Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-08-01, 06:35 AM   #16
Mikefule
Bridge of Otherwhere: on Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
My wife came up with an interesting idea: instead of learning new mounts, why don稚 I take the time to learn different dismounts?
Is this really the forum for such personal matters?
Old 2018-08-01, 06:50 AM   #17
Onewheelhenni
He who rides the monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
It痴 definitely not a forum for personal matters. I just thought it might be of interest to discuss different types of dismounting. I didn稚 mean to offend readers by explaining where I got the idea from.
I鼠l never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)
Onewheelhenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 08:40 AM   #18
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
It痴 definitely not a forum for personal matters. I just thought it might be of interest to discuss different types of dismounting. I didn稚 mean to offend readers by explaining where I got the idea from.
I think you might have missed the joke, so:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mounted
Old 2018-08-01, 08:51 AM   #19
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Funny OneWheelHenni
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 11:26 AM   #20
Mikefule

Quote:
You missed my dry wit. If my wife invited me to try different "mounts" I would think I was in for a night of sexual experimentation. If she asked me to try different dismounts, I would be surprised but would do my best to oblige. The use of "mount" (and, subsequently "ride") in this context should require no further clarification.

Thus, posting, "My wife suggested... etc." could be mischievously misinterpreted as what we sometimes call "over sharing" or "too much information".

I'll get my coat.
Old 2018-08-01, 12:56 PM   #21
Onewheelhenni
He who rides the monster

Ok, ok, I lost!!!

Now I realize how hilariously funny this all was. I forgot, again, to think horny. Always thought unicyclists would think about unicycles first and sex second. (How should I interpret, now, my wife giving me my first unicycle for Christmas? Did she want me to learn different types of mount?)
I鼠l never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)
Old 2018-08-01, 01:25 PM   #22
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Now I realize how hilariously funny this all was. I forgot, again, to think horny. Always thought unicyclists would think about unicycles first and sex second. (How should I interpret, now, my wife giving me my first unicycle for Christmas? Did she want me to learn different types of mount?)
I think she meant you should mount something/one else....
Old 2018-08-01, 10:44 PM   #23
Mikefule

Quote:
Make up your own joke about 20 inches here.
Old 2018-08-02, 04:27 AM   #24
Onewheelhenni
He who rides the monster

Some names for mounts are jokes by themselves now. Just imagine the leg wrap mount or the jump mount.

Looking at the threads intention, I have, though, come to the conclusion, that no one seems to have classified different dismounts.
I wonder if this would make an interesting project.
Old 2018-08-03, 12:33 AM   #25
mowcius
2017 UK Road Race Champion

Location: Leeds, W. Yorks. Unicycles: KH36/32/G27.5, KH36 (stolen), KHF29, KH24, 19" Gravity, 20" BC
Quote:
Looking at the threads intention, I have, though, come to the conclusion, that no one seems to have classified different dismounts.
I wonder if this would make an interesting project.
I would be fascinated to see what anyone could come up with. I'd be up for trying some different dismounts if I could think of any!

I might have a bit of a play next time I'm out, although I expect they'd basically all be for show rather than practicality.
Old 2018-08-03, 05:10 AM   #26
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece Maker View Post
I'm struggling to picture the Head-On Collision dismount. Please make a video demonstration for learning purposes and science (And absolutely not for hilarity and entertainment)
I don't think I've had the desire to do that dismount since the early 1980s, specifically that one parade, and haven't seen my partner in that stupidity, Mark "Shakey" Schaefer, also since the 1980s. I'll be glad to help if someone wants to "develop" it.
Quote:
We do talk about our crotches quite a bit here, don't we?
Quote:
I forgot, again, to think horny. Always thought unicyclists would think about unicycles first and sex second.
I think we tend to think about unicycles first and sex later.
Quote:
Make up your own joke about 20 inches here.
Have I mentioned that I have a 45"?

It's so big you can't put it in a Volkswagen.

It's so big I have to keep it in the garage.

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy

Last edited by johnfoss; 2018-08-03 at 05:11 AM.
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 05:36 AM   #27
Mikefule

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post

It's so big you can't put it in a Volkswagen.
Not even through the tailgate?
Old 2018-08-03, 06:22 AM   #28
Nasher
Unicyclist

The Lycra dismount

I once perfected the 'Lycra' dismount - one of my most memorable dismounts

There I was unicycling along the promenade, when I spotted this attractive young lady jogger in tight Lycra shorts

Whilst busy watching her lovely bottom, I hit a pile of sand and did the perfect cartoon style dismount. I flew forward & finished up spread eagled, face down, on the pavement! My glasses had flown off and I heard this frail voice (it was an old lady) asking 'are you alright young man?' (I was in my late fifties at the time). I replied, I will be fine if I could find my glasses, a young lad retrieved them & handed them to me. I could then see my 'helpers' & thanked them

I had a few grazes & bruises, but was not badly hurt - I still laugh when I think about it!

Last edited by Nasher; 2018-08-03 at 06:23 AM.
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 09:56 AM   #29
Moslki
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I once perfected the 'Lycra' dismount - one of my most memorable dismounts

There I was unicycling along the promenade, when I spotted this attractive young lady jogger in tight Lycra shorts

Whilst busy watching her lovely bottom, I hit a pile of sand and did the perfect cartoon style dismount. I flew forward & finished up spread eagled, face down, on the pavement! My glasses had flown off and I heard this frail voice (it was an old lady) asking 'are you alright young man?' (I was in my late fifties at the time). I replied, I will be fine if I could find my glasses, a young lad retrieved them & handed them to me. I could then see my 'helpers' & thanked them

I had a few grazes & bruises, but was not badly hurt - I still laugh when I think about it!
I also accomplished that dismount a couple of years ago! I was going far too fast on my 36 because of the 'Lycra' distraction. I initially landed on my feet first but because of the speed of the UPD I was thrown forward and finally landed with my knees scraping the concrete.. So far, the worst UPD I've had on the 36..The 'Lycra' dismount is always lurking!
Moslki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 10:09 AM   #30
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moslki View Post
The 'Lycra' dismount is always lurking!
I'd also have the Lycra when driving a car, but so far I've been able to keep disasters at bay. There have been some close calls though. Such distractions shouldn't be allowed to happen

Tags
dismounts