Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-08-08, 10:13 AM   #1
OneTrackMind
Unicyclist

Crossover Unibike

Any one else have a strange desire to "do a wheely" on one of these?

http://www.unicycle.com/hoppley-circ...utm_medium=Web
OneTrackMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 02:51 PM   #2
joggerdude
Unicyclist

I think we have enough trouble convincing people that we are not clowns, without riding one of these.
joggerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 03:35 PM   #3
pkbjamn
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggerdude View Post
I think we have enough trouble convincing people that we are not clowns, without riding one of these.

Roger that ^^^^^^^
pkbjamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 04:21 PM   #4
mtnjeffe
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggerdude View Post
Agreed - but if you care what people think of you, you shouldn't ride a unicycle to begin with. Unicycles and this clown bike are "look at me" toys if it is fun to ride others opinions of what you look like are their problems.
mtnjeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 04:31 PM   #5
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

I know a guy who rides a slightly less clowney version of this... I think they call 'em swing bikes. He says (I suppose similarly to unicycles) the best part about riding it where he does (in a very rough/ghetto sort of area) is that if someone tries to steal it, they usually can't get anywhere because while they're not difficult to ride, they confuse anyone who sits on them
“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 03:50 PM   #6
deadbeatpope
Some call me Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece Maker View Post
I know a guy who rides a slightly less clowney version of this... I think they call 'em swing bikes.
I have heard them called swing bikes but that more commonly refers to a bike that bends in the middle but the back isn't a unicycle (google if you like). This is similar to the 'super trick cycle' (80's) which was a precursor to unicycling for me. I am thinking about buying it, money is a little tight and that is the only thing holding me back.

Art is a misspelled rat.
"The unicyclist is the purest form of rebel"
deadbeatpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 05:09 PM   #7
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbeatpope View Post
I have heard them called swing bikes but that more commonly refers to a bike that bends in the middle but the back isn't a unicycle (google if you like). This is similar to the 'super trick cycle' (80's) which was a precursor to unicycling for me. I am thinking about buying it, money is a little tight and that is the only thing holding me back.
Yeah I know the rear isn't a unicycle on a swing bike, I mostly just meant it's similar in the way that both the front and rear wheel can turn
“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 03:32 AM   #8
Unicyclist Lou
Unicyclist

Over the winter I built a swing bike. They are fun to ride, but not easy. They have a very small turning radius so you can ride them inside.

Once the weather became warm again I started riding my unicycles.

If you decide to get one enjoy.
Unicyclist Lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossover, unibike