Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-02-05, 06:07 PM   #1
chouch

Talking French unicyclist in Iceland !

Hi every one !

I'm in Reykjavik for 6 months and I've got my 29er Muni, so I'm going to ride as soon as possible (aouhhhh there is a lot of snow right now ) and looking for other people to practise my favorite sport...

I don't think we are very numerous, but who knows...?

What about those who already went to Iceland? What did you do, where did you go to ride?

Vincent
chouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 06:16 PM   #2
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouch View Post
Hi every one !

I'm in Reykjavik for 6 months and I've got my 29er Muni, so I'm going to ride as soon as possible (aouhhhh there is a lot of snow right now ) and looking for other people to practise my favorite sport...

I don't think we are very numerous, but who knows...?

What about those who already went to Iceland? What did you do, where did you go to ride?

Vincent
You should definitely keep trying to hop up onto the North Pole, and do a drop off it if you have bomb-proof hub and cranks.

Another cool MUni thing up there is hopping from glacier to glacier, but wear a life jacket in case you don't get that pedal catch. A little polar bear repellant is useful too.

I think this belongs in Rec.Sport
Old 2009-02-05, 10:23 PM   #3
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

I went there after Unicon IX in 1998 (with Gilby's parents). We were there for three days I think, and didn't unpack the unicycles because tape would have been too expensive there (Iceland joke). It was summer of course, so I don't know what things look like there now, besides dark, but I imagine there is loads of open space to ride in, if you're into MUni.

Caution: much of the landscape is *very* lumpy and convoluted. On lava it will be interesting to see how your tires hold up. On the lumpy stuff it's possible to break ankles just walking, so take it easy.

Pictures, please!

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 04:03 PM   #4
GizmoDuck
Adventure Unicyclist

I went there in 2002 as a student at the Uni of Iceland for month.

There is heaps of good riding....pick your volcano and take a hike....then ride back down.

Even just riding around Reykavik on a unicycle would be fun. I don't know if this is a good time for it though.

Ken
GizmoDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
french, iceland, unicyclist