Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-05-18, 11:19 AM   #1
joggerdude
Unicyclist
 
joggerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ormskirk, UK
Age: 70
Posts: 333
Rider has lost interest in unicycling !!!!!!!!!!

Slightly lost for words when I spotted this advert on a British website.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/sh...unicycles.html

The guy (or gal) has four unis and ..... well read it for yourselves.
joggerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 01:25 PM   #2
WheelieDaft
Level 1 Unicyclist
 
WheelieDaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Burnley, Lancs., UK
Age: 58
Posts: 253
It happens. Not that unusual in any sport.

Some people like New challenges, so once they feel a sport skill is mastered, they move on.
__________________
Connor "WheelieDaft" Caple - Charity Unicyclist

PendleSide Hospice charitable donations page: http://www.justgiving.com/WheelieDaft


WheelieDaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 03:24 PM   #3
joggerdude
Unicyclist
 
joggerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ormskirk, UK
Age: 70
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieDaft View Post
It happens. Not that unusual in any sport.

Some people like New challenges, so once they feel a sport skill is mastered, they move on.
It was just the apparent level of commitment indicated by the number of unis which surprised me.
However, if they are not top quality, maybe unicycling just became a pain in the butt.
joggerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 03:51 PM   #4
Bonefrost
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So.Dale AZ
Age: 49
Posts: 67
I'm OCD and move on to different things.
Got 25+ guitars(that was supposed to be my life tho,didnt make it in the buisness)also those have been bought over many years.
8 SE Racing BMX cruisers,all bought new within a year(1 cheap,the rest $600+)
Had 8 nitro RC trucks and cars(that was a money pit and they constantly needed worked on,thats why I dropped that)
3 china pit bikes(bottom line,cheap and I tore them up)
Now my CRF250X and an 87 DR200 dirtbikes
Last but not least my 2 uni's that I have put about 10min.s total.(havent had the time)a cyclepro 20" and a Torker CX24
The bikes I'll keep forever,motorcycles wear out,RC was a money pit,guitars are my life and the uni's I WILL learn and either move up to a nice one or just keep the 2 I have to goof around on.
Alot of stuff I get into cuz "friends" claim they are,and I end up the only one following thru.
Other than guitars/music(been playing 30yrs +) 2yrs is about as long as I stay into something.Thats why I like to buy used.

I have a thing that I like 2 of anything(spoiled)in case one breaks,Ill always have a backup.I hate getting all geared up to do something and have a flat,broken string,bike wont start.This way I can just grab another.Sux breaking a string on stage and not haveing a backup guitar.

Last edited by Bonefrost; 2013-05-18 at 03:53 PM.
Bonefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:03 PM   #5
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 12,386
"Blood in, blood out."

We wouldn't lose members so easily if they took joining more seriously
__________________
While you and I are having our cake-and-ice-cream party, the others are having a drink-the-blood-of-the-poor party in the back room. --[QUOTE=maestro8;1433130]
BillyTheMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:09 PM   #6
WheelieDaft
Level 1 Unicyclist
 
WheelieDaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Burnley, Lancs., UK
Age: 58
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheMountain View Post
"Blood in, blood out."

We wouldn't lose members so easily if they took joining more seriously
I already signed

(Caning it on my 29er on a canal towpath without pads *coughs*)
Attached Images
 
__________________
Connor "WheelieDaft" Caple - Charity Unicyclist

PendleSide Hospice charitable donations page: http://www.justgiving.com/WheelieDaft


WheelieDaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 11:08 PM   #7
aracer
Registered Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Worcester, UK
Age: 48
Posts: 1,804
I can understand that. At some point I'm going to have to shift some of my collections (current ones I have at least 3 of: road bikes, off-road bikes, kayaks, skis, windsurfers, RC planes, unicycles, running shoes (road and off-road), backpacks, sleeping bags, tents...)

I don't think I'm likely to get bored of uni any time soon, but have to consider the possibility - I'd certainly sell my windsurfers if I thought I'd get more than a pittance for them.
aracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:49 PM   #8
toracyclist
toracyclist
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 58
Smile have any cash to spare? I could use a new uni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefrost View Post
I'm OCD and move on to different things.
Got 25+ guitars(that was supposed to be my life tho,didnt make it in the buisness)also those have been bought over many years.
8 SE Racing BMX cruisers,all bought new within a year(1 cheap,the rest $600+)
Had 8 nitro RC trucks and cars(that was a money pit and they constantly needed worked on,thats why I dropped that)
3 china pit bikes(bottom line,cheap and I tore them up)
Now my CRF250X and an 87 DR200 dirtbikes
Last but not least my 2 uni's that I have put about 10min.s total.(havent had the time)a cyclepro 20" and a Torker CX24
The bikes I'll keep forever,motorcycles wear out,RC was a money pit,guitars are my life and the uni's I WILL learn and either move up to a nice one or just keep the 2 I have to goof around on.
Alot of stuff I get into cuz "friends" claim they are,and I end up the only one following thru.
Other than guitars/music(been playing 30yrs +) 2yrs is about as long as I stay into something.Thats why I like to buy used.

I have a thing that I like 2 of anything(spoiled)in case one breaks,Ill always have a backup.I hate getting all geared up to do something and have a flat,broken string,bike wont start.This way I can just grab another.Sux breaking a string on stage and not haveing a backup guitar.
toracyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
interest, lost, rider, unicycling


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coker Rider lost in the Forum Sea Honka_Horn General Unicycling Discussions 5 2004-09-28 09:26 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2016 Gilby
Page generated in 0.53468 seconds with 11 queries