Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-06-08, 11:04 PM   #1
beelsebob2
Unicyclist
 
beelsebob2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: York, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 25
Send a message via AIM to beelsebob2
Chocfest 9, still not on time!

Just wanted to tell everyone that chocfest is ON this year in York - it will be held on the 3rd of July in Fishergate Primary School - There'll be plenty to do all day, and especially for the unicyclists, I'll be getting a muni/trials ride organised (there'll be plenty of space for riding around at the school too).

If you want more info go to http://www.chocfest.net

Finally - if you're interested in the muni ride reply to this and tell me what sort of level you want it pitched at - we can't do much really difficult stuff because York's terrain doesn't lend it's self to it, but we can get some trials stuff done probably.

Bob
beelsebob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 06:06 PM   #2
Adrian
Experienced Faller Offer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: York, UK
Posts: 105
If you need a hand with stuff, then give me a yell.
Preferably after Tuesday when my exams are done
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 09:33 PM   #3
beelsebob2
Unicyclist
 
beelsebob2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: York, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 25
Send a message via AIM to beelsebob2
Sure, just come along to either Town or Uni juggle soc and I'm sure there will be jobs needing done - Sam is in charge of it all... In the mean time, any ideas for where a muni ride could get taken - I was thinking down the river and have some bits and bobs prepared to piss around on... You got any idea of how to make a muni course out of Yorks incredibly flat terrain?
beelsebob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 09:48 PM   #4
unicycleboy
Hardcore Trials Rider
 
unicycleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bristol, Fishponds
Age: 21
Posts: 1,150
Send a message via AIM to unicycleboy Send a message via MSN to unicycleboy Send a message via Yahoo to unicycleboy
Ohhh im going to miss Choc Fest this year next year then :s im doing circomedia show

Trev
unicycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 10:36 PM   #5
phil
Average wheels: 1.5
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cannock Chase, UK
Age: 39
Posts: 3,382
Quote:
Originally posted by beelsebob2
You got any idea of how to make a muni course out of Yorks incredibly flat terrain?
York doesn't really lend itself to muni! The best places I found in York itself were near the racecourse. Along the western edge there's a strip with a track down it, with occasional random concrete structures and steps between this and the road.

Down there somewhere there is a small wooded patch, in the south west corner of the racecourse I think. Riding through forests counts as muni, even if it does only take five minutes to get from one side to the other!

From there you can also head up the river, which is "pleasant" rather than "extreme", but still enjoyable.

There is also a strip near the university campus, alongside Windmill Lane (I think?) from Heslington church up to Hull Road. There is a trail running from end to end, which is pretty good fun. It's a fairly windy trail with a few short steep bits, roots, a set of steps and various logs dotted along its length.

If you can somehow get a little further out, Wheldrake Wood a few miles south east is good for a proper ride.

Phil, ex York dweller
__________________
"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 11:28 AM   #6
Adrian
Experienced Faller Offer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: York, UK
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally posted by beelsebob2
Sure, just come along to either Town or Uni juggle soc and I'm sure there will be jobs needing done - Sam is in charge of it all... In the mean time, any ideas for where a muni ride could get taken - I was thinking down the river and have some bits and bobs prepared to piss around on... You got any idea of how to make a muni course out of Yorks incredibly flat terrain?
Right, that thing I keep forgetting about

Hmm, haven't really found anywhere for muni-ing around here. Most of the stuff which I reckon would be suitable tends to involve heading out a fair way first.

I'll have a look at the OS map and potter about a bit.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 11:37 AM   #7
beelsebob2
Unicyclist
 
beelsebob2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: York, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 25
Send a message via AIM to beelsebob2
Quote:
York doesn't really lend itself to muni! The best places I found in York itself were near the racecourse. Along the western edge there's a strip with a track down it, with occasional random concrete structures and steps between this and the road.

Down there somewhere there is a small wooded patch, in the south west corner of the racecourse I think. Riding through forests counts as muni, even if it does only take five minutes to get from one side to the other!

From there you can also head up the river, which is "pleasant" rather than "extreme", but still enjoyable.
Yeh, this was what I was probably going to go for - down the river to the race course and piss about.

Someone suggested going to selby, but I think a 15 mile each way uike ride is stretching it for a juggling convention

Quote:
There is also a strip near the university campus, alongside Windmill Lane (I think?) from Heslington church up to Hull Road. There is a trail running from end to end, which is pretty good fun. It's a fairly windy trail with a few short steep bits, roots, a set of steps and various logs dotted along its length.
Yeh, unfortunately, we're quite a way from the uni this year, and anyway, the builders have kinda cocked up that strip

Bob
beelsebob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chocfest, time


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2019 Gilby
Page generated in 0.06341 seconds with 12 queries