands on the seat. I think it is harder, but it has become easier with time and has given me more confidence. Still those times where I all of a sudden lose some balance, a hand comes up for restabalising.
I think SIF is very difficult. Mounting in SIF takes away all my stability and while riding, I suppose my seat is too high to squeeze it away between my legs. I can certainly see that, once mastered, it will give a boost in stability. SIF might feel easier after I can ride my UW.
In those UW vidz, peeps that are really good don't seem to have their hands up and wide. It must be the same as with uni. Starting out flailing and then feeling more relaxed with how it all moves and bringing your arms closer to your body.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 11:43 PM   #32
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
SIF might feel easier after I can ride my UW.
No one will ever be able to say that you only took the easy paths in life, that's for sure. Saying you are taking the long way around to learn tricks would be an understatement, you are figuratively paying the moon a short visit on the way from your home to your neighbour.
Old 2018-11-13, 06:58 AM   #33
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnspin View Post
No one will ever be able to say that you only took the easy paths in life, that's for sure. Saying you are taking the long way around to learn tricks would be an understatement, you are figuratively paying the moon a short visit on the way from your home to your neighbour.
I actually see that as a compliment, thank you. So basically when learning something very difficult first, then all the other tricks will be a piece of cake.
Of course UW is difficult, but I have more confidence falling forward than backward.

The reason I chose to learn UW is that I want to see if it is doable to use it for exploring the area, like you do on a uni. By now I've read enough on facebook, youtube and this forum, to know it is very heavy and being able to ride 1km is like running a marathon, but I started learning already and might as well continue.
Thanks for you view ^_^
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backwards, idling, riding