Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 129 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 2018-08-13, 12:51 PM   #29116
thieum
Tee-Um

Hey guys ! Back from vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
I'm so sorry that happened to everyone present!

How did the investigation turn out? You're supposed to continue CPR until the ambulance arrives (within minutes), and they should transport the person to the hospital. Did they just give up?
It turns out it was an accident, it's a shame it happened in these conditions.
People performed CPR all the way, even grabbed a defibrillator, alas it was all too late. I live near an internationally renowned military hospital, lots of doctors were at the event, nothing could be done.

No PageDance this time

Last edited by thieum; 2018-08-13 at 12:51 PM.
thieum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 12:57 PM   #29117
thieum
Tee-Um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbant View Post
And in other news I got some more legos.
Are you inspired by Blue ?
For some reason my kids are not huge lego fans, I remember playing for hours on when I was a kid, or more recently assembling stuff from a bulk I had bought on eBay for my kids. My eldest religiously builds his legos and does nothing with them afterwards, my second is hardly interested, only my little girl seems to fancy playing with them every now and then.
It makes little sense when you know that my kids have practically no access to screens. Go figure...
Old 2018-08-13, 03:03 PM   #29118
thieum
Tee-Um

Quote:
Originally Posted by William393 View Post
Hi,

There's a regular Tuesday evening unicycle ride around Paris.
I used to go there on a regular basis a little over ten years ago, but I kind of gave up going there for many reasons. I went through a 3 year long expatriation, had kids, moved out of Paris (although not far) but the main reason is that I much prefer riding Muni ! So whenever I have a minute to ride I just go out in the forest.
Old 2018-08-14, 05:43 PM   #29119
thieum
Tee-Um

I had my cousin visiting from Australia today, reall lovely to see him with his wife and youngest daughter. Took a day off to make sure I could spend some time with them. This is when you hate being a journalist, got an urgent call telling me they needed someone to fly to Genova. Had no option.
So here I am about to board a plane to cover the worst possible type of news event (after a terror attack which is just dreadful to cover)
Can't complain too much I could have been on the bloody bridge I guess.
Old 2018-08-20, 05:48 PM   #29120
thieum
Tee-Um

I have my cousin -whom I haven't seen in a couple of years- visiting from Bordeaux tonight, and I need to stay late at work in order to finish a story about Greece.
I think there's a global conspiration going on...
Old 2018-08-22, 11:44 PM   #29121
saskatchewanian
ERIC P

Ah the work/life balance

I keep bragging about those long brakes I get in the summer, I've actually only gotten one complete set of days off so far this fire season, back in June. It's great for the bank account, but makes it hard for the life side of the equation.

I went canoeing last weekend. Had it planned for a couple weeks and turned down not one, not two, but three export opportunities to go on the trip. All I can say is it was well worth it.

As soon was home I got called back on shift early, and now I'm off to BC to help with the fires over there. I'm missing my Grandma's 98th birthday celebration and seeing a bunch of the cousins but I didn't want to say no four times in a row. It seems you only really get one sacred cow holiday that you can refuse assignments for if you want to continue getting the offers.

Thieum I hope you got to see your cousin.

WORKLIFEDANCE!!!

Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2018-08-22 at 11:50 PM.
saskatchewanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 01:28 PM   #29122
thieum
Tee-Um

I feel for you. What's most aggravating is that you're idle when you'd rather work... It all seems to be terrible timing.
Anyway, I got to see my cousin, who's becoming increasingly snobbish as he gets older (past 40) telling me I should wear real shoes rather than sneakers, or never wear short sleeved shirts, especially with square patterns, and all sorts of silly materialistic considerations which left me ixnay.
I guess our values have drifted apart so much that we're beyond any hope of reconciliation , we're only left with family bonds at this point. My wife and I felt a bit awkward after they left, it's strange to spend some time with people who have grown so positively different.
Old 2018-08-23, 11:46 PM   #29123
dpn81
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieum View Post
I guess our values have drifted apart so much that we're beyond any hope of reconciliation , we're only left with family bonds at this point.
Family - where we've been but not necessarily where we're headed.
dpn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 09:58 AM   #29124
thieum
Tee-Um

So true... I'm at a point where I'm no longer close to any member of my family, be it my side or my wife's side. I guess children were the last nail in the coffin.
I love a lot of them and enjoy seeing them but I would never choose any as a friend nor a role model.
Old 2018-08-25, 07:04 AM   #29125
Dingfelder
Smoov Moob Noob

I don't often meet people who could stand the test of being held up as a role model.

At most, in some narrow area.

Definitely a tough row to hoe.

What irritates me more than people not being particularly admirable is when they want to claim credit for being so. To hear some people praise themselves, or criticize others, you'd think they would be holding themselves to a high standard indeed. Yet many of the most self-satisfied and cocksure people I've known were among the least interested in holding themselves to any kind of serious account.

Last edited by Dingfelder; 2018-08-25 at 07:06 AM.
Dingfelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-27, 12:15 PM   #29126
wobbling bear
GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thieum View Post
I'm at a point where I'm no longer close to any member of my family, be it my side or my wife's side.
My family is not a problem (I have none ) but for other "close" members I am just easy going: I take people as they want to appear (I am a cynic ) unless they are really obnoxious ...
as a matter of fact it's me that have (almost) no friend because of my aloofness (My mind often "disconnect" so people think I just don't care)
Old 2018-08-27, 12:36 PM   #29127
thieum
Tee-Um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfelder View Post
I don't often ... of serious account.
I wish I had written that prose. So true...
Old 2018-08-27, 12:39 PM   #29128
thieum
Tee-Um

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbling bear View Post
My family is not a problem (I have none ) ... I just don't care)
You have a large family Bernard, you just happen to be the top of the tree.
Old 2018-08-27, 12:55 PM   #29129
thieum
Tee-Um

We're at page 1942...
Eric did you know that Japanese war planes had dropped incendiary bombs over Oregon on Aug 28 1942 ? Causing major forest fires...

On a lighter note I'm back from a weekend in Périgord where my kids had spent a week with my mother and relatives. Such a gorgeous region...
We spent Sunday afternoon at an accrobranche, which is an adventure park where you climb from tree to tree hooked up to a life line. My kids love it and I thank them for that...
Old 2018-08-28, 10:57 AM   #29130
GILD
Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

Location: the bustling metropolis of Nelspruitia, south africa
Hey!

Happy International Harper Day everybody!
GILD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
768, angrybirdsucksrealhard, blue blue, bluesopopular, gilby must delete this, gilby please delete this, gilby will delete this, i want blue inside me, i'm drunker than blue, intotheblue.is.sexy, intothebluemyhero, it wuz t*rry, itemno530, ivanmegadestroyer, most replys, noloitering!!!, reply, replys, return, spamtagsftw, stillpagedance, terry is the mind killer, terry.is.evil, terryreallydidkillmr, thevirginmaryisinblue!