Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-04-07, 11:18 PM   #1051
AJ KJ
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by song View Post
Cool! Was that SIF?
Yes, I don稚 think I知 actually tucking enough to make seat in front matter, but it makes it more comfortable so at least it helps in that way.
Old 2018-04-11, 03:12 PM   #1052
Mikefule
Bridge of Otherwhere: on Kindle

Today I rode 750 pedal strokes (around 725 metres) without a dismount on my 24" ultimate wheel. I think that's my longest single ride.
Old 2018-04-11, 06:02 PM   #1053
Unipig
Unicyclist

Starting to get the spin and pirouettes down. Local gym lets me use their aerobics floor to practice when empty. What a strange sensation it is. Kinda easy to do on a smooth floor and high pressure tire. Pavement requires much more action to get going. Still working that out.

Can only spin counterclockwise at the moment. It is great fun. I'll post some video when I feel it is net worthy.
Unipig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 05:34 PM   #1054
Onewheelhenni
He who rides the monster

New duration record: 1h12:22 without dismount whilst accompanying my wife while jogging. Had to dismount at a road construction site because of traffic. No sore crotch due to advices on this thread earlier on.
I鼠l never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)
Onewheelhenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 09:02 PM   #1055
Mikefule
Bridge of Otherwhere: on Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
New duration record: 1h12:22 without dismount whilst accompanying my wife while jogging. Had to dismount at a road construction site because of traffic. No sore crotch due to advices on this thread earlier on.
An hour or more without a dismount, UP or otherwise,is always an achievement. You can be 58 minutes in and make a silly mistake or meet an idiot. What size wheel and cranks was it on?

I used to train measuring distance covered in a timed hour. At the moment I'm working towards 50 km (just over 30miles) without a dismount on my ungeared 36 which I expect to take around 3 hours. I will be so disappointed if someone steps in front of me at 49 km. My longest ever without a dismount was 27 miles in something like 2 h 30 m, but I was younger then.

Last edited by Mikefule; 2018-04-16 at 09:03 PM.
Mikefule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 10:21 PM   #1056
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

I've no idea what my longest non-dismount ride is! :O Probably when I did Manchester to Blackpool, there were a few chunks of an hour or more. My usual unicycling haunts just don't allow for long continuous riding because of all the traffic lights, stupid barriers in bike lanes, and ludicrously large main roads to cross.
的t is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 11:58 AM   #1057
Onewheelhenni
He who rides the monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
An hour or more without a dismount, UP or otherwise,is always an achievement. You can be 58 minutes in and make a silly mistake or meet an idiot. What size wheel and cranks was it on?

I used to train measuring distance covered in a timed hour. At the moment I'm working towards 50 km (just over 30miles) without a dismount on my ungeared 36 which I expect to take around 3 hours. I will be so disappointed if someone steps in front of me at 49 km. My longest ever without a dismount was 27 miles in something like 2 h 30 m, but I was younger then.
I did it on a standard KH20 setup. Don稚 know the crank length without looking it up. it seems to fit me well, though.

I had a first-timer on my trip today (KH27.5), when I did a hopping turn-around because of a too-late choice of direction. I had never even tried this outside of technical training sessions.
I鼠l never try: Freewheeling (too dangerous), g36 (too fast), giraffes (too tall)
Onewheelhenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 02:17 AM   #1058
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefule View Post
An hour or more without a dismount, UP or otherwise,is always an achievement.
Lately ive been riding about 18km trips. One time i managed to ride without any stops to make a good time. There is no traffic just cycle lanes with two nasty hills. When nearly at the top, tree roots protrude from the asphalt which make it hard to traverse so often I UPD there as im already tired from the climb. I ride it on a 29". Mostly i make a stop because of saddle ache. A 5 minute break makes it possible to take a following stretch.
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 09:39 PM   #1059
AJ KJ
Unicyclist

Today I practiced hitting jumps with my freewheel 26. I stopped overthinking the technique, and I got way more consistent. I知 just going to let relying on my brake fade out over time rather than trying to stamp it out.
Old 2018-04-22, 12:38 PM   #1060
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ KJ View Post
Today I practiced hitting jumps with my freewheel 26. I stopped overthinking the technique, and I got way more consistent.
Stopping to overthink is something 90% on this forum could learn from Congratulations, I wish I had a freewheel I could practice with, they are very fun ideed.
Old 2018-04-24, 02:19 PM   #1061
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnspin View Post
Stopping to overthink is something 90% on this forum could learn from Congratulations, I wish I had a freewheel I could practice with, they are very fun ideed.
I have a 20" freewheel that i used altogether 4 or so times but i don't like it. Bought it last year at Einradladen.com for 400 euros. Give me a good price and u can get it.
Old 2018-04-24, 10:11 PM   #1062
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

Today I... Unicycled 52 miles through the wind and rain for an awesome charity! Lots of hand cyclists alongside me.

G29 with 114mm cranks makes for a great distance cruiser!

的t is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.
Old 2018-04-25, 03:26 PM   #1063
LanceB
This space available

Wow, averaging almost 11 mph over 52 miles is amazing! In bad weather!
Very well done, indeed!
Attached Images

Old 2018-04-25, 10:05 PM   #1064
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

Hoping I can do it next year in *great* weather and beat that average

It was the first serious distance I've done with this uni setup too (G29, super-short cranks, slick lightweight tyre) so I'm pretty happy with how it went. I used the low gear for the seafront section just due to the wind, but aside from that I was basically permanently on high. Even towards the end, I never felt like the short cranks/high gear were causing trouble
Old 2018-04-26, 06:43 PM   #1065
Setonix
Unicyclist

Last year or so i wanted to experience with shorter cranks and bought the KH dual hole of 127mm and smaller but every time I gave it a try I just found the too short. Then last week when trying again, i switched back to 150's halfway a trip and even though 2cm is a small distance it felt like a very big difference. This week I ordered 140mm cranks for the 29" nimbus and they are just a super fit. I can still mount 100% and slow down to hop and drive off. Im very happy with them.

Tags
brag, landed, thread, today, tricks, version 2