Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-08-28, 01:18 AM   #31
bristlecone
Unicyclist

Mine is a stupid accident that nearly happened but fortunately did not. I was riding around a blind corner behind a canteen. Coming the other way was a guy carrying about 1000 eggs on stacked trays.

We managed to narrowly dodge one another. He somehow managed to steady and hold on to the eggs.

If it had gone the other way, it would have been expensive for me, messy for both of us, and disappointing for hundreds of people who would have missed their breakfast.
bristlecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 04:21 AM   #32
caseytronic
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewheelhenni View Post
....It came around and hit (bit?) my shin with the pedal, making a mark as if I had had a severe UPD doing a failed free mount. Definitely stupid enough to qualify as an accident for this thread.
Had a good one kind of like that last month.:

Wife and I took a vacation to Vancouver and I had a couple of hrs to ride Corkscrew and Pingu trails on the North Shore.

I was doing fairly well surviving the steep slopes and woodwork with no blood. I came to a wood plank that was too steep for me and slid down on my butt. On my way down the wheel spun and a pedal screw put a 6 inch gash down the front of my shin - only injury I got.

.. and then there was the time I face planted on a trail (straight section with no obstacles) right in front of a guy with his small psychotic dog. I think it was the best day of that dog's life! It immediately started barking and snapping at me and I'm pretty sure it tried to gets its mouth around one of my leg pads before the guy pulled it off of me.
caseytronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 06:40 PM   #33
Setonix
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseytronic View Post

.. and then there was the time I face planted on a trail (straight section with no obstacles) right in front of a guy with his small psychotic dog. I think it was the best day of that dog's life! It immediately started barking and snapping at me and I'm pretty sure it tried to gets its mouth around one of my leg pads before the guy pulled it off of me.
lol so embarrassing when that happens. funny :P
Setonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 04:36 AM   #34
Phillip
Unicyclist

I managed to flip off backwards while going up a ramp. I figured grabbing the seat would give me more force and I pushed myself right off.
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accidents, stupid, unicycles