Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-06-11, 07:25 AM   #1
tholub
Totally Doable
 
tholub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Berkeley, CA
Age: 51
Posts: 3,700
New Movie: The Labontemizer

Chris Labonte, long-standing member of the Berkeley unicycling contingent, and participant in CA MUni Weekend and Moab MUniFest, is moving to Phoenix. We threw a little party for him, and I put together a video with some clips I've collected of Chris doing MUni and a little bit of unicycle basketball. He's a pretty cool MUni and natural trials rider who loves to bounce back from getting hurt.

Gallery version (full quality)
YouTube version
tholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 07:51 AM   #2
john_childs
Guinness Mojo
 
john_childs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Posts: 12,424
Good luck Chris and I hope the muni trails are good in the Phoenix area.

I could recognize some of the trails in the video from CA Muni Weekend rides. Fun times.
__________________
john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock
john_childs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 02:38 PM   #3
chicagounicycle
chicagounicycle@gmail.com
 
chicagounicycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 63
Send a message via AIM to chicagounicycle
nice video... good luck man
__________________
Join the Chicago Unicycle Community:
http://www.myspace.com/chicagounicycle
chicagounicycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 02:59 PM   #4
tholub
Totally Doable
 
tholub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Berkeley, CA
Age: 51
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_childs
Good luck Chris and I hope the muni trails are good in the Phoenix area.

I could recognize some of the trails in the video from CA Muni Weekend rides. Fun times.
Other than the Moab shots, the trails are in Oakland (Joaquin Miller Park/Redwood Park), Fairfield (Rockville Hills Park), or Marin County (China Camp). CA MUni Weekend 2003 used Rockville Hills Park for the Friday ride--it's a great park. We were there this weekend on Chris' farewell ride, and I finally got that granite face uphill that you and I tried dozens of times that year.

I think there was one year when CA MUni Weekend used Joaquin Miller, but that was a long time ago (before 2003).

Come on down this October for the Berkeley Juggling+Unicycle Festival/CA MUni Weekend this year and we'll get you out on all these great trails!
tholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 03:21 PM   #5
JustOneWheel
Every One Should Ride One
 
JustOneWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Age: 53
Posts: 571
Nice work Tom!
What a friend!!
__________________
HAVE FUN ON ONE!
justonewheel.com
JustOneWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 08:33 PM   #6
corbin
Treehouse Muni Rider
 
corbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Age: 41
Posts: 1,378
Send a message via AIM to corbin
we will all miss chris!

corbin
__________________
http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
maestro8 fan club
Justin LE fan club
corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 08:40 PM   #7
Keldridge
Wobbles but mostly upright
 
Keldridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Carson City, Nv.
Age: 49
Posts: 496
Good luck Chris... Hope you survive that Arizona heat...

Keld
Keldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 02:59 AM   #8
john_childs
Guinness Mojo
 
john_childs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Posts: 12,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholub
Other than the Moab shots, the trails are in Oakland (Joaquin Miller Park/Redwood Park), Fairfield (Rockville Hills Park), or Marin County (China Camp). CA MUni Weekend 2003 used Rockville Hills Park for the Friday ride--it's a great park. We were there this weekend on Chris' farewell ride, and I finally got that granite face uphill that you and I tried dozens of times that year.

I think there was one year when CA MUni Weekend used Joaquin Miller, but that was a long time ago (before 2003).

Come on down this October for the Berkeley Juggling+Unicycle Festival/CA MUni Weekend this year and we'll get you out on all these great trails!
I recognized some trails and sights from Rockville and it also looked like there was something from De Laveaga in Santa Cruz. There were some places in the video that did look familiar.

I'll have to see what's going on in October. Would be fun to get down there for the juggling and then the muni weekend. And to say hello to my grandma.
__________________
john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
My Gallery :: Unicycling Bookmark List :: World Clock
john_childs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 06:02 AM   #9
tholub
Totally Doable
 
tholub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Berkeley, CA
Age: 51
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_childs
I recognized some trails and sights from Rockville and it also looked like there was something from De Laveaga in Santa Cruz. There were some places in the video that did look familiar.

I'll have to see what's going on in October. Would be fun to get down there for the juggling and then the muni weekend. And to say hello to my grandma.
That's right, there is one shot from Santa Cruz (the wet log).

We'll hope to see you!
tholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 06:02 AM   #10
nathan
BIG rides: 24"/36" on/off road
 
nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Gatos, California
Posts: 1,524
I was really sorry we couldn't make the party! Best of luck in Arizona and I hope you find some great riding nearby (probably have to wait a few months or take up night riding though). When we rode in Sedona Nov 2003 it was great.

Anytime you can come back to visit, you're welcome to stay with us. Think about Sept 8-9 for the SF tour again this year. And Oct 12-14 for Muni weekend and ... whenever you can make it.

Loved the video - nice job Tom (and Chris doing the riding).

---Nathan
nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
labontemizer, movie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Short movie. isaac steiner Unicycling Videos 10 2007-06-01 01:35 AM
Meeting new friends and riding new trails (write-up) Into the blue General Unicycling Discussions 13 2007-05-25 12:13 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2019 Gilby
Page generated in 0.09418 seconds with 13 queries