Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-05-17, 10:12 PM   #46
Mikefule
Bridge of Otherwhere: on Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierluc View Post
You are right I don't feel any gel in that saddle ! I seem to be getting used to it. I got a stadium and an older modified kh seat I could swap if need be. But this green one looks better!

About the nimbus gel. How tight can those 10mil nut under the saddle be ? It have some flex to it I'm wondering if I can tight it some more! Right now i just used a 10mil screwdriver
The size of a nut or bolt is a clue to how tight the designer intended it to be. The right size spanner will be the right length to apply the right torque (within common sense limits). Tighten it snug, then a quarter turn or so. Check and retighten after a ride. If you just crank it up really tight, you might shear the bolt.
Old 2018-05-17, 11:48 PM   #47
lightbulbjim
Unicyclist

I have a Nimbus Gel which I've removed the cover from for servicing. It does have a small gel patch but it's right in the middle and I can't really see how it's useful. You certainly can't feel it when you're sitting on it.

Tags
36er