Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2017-04-12, 02:36 PM   #1
cliffhirsch
Boston metrowest muni

KH T-Bar Touring vs Muni

Trying to decide between KH T-Bar Touring and Muni handles. First handle for me, so they both look intimidating. For a 36", touring seems obvious. But for my 26" muni, which I also use for distance until I can sneak in another uni purchase, would the muni handle be best? Appreciate thoughts.
cliffhirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 03:44 PM   #2
LanceB
This space available

If you use the 26 for muni, I would definitely recommend the muni handle. It will also work fine for road riding, whereas I would NOT want to ride off-road with a touring-style handle. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Old 2017-04-12, 05:02 PM   #3
juggleaddict
late-night rider

Send a message via AIM to juggleaddict
To add to that point, it's really easy to disconnect the handle and leave the bracket on the saddle. I tend to not ride mountain with an extra handle anyway. As far as handle type goes, the muni one is just short and narrow. You can always use a cheap pipe cutter to hack down the road version and get similar geometries. I think overall if you haven't had a handle before the road version gives you more upfront versatility in shape. You can then cut it down to what you like and you're set. If you find you may want to try a wider bar and you have the muni version, you're just sol. Both will provide more comfort, and I wouldn't use either for muni unless I kept it really short. (Keep it long and the moment from a big fall will break it) Assuming you have dual hole cranks, a common setup as an all-rounder would be to have a handlebar and short crank size, then when you hit dirt swap the crank size, remove the bar and you're all set. It's 3 screws from road to muni. If you have a brake, get a stubby bar to throw in the handlebar bracket (2-3") and the you can still use the handlebar bracket as a brake mount. You'll probably end up trimming a new bar down a bit anyway, so that piece that you trim works great for a brake mount.
Old 2017-04-12, 06:41 PM   #4
Alice Arctan
rhymes with dark tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggleaddict View Post
To add to that point, it's really easy to disconnect the handle and leave the bracket on the saddle.
With something in it so it doesn't get dented in.
Alice Arctan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
muni, tbar, touring