Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2019-07-30, 05:20 PM   #31
Canoeheadted
Unicyclist

"If there is a good source to confirm that it is underselling, e.g. a comment from Roger Davies or others who would have actual numbers, then could someone point to it? Otherwise I will guess it was an invalid assumption."

As well.... If there is a good source to confirm that it is selling, e.g. a comment from Roger Davies or others who would have actual numbers, then could someone point to it? Otherwise I will guess it was advertising manipulation.

Now just curious on my part.
Ruari, how many unicycles do you own?
Canoeheadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-30, 07:32 PM   #32
ruari
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoeheadted View Post
Ruari, how many unicycles do you own?
From the smallest to the largest
  • 16" QU-AX Luxus (primarily for my kids to learn, one is attempting now. Though I have also had it in the office and used it to help colleagues to learn in a very confined space)
  • 24" URC Road Series 1
  • 26" Nimbus Muni
  • 28" Pashley
  • 29" QU-AX Muni (Ok, this is not really mine. It is on seemingly permanent loan from UniMyra. Though he is of course welcome to have it back any time he sees fit)
  • 36" UDC Trainer

The 26" and 36" account for 90%+ of my usage as these are the two I commute on daily. I probably use the 36" the most because of the speed advantage, particularly in summer (but sometimes use the 26" for variation, e.g. the last few days) and the the 26" almost exclusively last winter because of the bigger range of tyre options. My current favourite winter commuting tyre being a Kenda Klondike XT 26"x2.35. Though if the snow is uncleared (and there is little to no exposed ice) the Duro Wildlife actually works quite well in the winter as well.

The 24" is new, but already the next most used. I use it to play around and try out stuff, also for travel (I took it to the US recently). I have commuted on it but it is a little slow.

P.S. If I could only have one it would be the 26" Nimbus Muni. I can get a decent speed on it and it is the most flexible for my usage because of the wheel size (leading to lots of tyre possibilities) and I love my VCX+ 3-holed cranks. Though I would really miss the special feel of the 36".

Last edited by ruari; 2019-07-30 at 07:41 PM.
ruari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-30, 08:04 PM   #33
ruari
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoeheadted View Post
If there is a good source to confirm that it is selling, e.g. a comment from Roger Davies or others who would have actual numbers, then could someone point to it? Otherwise I will guess it was advertising manipulation.
If it was advertising manipulation would you expect the people doing it to admit they did? 🤔

That is sort of my point anyway. I have a level of trust in UDC UK based on experience with the team. The best seller list is a source of information from a party I consider fairly reputable. Perhaps it is flawed but it is something. slamdance just suggested it did not sell with no evidence of any kind. Now he could still be correct and know something I don't but if that is true I would love to hear his data point(s).

Last edited by ruari; 2019-07-30 at 08:05 PM.
ruari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumb, question, super