Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Trading Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-08-13, 10:27 PM   #1
NWard
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Need mountain uni for 8 year old

My son is 8 and he is riding a unicycle like mad. He has started riding singletrack with no brakes and a street tire. I would like to get him something appropriate. What do you all suggest? A 24 with the seat tube cut all the way down? Brakes, no brakes? I am in Colorado USA. If anyone has a used uni that fits the bill, I am interested. Please email me at nathan@gritandthistle.com. Thanks!
NWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 04:58 AM   #2
elpuebloUNIdo
Viva la revolucion!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Aliso Viejo, California
Age: 51
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWard View Post
My son is 8 and he is riding a unicycle like mad. He has started riding singletrack with no brakes and a street tire. I would like to get him something appropriate. What do you all suggest? A 24 with the seat tube cut all the way down? Brakes, no brakes? I am in Colorado USA. If anyone has a used uni that fits the bill, I am interested. Please email me at nathan@gritandthistle.com. Thanks!
If you can let us know what his inseam is with his shoes on, you'll get some good advice from others on the forum. 20" trials unicycles make perfectly good mountain unicycles for kids, FYI.
elpuebloUNIdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 11:54 AM   #3
OneTrackMind
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Murwillumbah, NSW, Australia
Age: 60
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
20" trials unicycles make perfectly good mountain unicycles for kids, FYI.
Yes and won't be wasted when they eventually do move to a bigger uni for off road and take the trials uni to the skate park.
__________________
Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid
OneTrackMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 11:50 PM   #4
jtrops
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Age: 51
Posts: 2,302
Where are you in Colorado?

I have an Impact 20” that I may sell. I’m in Longmont.
__________________
"A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes
jtrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 11:35 PM   #5
NWard
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Inseam 24 inches. What size 20 or 24?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
If you can let us know what his inseam is with his shoes on, you'll get some good advice from others on the forum. 20" trials unicycles make perfectly good mountain unicycles for kids, FYI.
His inseam with shoes is 24 inches.

What do you think about brakes? Necessary?
NWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 11:37 PM   #6
NWard
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Will be near Longmont this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrops View Post
Where are you in Colorado?

I have an Impact 20” that I may sell. I’m in Longmont.
Hi. We are in Salida, but will be in Berthoud area Saturday and Sunday mornings this week for a wedding. Please email me a photo and details at nathan@gritandthistle.com. Thanks!
NWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
(no prefix), mountain, uni, wanted: north america, year


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
advice for my 12 year old son: advanced Uni sethkevin General Unicycling Discussions 15 2017-06-10 06:05 AM
20" wheel giraffe for a 7 year old to big? Sideshow General Unicycling Discussions 6 2014-06-30 03:57 PM
Learning Journal for a 50 year old - mmorton General Unicycling Discussions 30 2013-10-01 07:52 AM
Would a UDC trials unicycle work for Muni for an 8 year old? peter.bier General Unicycling Discussions 5 2011-08-11 11:40 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2019 Gilby
Page generated in 0.05780 seconds with 11 queries