Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-12-17, 05:17 PM   #1
Nasher
Unicyclist

Riding a classic unicycle on a classic late autumn day

Dug out my old Sem 26" unicycle from the back of the shed, the one I did the 58 mile London to Brighton run on way back in 1992

A quick polish, air in the tyre and a beautiful 10 mile coastal ride to Mumbles (south Wales UK) in the late autumn sunshine

The Sem is standard, except for pedals, the Sem seat is just as comfortable as the latest Nimbus on my muni

If only classic unicycles had risen in value as much as classic motorcycles in the last ten years - it would be worth a fortune!!
Attached Images

Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-18, 03:23 AM   #2
BHChieftain
Unicyclist

Nice pic

Chief
BHChieftain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-18, 02:28 PM   #3
leo
Vandewoestijne

Last month I moved to another apartment, even less spacious than before.
Had a hard time, but donated mine to children abroad.

For my unicycle waiter jobs I basically only idle, so prefer less weight.
For freestyle I do stand-up skills, so wish a good crown.
And my acrobatics my partner wishes an even bigger one.
So now use a number of Nimbus titanium frames for years, and made my own.

Semcycle often was called the Roll-Royce among unicycle's.
I'm curious about the number of people who own both a Semcycle and a Roll-Royce, but I'm included, so can verify.
And to be honest I think a Semcycle Pro is more durable.
+1 866 UNI-CYCL
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-22, 09:12 PM   #4
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
If only classic unicycles had risen in value as much as classic motorcycles in the last ten years - it would be worth a fortune!!
Someday this might happen, but not until there are waaaay more people collecting them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I'm curious about the number of people who own both a Semcycle and a Roll-Royce, but I'm included, so can verify.
And to be honest I think a Semcycle Pro is more durable.
Wow, you must be member of a very tiny club in the Rolls Royce + uni Rolls Royce! For durable, is the pictured uni not a Semcycle Pro? The XLs were more conventional "regular" unicycles. I think the Pro models were also called Semcycle Deluxe, or maybe different names for different countries?

Anyway, for Nasher, if you don't feel guilty about putting on different cranks, you could really up the speed (or comfort) by putting some shorter cranks on there for the long rides. Try 110s.

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-23, 11:15 AM   #5
Nasher
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
For durable, is the pictured uni not a Semcycle Pro? The XLs were more conventional "regular" unicycles. I think the Pro models were also called Semcycle Deluxe, or maybe different names for different countries?
I'm not too sure of the name in the UK of this model, but I seem to remember a guy I met through work (Geoff looker at Hewlett Packard) told me it was a Sem 26 Custom unicycle he had seen on the wall at Oddballs in London. I called them (pre internet) as I was looking for something bigger than my Pashley 20" to do the London to Brighton ride & from memory it cost £165 (about £380 in todays money)
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-23, 04:36 PM   #6
leo
Vandewoestijne

Quote:
For durable, is the pictured uni not a Semcycle Pro? The XLs were more conventional "regular" unicycles. I think the Pro models were also called Semcycle Deluxe, or maybe different names for different countries?
AFAIK you had "Semcycle" and the "XL".
And "Semcycle DeLuxe" or "Semcycle Pro" or "the Semcycle" where just to clearify you were talking about the model and not the brand.
The displayed unicycle is the Semcycle - NOT the XL, which indeed has a conventional frame.

Quote:
Anyway, for Nasher .... .... Try 110s.
I'm pretty sure I have those - exactly the same type as what originally was mounted.
I doubt I would ever use them, so they are available for sale.
+1 866 UNI-CYCL
leo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autumn, classic, day, late, riding, unicycle