Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > Trading Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2013-07-06, 04:55 AM   #31
unicycleharry
Unicyclist
 
unicycleharry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 277
how does shipping cost work with shipping from uk to us if it says no quote is available at this time?
Tried to order, and entered credit card info into sage pay blanks
But, it says no shipping was chosen, so it cant be ordered
unicycleharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 04:56 AM   #32
muni123
Unicyclist
 
muni123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,102
You have to email them.
__________________
My youtube channel:CANMOREUNIPRODUCTIONS

Visit municycle.ca for all your unicycle needs
muni123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 04:59 AM   #33
unicycleharry
Unicyclist
 
unicycleharry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 277
Do i just need to say what I am buying and email "contact at unicycle.uk.com"
unicycleharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 03:25 PM   #34
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist
 
Shmolagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycleharry View Post
Do i just need to say what I am buying and email "contact at unicycle.uk.com"
Yep, that and they also must have your phone number, address and full name.
__________________
You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. -Honest Abe Lincoln
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:22 PM   #35
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist
 
Shmolagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,061
Got my 15$ naomi today, I would have had it 3 days ago but no one was home for the delivery. They sent bolts that were supposed to be long enough, but sadly they were only long enough on one side of the seatpost. I'll have to buy my own next time I'm at a hardware store. Also, the eyelets are ripping out of the cover and I'm not too happy about it.
__________________
You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. -Honest Abe Lincoln
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:48 PM   #36
ally1776
UniMudder
 
ally1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 666
Send a message via Yahoo to ally1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmolagin View Post
Got my 15$ naomi today, I would have had it 3 days ago but no one was home for the delivery. They sent bolts that were supposed to be long enough, but sadly they were only long enough on one side of the seatpost. I'll have to buy my own next time I'm at a hardware store. Also, the eyelets are ripping out of the cover and I'm not too happy about it.
I received mine today as well. I haven't taken it apart yet but it looks alright. I was planning on buying bolts, so if they are too short it's cool. I didn't read down the description until after I had purchased the seat. I don't think I care if the eyelets are off, there is still a hole and will be on the bottom side anyway. Remember these are seconds and these are also $75.00 seats in the US. I hope yours works out to your satisfaction. I'm thankful and thank you for letting us know about them.
__________________
My Facebook Page

My Twitter Page

I plan on riding unicycles till I break a hip and then I'll ride a little longer.

Last edited by ally1776; 2013-07-08 at 10:50 PM.
ally1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:05 PM   #37
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist
 
Shmolagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally1776 View Post
I received mine today as well. I haven't taken it apart yet but it looks alright. I was planning on buying bolts, so if they are too short it's cool. I didn't read down the description until after I had purchased the seat. I don't think I care if the eyelets are off, there is still a hole and will be on the bottom side anyway. Remember these are seconds and these are also $75.00 seats in the US. I hope yours works out to your satisfaction. I'm thankful and thank you for letting us know about them.
I'm still quite happy that I got it, I've been wanting to try one and yes, I realize that I saved $60. The eyelets are still in pretty decent, it just isn't pretty. And I was happy to tell you guys about it!
__________________
You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. -Honest Abe Lincoln
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 11:13 PM   #38
ally1776
UniMudder
 
ally1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 666
Send a message via Yahoo to ally1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmolagin View Post
I'm still quite happy that I got it, I've been wanting to try one and yes, I realize that I saved $60. The eyelets are still in pretty decent, it just isn't pretty. And I was happy to tell you guys about it!
Cool
__________________
My Facebook Page

My Twitter Page

I plan on riding unicycles till I break a hip and then I'll ride a little longer.
ally1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:02 AM   #39
Siddhartha Valmont
Unicyclist
 
Siddhartha Valmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nearby Boston, MA
Posts: 1,361
I receive my 2 today as there was nobody home to receive them last friday (faster shipping than from west US coast).

