Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-01-04, 03:07 PM   #1
madams
Unicyclist

Okay Unigeezer check these out

Just got a pair. Takes a little practice to keep your head steady and not move to fast. But they are cool....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g2pyyy8W8U
madams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-04, 03:21 PM   #2
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Not sure what one would really use these for. The image quality doesn't seem to be great, and I don't see what I would use this for that a GoPro isn't capable of doing much better.
Old 2018-01-04, 06:21 PM   #3
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnspin View Post
Not sure what one would really use these for. The image quality doesn't seem to be great, and I don't see what I would use this for that a GoPro isn't capable of doing much better.
I've got a pair of these, they've been a generic Chinese tech thing for decades now (Sometimes they're advertised as 'spy camera' toys). They're alright to just mess with to see if you like making videos, but for 'real' VLogging you need something proper
“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-04, 07:41 PM   #4
madams
Unicyclist

They are hands free. Easy to instantly turn on and capture an event while you are riding. you simply aim with your face. I have ridden on a trail nearby and have missed capturing a photo/video of a bald eagle that comes around once in a while. You always are ready with these because they work as a great pair of sunglasses as well. A go pro is great...I have one but a lot more expensive and more cumbersome. Plus it is a lot more inconspicuous. that can be good and bad...
madams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-05, 04:53 PM   #5
finnspin
one wheeled cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by madams View Post
They are hands free. Easy to instantly turn on and capture an event while you are riding. you simply aim with your face. I have ridden on a trail nearby and have missed capturing a photo/video of a bald eagle that comes around once in a while. You always are ready with these because they work as a great pair of sunglasses as well. A go pro is great...I have one but a lot more expensive and more cumbersome. Plus it is a lot more inconspicuous. that can be good and bad...
Okay, I can see wanting to capture the bald eagle. I guess I am not a Snapshot guy, I find that usually I never look at snapshots again. The only way I think of cameras and Unicycles is making a proper Video, and I want that to be good quality, and mostly not POV.
Old 2018-01-06, 03:21 PM   #6
Piece Maker
Unicyclist

Here's a video I did with my camera glasses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81TW2f0O98w

Quality isn't exactly GoPro standard
“It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”
Piece Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 08:42 AM   #7
Pinoclean
Unicyclist

Looking at the quality I am not sure capturing the bald eagle on camera would have been any better than missing it... It would have basically looked like a brown blob.
Pinoclean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, unigeezer