Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Unicycle Product Reviews

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-10-13, 04:51 AM   #31
UPD in Utah
Unicyclist

FELT GmbH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Seems interesting but sadly I didn't found any retailer in Europe...
Philippe,

I don't know if you are still looking for a Berm Master, but I found the address for FELT GmbH:

FELT GmbH
INDUSTRIESTRASSE 39
D - 26188 EDEWECHT
GERMANY

U.S. Address:

FELT BICYCLES
12 CHRYSLER
IRVINE, CA 92618

Also, the stock number for the U.S. Berm Master on the "tire wrap/packaging" is 719471.

It's really a good tire for the price: very good for city riding, and pretty good for 24" street & trials.

I took my N24 equipped with the Berm Master for Josh from UDC-US try out at Outerbike and he thought it was good enough for UDC-US to investigate further. Let's hope it's still in production.

Cheers,

UPD in Utah
UPD in Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 10:13 AM   #32
TrevEv
Tre>. E>.

Thumbs up Berm Master

Hi,

I have had this tire for about 2 months. It has gone the distance.
This thing this tire is best at is cornering and hard surfaces.
I push my tire really hard, and even so, I have only bottomed it out
twice. (Try-all 24" rim.)

Yesterday I went Muni-ing and
The Berm Master Mastered most of the terrain I threw it at.
It only threw me at the terrain once,(uphill sand.)
But mostly I was throwing terrain at it.
TrevEv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 02:42 PM   #33
mnunirider
Unicyclist

I installed one of these on my KH24 last night and have yet had a chance to try it out. Am looking for a higher volume/wider tire as a replacement for the holy roller I've been running for about a year. My Muni riding mainly consists of hard pack single trails with soft sandy spots in the lower areas. As I usually need to ride paved trails about a mile or two to get back into the woods I need a dual purpose tire, the holy roller is great but being 2.4" wide made it too squirrelly in the soft stuff.
mnunirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 05:21 PM   #34
AzTinbender
Unicyclist

I just did my first two rides on my new Berm Master. I bought it to replace the nearly worn out stock Duro 24 x 3.0 on my Oracle. The first ride was just skill practice in a park. Right away I discovered that I needed to increase the air pressure from the 12.5 that I normally run, to 15.5 for the new tire. Maybe the sidewalls aren't as stiff? Doesn't matter. It performed flawlessly after that.

This morning I took it to the trail that I ride the most to see how it handled my typical MUni ride. No problem! It was no different than the Duro that I was so used to. Didn't even take any time to get a feel for it. It felt great right from the start. The trails here are very hard packed, dry single track with some sandy spots. So I can't say how it works in mud or other trail conditions. I can't really say how any tire works in mud. But where I ride the Berm Master works just fine.

And because it costs less than half the price of the Duro, it's my new favorite tire.
AzTinbender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24x3, berm, felt, master, tire