Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-05-11, 09:16 PM   #16
Stagehand
Unicyclist

Sorry for the individual quotes. I can't seem to get the multi-quote to work.
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 09:57 PM   #17
Alucard
Unicyclist

I once loaned someone my 26” muni. As I was about 10” shorter than them I changed the seat post for a longer one so it would fit them. A while later I got my unicycle back but forgot to alter the seat post. Fast forward to me taking my unicycle out for a ride, and the seat was too high for me. If I lowered it enough be able to barely sit on it the post went all the way down and caught on the wheel. Doh !
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 10:01 PM   #18
Alucard
Unicyclist

First time attempting to ride across the Forth Road Bridge. So busy worrying about what the weather would be like that I forgot to pack the pedals !
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-04, 05:58 AM   #19
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonix View Post
I just don't tighten my laces too much. That way I can just step in and out of my shoes without ever having to untie them.
It doesn't work that way if you're going fast. If you're going really slow, it's not much of an issue. Keeping the laces short is a very good idea, however this will not prevent them from possibly coming lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quax1974 View Post
There are many MTB shoes available with Velcro straps
As mentioned earlier, some models of 5/10 MTB shoes (not just BMX variants) have a velcro flap that goes over the laces. Those are the ones I use, though I forget the model name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Wow...Go Big or stay at Home!!
Really. I ended up staying home from Muni Weekend, but this was mainly because I would have had to miss the last day anyway; we had a pre-planned trip to Cancun. I took some great pictures of the Chichen Itza pyramid, but every time I had to turn my camera to portrait mode, I had to push up the camera with my left hand, while my right held the lens and shutter button. Ouch!

"Who is going to argue with a mom who can ride a unicycle?" -- Forums member "HiMo"
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-04, 03:21 PM   #20
Alice Arctan
rhymes with dark tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoss View Post
[S]ome models of 5/10 MTB shoes (not just BMX variants) have a velcro flap that goes over the laces.
Anybody know if that's peculiar to 5.10? I'm on my second such pair, and the flap is just the ticket. The laces do get out on rare occasion, although that's impossible, so I keep them short.
Alice Arctan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumb, mistakes