Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2015-03-12, 01:00 AM   #31
munimag
Unicyclist

That's great Brookes!

Here is the updated line up so far for those who have indicated where they are staying:

April 24-26, 2015

Beards Mountain Lodge:
munimag
haskinsc and Shell
paxuni
jbtilley and family
kayakzz
TragicWarrior

Lakeside (Loop A) Camping:
garmooza
JimmyTheChimp - willing to share site
JTurner and Jess
Tribe and others from Chattanooga
munimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 02:06 AM   #32
monoemuni
monoemuni

Myself and Frank Brown are on board for Douthat Muni Gathering. We are coming from Richmond VA. Didn't know if there are rooms, cabins or sites left. We are willing to share or book our own. How ever it works out. We meet a lot of the people last weekend at Monstercross. Aaron
monoemuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 11:22 AM   #33
paxuni
ride captain

Aaron, it was great meeting you and Frank at MonsterCross. I just checked with Mrs. pax and she isn't going to be able to take time off work and join us.

So... I will have bed(s) available in my room to sub-lease. Not sure if I have one bunk bed or two in the room Claude has assigned to me.

Or there's the camping option.

pax - aka stephen
paxuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 02:44 PM   #34
dmoreau

I'm planning on coming down from the central NY area. If there is any extra room at a campsite, let me know. There are still two campsites available for the weekend.
dmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 12:42 AM   #35
paxuni
ride captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoreau View Post
I'm planning on coming down from the central NY area. If there is any extra room at a campsite, let me know. There are still two campsites available for the weekend.
Robi demuni is also coming down from Albany NY so you might want to PM him for car pooling. Great guy and awesome rider.

At this point the lodge has three bedrooms that are paid for but unassigned- according to munimag aka-Claude. A two single bed room and two four person double bunk bed rooms. All have been reserved and paid for but none sub-let. The additional cost over dividing the room price would be a parking pass... 5-10 bucks.

I'm happy to sub lease one or three of my beds... depending upon need. Although camping lakeside at Douthat is also an awesome option. I'll let the campers pitch in with their sharing options.

Okay- Douthat fan boy here- but totally brilliant riding and a wonderful group get together worth all the effort and the minimal cost. If you need a bed we'll likely be able to find a solution.

pax
paxuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 12:52 AM   #36
munimag
Unicyclist

Pax, regarding the "unassigned" but paid for rooms. One room has 2 bunk beds that sleeps 4 and two rooms have two twin beds each.
Old 2015-03-26, 01:40 AM   #37
jbtilley
Muni Foot

Have we been assigned one yet? Two adults, one kid. Wherever there's room for that.

Last edited by jbtilley; 2015-03-26 at 01:41 AM.
jbtilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 02:22 AM   #38
munimag
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtilley View Post
Have we been assigned one yet? Two adults, one kid. Wherever there's room for that.
Yes, you have been assigned a room that sleeps 4 with two bunk beds.
Old 2015-03-26, 11:00 AM   #39
jbtilley
Muni Foot

Ok, thanks.

I haven't been on the forums very much over the last... forever. For a second I was worried I missed something.
Old 2015-04-04, 09:07 PM   #40
kayakzz
Unicyclist

Less than 3 weeks to the Douthat muni event, I am getting excited!
kayakzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 06:14 PM   #41
munimag
Unicyclist

Lodging update

If you check online you will find that the campgrounds, cabins and lodges are full for April 24 -26. If you want to come and don't have a reservation, there still may be some options.

If you call the Reservation Center at 1 800 933-7275, you can reserve a "horse" site in the Beaverdam camping loop. This is a camping loop usually reserved for campers that bring their horses. When the rest of the campground is full anyone can reserve a site there. Adjacent to the sites are horse stalls for the horses. This camping loop is close to the Lakeside camping and the Beard's Mountain Lodge.

There also may be a few extra beds in lodge rooms if you want to share a room with someone.
Old 2015-04-15, 04:07 AM   #42
JTurner
Enjoying the Ride!

Sorry, but Jess and I won't make it so our campsite on the lake loop should be available tomorrow afternoon after I cancel. I'll be in Ecuador for a couple of weeks (with a fellow unicyclist nonetheless). Last minute opportunity came up, we'll miss everyone

I love...big rides, gravel, beach, road, xc single track, cyclocross, racing against bikes and I'm a proud 36er snob!
JTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 11:48 AM   #43
munimag
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Sorry, but Jess and I won't make it so our campsite on the lake loop should be available tomorrow afternoon after I cancel. I'll be in Ecuador for a couple of weeks (with a fellow unicyclist nonetheless). Last minute opportunity came up, we'll miss everyone
Sorry you guys won't make it but the trip to Ecuador sounds awesome.

You can transfer your reservation to the fall for no additional charge and avoid a cancellation fee. You can do it online or call call the Reservation Center at 1 800 933-7275. The fall dates are Sept 11-13.
Old 2015-04-15, 03:18 PM   #44
garmooza
another James

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Roland probably doesn't realize the conflict he's causing, so just tell him to push the Ecuador trip back a week or two.

Have fun down there!
garmooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 05:56 PM   #45
KUC Ohio

Lodging needed

Nathan Stoltzfus has invited my brother and I to come down to Douthat next weekend. Any chance anyone has room in a cabin for two guys?
KUC Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015, douthat, gatherings, muni, park, state, virginia