Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-02-22, 05:13 AM   #31
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
It would be interesting to know how such a wheel behaves in reality.
Too bad there's no such thing...
Attached Images

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-22, 06:32 AM   #32
JimT
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
Here is another:

Video at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ixpukHX90Jk

And how to build it:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...m_medium=email

Here is what the builder wrote: "Its really not too bad. Getting started is the hard part lol. Steering isn't too bad on a flat surface, but the road is slightly slanted on the left side. The wide surface area makes the wheel want to follow that contour of the ground with raises the chance of tipping. It takes a lot of concentration to ride haha."

Jim
JimT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-22, 06:37 PM   #33
Onewheelhenni
He who rides the monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
Increase the wheel size by about 30% and decrease the width by 30%, and yep - that‘s the one!

I want one.

@ JimT: that one is also very nice. I believe what the builder wrote, because road camber terrorizes me even with a x3.0
I鼠l never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)

Last edited by Onewheelhenni; 2018-02-22 at 06:40 PM.
Onewheelhenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 08:40 AM   #34
Onewheelhenni
He who rides the monster

Unicycling dreams seem to be getting common for me. Last night I dreamed I saw three people riding ringlike impossible wheels, advertising for a circus. (See my sketch below: the outside rim runs along the inside rim like a large ball bearing, the wide wheel is attached to the outside rim only.) They each had one foot placed on the platform and did wheel walking with the other to propel themselves through a crowd.
Actually, this concept of a mix between impossible and ultimate seems plausible for me. If the platform were large enough to place both feet to the right and left, we would have an impossible, adding a handle would make jumping feasible. Placing one foot in the middle one could ride wheel walking like the circus gang I dreamed of.
My question: does this type of uni exist? If not: would it work? If yes: can anyone build me one, pleeeeeeeaaaaase?
Attached Images

I鼠l never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)
Onewheelhenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 01:40 PM   #35
joejumps4fun
Unicycling Filmmaker

My unicycle dreams

I've had dreams where I am riding my BC wheel perpetually in my basement where I have a pole I use to keep propelling me. I think I dreamed this because I would sometimes ride a razor scooter around in my basement (very smooth on a concrete floor) and do this movement where I can keep moving without touching the ground. I always thought it would be fun to ride the BC wheel continuously without stopping but you need an electrical one to do that. I have had dreams where I'm continually propelling myself on the BC wheel by swinging around the pole in my basement to rocket me forward.
joejumps4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 09:26 PM   #36
Vogelfrei80
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
Unicycling dreams seem to be getting common for me. Last night I dreamed I saw three people riding ringlike impossible wheels, advertising for a circus. (See my sketch below: the outside rim runs along the inside rim like a large ball bearing, the wide wheel is attached to the outside rim only.) They each had one foot placed on the platform and did wheel walking with the other to propel themselves through a crowd.
Actually, this concept of a mix between impossible and ultimate seems plausible for me. If the platform were large enough to place both feet to the right and left, we would have an impossible, adding a handle would make jumping feasible. Placing one foot in the middle one could ride wheel walking like the circus gang I dreamed of.
My question: does this type of uni exist? If not: would it work? If yes: can anyone build me one, pleeeeeeeaaaaase?
it does exist! the ring:http://selfbalancingunicyclezone.com...ctric-unicycle
Vogelfrei80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 01:24 AM   #37
joejumps4fun
Unicycling Filmmaker

I was picturing more of an Orbit wheel...
joejumps4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 08:09 PM   #38
moffatuniguy
Ballet-uni-man

Crash Dreams

I had a bad head impact injury in 1994 and I still have dreams about it once in awhile. I always wake up from those dreams with a big jerk of my body. I hit a metal cross bar that was running between a big sign. I was wearing a baseball cap at the time and didn't see the bar. I broke my nose and fell backwards fracturing my skull. Had swelling of the brain and almost died. It still haunts me in my dreams. I always wear a helmet now EVERY time I ride.
Old 2018-04-04, 10:43 PM   #39
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffatuniguy View Post
I had a bad head impact injury in 1994 and I still have dreams about it once in awhile. I always wake up from those dreams with a big jerk of my body. I hit a metal cross bar that was running between a big sign. I was wearing a baseball cap at the time and didn't see the bar. I broke my nose and fell backwards fracturing my skull. Had swelling of the brain and almost died. It still haunts me in my dreams. I always wear a helmet now EVERY time I ride.
People always wear their safety gear after an accident happens. ^_^ Or they don't like skateboarders from what I see on youtube Failarmy vidz. Unicyclists are much more safety aware in general even though IMO it is easier to control a uni than a skateboard. Coming 2 weeks I won't be riding uni and expected I would start dreaming about riding uni after next week, but I already dreamed I was riding last night. All the things I can do with a uni in my dreams. There I am a real pro.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams, unicycling