Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-04-21, 01:42 PM   #1
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

why I hate springtime

It's spring (in the northern hemisphere!). The Sun is shining again, flowers are in full bloom, birds are a singing and people are happy ... except me!
I hate springtime : I am always tired, I feel confused, I am loosing my balance, I can't withstand the spring's sun (it gets into my head even when I wear a hat).
Waiting eagerly for fall and winter (my prefered seasons)
Old 2019-04-21, 03:02 PM   #2
lowerstackmac
Unicyclist

The snow is almost gone, the ice will be off the lake sometime this week. The ground has thawed, uni time. Iím liking it for now. Like you wobbling bear, fall is my favourite season.
lowerstackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-21, 03:33 PM   #3
elpuebloUNIdo
Viva la revolucion!

Greetings from Southern California. Can someone please explain what these seasons things are?

My muni ride ride yesterday was amazing. Low cloud cover, perfect exercise weather, just the right amount of moisture in the soil (allowed me to make it up a particularly steep hill without slipping). At one point I was riding a narrow single track with walls of blooming mustard plants on either side.
elpuebloUNIdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-25, 09:46 PM   #4
JJuggle
Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Send a message via AIM to JJuggle
Fuckís wrong with you, ami? Spring is the joint! The only thing better is summer with 95 degrees, thatís 35 Celsius to you, and 95% humidity.

To Plotz is Human
To Shvitz Divine
JJuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-26, 07:35 PM   #5
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJuggle View Post
Fuckís wrong with you, ami? Spring is the joint! The only thing better is summer with 95 degrees, thatís 35 Celsius to you, and 95% humidity.
hell is a sandbeach with coconut trees!
Old 2019-04-27, 12:41 AM   #6
Stabio
Unicyclist

Love Spring

I grew up in Canada. I loved watching the World come back to life. Here in Australia, the plants donít follow the 4 season rules. Summers can get quite uncomfortable while cycling on one wheel. I miss the snow on the mountains and the forests filled with O2.
When I first arrived in Sydney, I kept going in the opposite direction because of the location of the Sun and Sea. Complete opposite of Vancouver BC.
Stabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-27, 02:46 AM   #7
OneTrackMind
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabio View Post
When I first arrived in Sydney, I kept going in the opposite direction because of the location of the Sun and Sea. Complete opposite of Vancouver BC.
I have lived my whole life on the east coast of Australia but have a completely reversed sense of direction. If we are disoriented my wife asks me which way we should go and then we go in the opposite direction.

I was in China many years ago with a colleague who could take a boat out of sight of land in Australia and still know which way to go. He invariably went the wrong way when we walked out onto the street in China but I was fine.

Last edited by OneTrackMind; 2019-04-27 at 02:47 AM.
OneTrackMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-27, 03:16 PM   #8
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabio View Post
When I first arrived in Sydney, I kept going in the opposite direction because of the location of the Sun and Sea.
that didn't happen to me everytime I was down under: I must have a pigeon's brain
Old 2019-04-27, 08:23 PM   #9
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

We had the German Muni and Trials Weekend over Easter. Perfect Summer weather. I'd never trade sitting outside at a campfire over being inside in the cold season.

Didn't wear a shirt for almost an entire day, when I had a relaxed day building trials lines and riding some trials. Had an awesome Muni Tour, and all the weather did was add another stop at a drinking fountain. Did a fun little trials competition in the sun, no fear of the pallets getting slippery. It's generally considered the beginning of Muni season, and man, I'm excited for summertime.
Old 2019-04-29, 01:50 PM   #10
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

my prefered weather (there is a hole in the ice of the lake for those willing to take a bath after the sauna)
Attached Images

Old 2019-05-04, 01:02 AM   #11
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

I grew up in Michigan, with four seasons. All of which work for unicycling, but in different ways.

Now I live in California, with three seasons. Winter is accessibly located about 90 minutes up the road, if I choose to go there, at Lake Tahoe. There is still snow and skiing happening there at this moment. Good to know it's there, but the snow makes all the trails disappear!

Our summers are a little bit warm (a BIG little bit) but humidity is low, and that counts for something.

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"

Last edited by johnfoss; 2019-05-04 at 01:04 AM.
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hate, springtime