Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Trading Post

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2016-03-19, 01:22 AM   #1
bwrightback
UniBri

PARTS: Magura rim brake, Surly Large Marge 24, ground control fat tire, KH Moment hub

See my Surly Conundrom FS post for more details and pics of the parts.

I have a 24" used Large Marge rim $90 + s/h, black Magura rim brake that Bryce adjusted to fit a fat tire and pink Echo Magura mounting brackets $115, and a new with tags 24x4" Specialized Ground Control fat 24" tire $35 + s/h

Also, forgot to mention in that post that I have a New In Box KH Moment Hub 36H $60 + s/h

Thanks!

Bri
Old 2016-03-21, 12:03 PM   #2
bwrightback
UniBri

Bump. Send me your best offers!

I also have some used POC VPD 2.0 long knee pads and elbow pads, size small. $125 for both sets + s/h OBO

Old 2016-03-30, 02:39 PM   #3
bwrightback
UniBri

Bump

POC pads $100 + s/h
Large Marge rim $75 + s/h
New Specialized Ground Control 24x4" tire $30 + s/h
Old 2016-04-23, 11:19 AM   #4
bwrightback
UniBri

Large Marge rim, Specialized Tire, and KH Moment hub sold!

POC pads, black Magura rim brakes, and pink Echo Magura rim brake brackets still available. Send me your best offers!
Old 2016-05-18, 05:49 AM   #5
bwrightback
UniBri

Bump

Magura brake and pink Echo Magura brackets $90 shipped to US.
POC $90 shipped to US.
Old 2016-06-11, 03:40 PM   #6
Bradford
Corporate Escapee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwrightback View Post
Bump

Magura brake and pink Echo Magura brackets $90 shipped to US.
POC $90 shipped to US.
Are the Magura brake and brackets still available? I'm sort of new to putting brakes on a uni. Does that come with the cables and the brake handle as shown in your other post? I've got a new Nimbus 24" Mountain unicycle (the orange one) that has the mounting tabs on it for this, or so I was told. Just trying to figure out what else I'd need to fully install it and price it all out.

Thanks!

Last edited by Bradford; 2016-06-11 at 03:53 PM.
Old 2016-06-11, 07:02 PM   #7
juggleaddict
late-night rider

Send a message via AIM to juggleaddict
You just need the mounting brackets (with bolts). The magura brake is a hydraulic, closed system, so you don't want to disconnect the lever and brake pads if you can help it. Don't even think about cutting the cable to length thinking it's just a simple cable fix. You would have to get hydraulic fluid, new cable, a new crimping nut, and bleed the whole system to get any air out. A bike shop can charge $80+ bucks for this.

Anyway, it's a really easy install, and the surly she had it installed on should be a good fit for the same cable length, so it shouldn't be an issue at all unless you are very tall and need a longer cable. May want to check the length and bust out a piece of string to be sure.
Old 2016-06-11, 07:29 PM   #8
Bradford
Corporate Escapee

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggleaddict View Post
You just need the mounting brackets (with bolts). The magura brake is a hydraulic, closed system, so you don't want to disconnect the lever and brake pads if you can help it. Don't even think about cutting the cable to length thinking it's just a simple cable fix. You would have to get hydraulic fluid, new cable, a new crimping nut, and bleed the whole system to get any air out. A bike shop can charge $80+ bucks for this.

Anyway, it's a really easy install, and the surly she had it installed on should be a good fit for the same cable length, so it shouldn't be an issue at all unless you are very tall and need a longer cable. May want to check the length and bust out a piece of string to be sure.
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the mounting brackets are still part of the deal so I'd just need the brake mount to put on the bottom of the saddle and be done. That's a good idea about the string, but I guess I'd need to know how long the cable is so I'll know what to compare it to.

UniBri,
If you can let me know what that cable length is, I'll check it any make sure it will fit. Also, can you confirm that the mounting brackets are still part of the deal (and hopefully the bolts as well)?

Thanks!
Old 2016-06-14, 02:54 PM   #9
bwrightback
UniBri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the mounting brackets are still part of the deal so I'd just need the brake mount to put on the bottom of the saddle and be done. That's a good idea about the string, but I guess I'd need to know how long the cable is so I'll know what to compare it to.

UniBri,
If you can let me know what that cable length is, I'll check it any make sure it will fit. Also, can you confirm that the mounting brackets are still part of the deal (and hopefully the bolts as well)?

Thanks!
Hey there! Just read your PM. I have a saddle brake mount I can throw in the deal as well. When I return from vacation I'll measure out the length for you.

Bri
Old 2016-06-20, 04:53 AM   #10
bwrightback
UniBri

Magura brake and brackets sold!
Old 2016-06-27, 02:45 PM   #11
bwrightback
UniBri

POC Pads sold! Closing thread
Closed Thread

Tags
brake, control, fat, for sale: north america, ground, hub, large, magura, marge, moment, parts, rim, surly, tire