Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2002-11-10, 06:51 PM   #1
topside
Perfecting the Image

united upgrade question

I bought a regular united basic 100 dollar 24" unicycle from unicycle.com about a year ago, and I'd like to upgrade. After doing some hopping the steel rim bent almost immediatly so I've upgraded the rim, petals and tire. However, now I regularly do some light Muni action and more hopping and small drops, and I can feel the cranks and hub flex and creak and I'm afraid to take it too far, so I've decided to get a the profile hub/crank setup and a new set of spokes. Is there anything I should know, will this all fit together? I can rebuild the wheel but I'm not sure if it will all work out. Also, what is the best length for cranks? I'd be doing some lighter trails, on road stuff and a lot of trials/drops (even though its a 24"). Does anyone know any good spokes I should look at as well? Thanks for any feedback!

topside
topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-11-10, 09:06 PM   #2
andrew_carter
Back into muni!

I'll hopefully be able to tell you all about the Profile hub and crankset in a few weeks when my custom unicycle is done. From what people have been saying, it seems like the 170mm cranks would be best. I'm not sure about it all fitting together but I would have thought it's work.

Good luck,
Andrew
andrew_carter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, united, upgrade