Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2013-06-14, 05:14 AM   #16
unicycle6869
Level 10 Rider!

Send a message via MSN to unicycle6869 Send a message via Skype™ to unicycle6869
HIP HIP HOORAY!!! I am now registered as well. That makes at least 2 unicycles...come on guys we need to get at least 2 more...

I didn't know what to do about accommodation and transport. I was tempted to do the all inclusive deal for $1250 but couldn't justify spending that much, although it would be good to have a nice warm room and comfy bed to come back to every night and not have to worry about anything.

I reserved a rental car as a backup just in case I need to rent one...I can cancel it a day before with full refund so shouldn't be an issue. If I do need to rent it, I would love to share it with someone to help keep costs down.

I haven't signed up for the shuttle bus as I was hoping we could maybe sort this out between us, which it sounds like above that Darren and his friend may be able to help out to save $250....

Darren, where are you staying? I was thinking of camping but that means setup/take down every day, possible hot or rainy or windy weather, and so the more I think about it, I don't think that's an option. Would share a cottage/cabin with some people...or possibly a hotel room... Worst case if I can't find anyone to share with I can always do the dorm option of $40/night.

I'd love to figure accommodation out asap as this is over Australia Day weekend (think July 4th weekend) and I'm assuming they could book up very fast especially with 450 mt bike racers plus support....

PLEASE let us know if you are planning on coming so we can figure out accommodation...I better start training now!
unicycle6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 01:31 AM   #17
muni tasmania
| www.municycle.com.au |

2 Uni riders........that it

any more???

Shuttling will be no issue on the day as a good friend and neighbor and i both are taking cars and i believe he has drummed up a support crew.

Should i tell him i am taking a Uni in the race...?

Accommodation packages sound so nice but it all adds up. if they included dinners and good company i might have booked for that.

I am considering cabins at 2 locations and my friend biking i think has scored a caravan from somewhere lol. so standby i am sure the options will unfold shortly and i can confirm whats easiest and most economical for the days events. If ones to camp it out (original intentions) showers and cooking areas i found will be the issues. if its cold we need hot showers for the poor tired muscles and good food to fuel the fire inside. I like the breeze, water ,cool and warmth but not too much at a time nor all in the one day. which is very likely on the West Coast... Jan/Feb is a good time for a 4 day ride

Im taking my prototype AlloyFish saddle frame model to see if it can be made today. Im hoping they will be strong light and cheaper than carbon but i really dont know yet. all i do know is ghetto poly bananas squashed like a pancake are not ideal. Because im too impatient with the heat gun and sure stressed out plastic will stress me out when it all goes pear
muni tasmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:47 PM   #18
muni tasmania
| www.municycle.com.au |

3 riders we can also put forward ourselves as a team entry?

we could win something with a team entry maybe possibly...

Last call, Anyone keen? Transport we can help with, accommodation either cabins or camping also,

We're just out for a big Muni ride, repairs then shower and some grub afterwards followed by kip.

Then do it all again!!

http://www.wildsidemtb.com/

Check out the youtube videos, is looks fairly easy going, fire trails and single tracks mainly. Oh and sand..... schlumpf hubs like sand ?????
muni tasmania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014who, day, epic, jan, join, mtb, race, tasmania, wildside