Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycling Articles and Tutorials

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2016-08-26, 03:19 PM   #31
Stetson
Unicycle

Help

Hi, I've been unicycle g for 2 years now and just started to do all the cool stuff, but the one thing I can't seem to do is hop up, I can hop of tall structures with ease but can even hop up one stair. I want to learn how, what do I have to do?
Stetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-26, 03:21 PM   #32
Stetson
Unicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
Hi, I've been unicycling for 2 years now and just started to do all the cool stuff, but the one thing I can't seem to do is hop up, I can hop of tall structures with ease but cant even hop up one stair. I want to learn how, what do I have to do?
fixed my typos
Stetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 10:16 PM   #33
Superbant
Unicyclist

Location: Far, far away in a place with a yard and two floors and a basement and a few unicycles and lots of books and tall trees and good food and some computers and lots of unicycle.com stickers and plenty of misspellings and bad grammar and run on sentances
Practice hoping up smaller things, maybe a small piece of wood. Also, you can visualize where the stair would be and just hop on a flat piece of ground, but imagine you are jumping over the stair. Doing static high jumps can also help.
Old 2016-10-01, 12:23 PM   #34
patzar
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbant View Post
Practice hoping up smaller things, maybe a small piece of wood. Also, you can visualize where the stair would be and just hop on a flat piece of ground, but imagine you are jumping over the stair. Doing static high jumps can also help.

You're 100% right, I've done everything exactly as you wrote here while practicing jumping.
patzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hopping, sif