I haven look at them closely yet but I look forward to install them and try them out on a ride ;D
__________________
=> Triton 29: KH XC, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
=> Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS
=> MiniFat 24: M4O green, KH/S hub, Spirit 117/137mm, HollyRoller 2.4/Mission 4.0
Siddhartha Valmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 04:16 PM   #40
arrover
Unicyclist
 
arrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 82
I found these Qu-Ax 36"s on Goudurix and they seem to be a good deal at $650. I'd probably buy one right now but don't quite have the cash on hand.... Qu-Ax "QX-Series" 36er with internal hub mounted disc, Shimano hydraulic brakes, frame mounted caliper, etc. etc.. UDC UK has much better pictures and lists the frame as being aluminum (Qu-ax and Goudurix sites do not mention aluminum)? http://www.unicycle.uk.com/unicycles...cle-white.html . Goudurix has $12 shipping to the US and Canada I believe. Looks like they have 6 whites and 4 blacks in stock. It just seems like a somewhat similar uni to a Oracle ($900) or KH36 ($860) for alot less.

White: http://www.goudurix.com/us/qx-series...-36-white.html
Black: http://www.goudurix.com/us/qx-series...-36-black.html
__________________
Nimbus Drak 29", Nimbus Street 19", Surly Conundrum 26"
arrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 06:30 PM   #41
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist
 
Shmolagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrover View Post
I found these Qu-Ax 36"s on Goudurix and they seem to be a good deal at $650. I'd probably buy one right now but don't quite have the cash on hand.... Qu-Ax "QX-Series" 36er with internal hub mounted disc, Shimano hydraulic brakes, frame mounted caliper, etc. etc.. UDC UK has much better pictures and lists the frame as being aluminum (Qu-ax and Goudurix sites do not mention aluminum)? http://www.unicycle.uk.com/unicycles...cle-white.html . Goudurix has $12 shipping to the US and Canada I believe. Looks like they have 6 whites and 4 blacks in stock. It just seems like a somewhat similar uni to a Oracle ($900) or KH36 ($860) for alot less.

White: http://www.goudurix.com/us/qx-series...-36-white.html
Black: http://www.goudurix.com/us/qx-series...-36-black.html
Interestingly enough, for someone to order one of those from UDC UK would only cost $628 + some shipping. This is because it actually only costs 416 pounds not 500 when they remove the UK tax charge.
__________________
You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. -Honest Abe Lincoln
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 06:31 PM   #42
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist
 
Shmolagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,061
Well, got the new bolts I need for my $15 naomi. They only cost $.15 bringing my total to $15.15 plus about 5 or ten minutes labor.
__________________
You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. -Honest Abe Lincoln
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 06:35 PM   #43
arrover
Unicyclist
 
arrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmolagin View Post
Interestingly enough, for someone to order one of those from UDC UK would only cost $628 + some shipping. This is because it actually only costs 416 pounds not 500 when they remove the UK tax charge.
Really? Wow. How did you figure that out?
__________________
Nimbus Drak 29", Nimbus Street 19", Surly Conundrum 26"
arrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 06:40 PM   #44
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist
 
Shmolagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrover View Post
Really? Wow. How did you figure that out?
Lol, I just ordered from them and I noticed that when I entered my address in the shipping quote box the price went down quite a bit. Thinking this was a bug I read/skimmed the FAQ page and found the explanation.
__________________
You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. -Honest Abe Lincoln
Shmolagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 06:55 PM   #45
arrover
Unicyclist
 
arrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Arkansas, USA
Posts: 82
Thanks! That's great to know for the future.
__________________
Nimbus Drak 29", Nimbus Street 19", Surly Conundrum 26"
arrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
(no prefix), post, sale, sites, unicycles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unicycles for sale BrickMan Trading Post 30 2013-06-10 03:48 AM
[For Sale: UK] 36er for sale on ebay mine jerome Trading Post 2 2012-10-14 05:31 PM
Post Broken Unicycles Photos here! Be Proud! Marc Rogers General Unicycling Discussions 1 2012-10-07 05:31 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2016 Gilby
You Rated this Thread:
Page generated in 0.12421 seconds with 11 queries