Unicyclist Community

Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2018-04-30, 05:47 AM   #16
Vogelfrei80
Beginner

Yesterday did a 13 km race with 2 steep hills (where I UPD and walk uphill) with a 25% gravel and pothholes... the saddle with the cut-out proved great during a 1+ hour ride! I can suggest: IF YOU OWN A SPARE SADDLE TRY TO MOD IT WITH A SIMPLE KNIFE! It's easy to achieve a better genital sit... however after 1 hour I can feel little pain, but now it is completely manageble.
Also I left less than 1mm foam on sides of the saddle... than cafhing has vanished completely.
Now the saddle has no nose down tilt. It is flat for the most part with thw nose slightly pointing upward

Last edited by Vogelfrei80; 2018-04-30 at 06:00 AM.
Vogelfrei80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 07:50 AM   #17
Scoox
Wheel enthusiast

I've tried a regular curved saddle and the KH Fusion One—not a particularly large sample—but I've found riding comfort and consequently skill have both improved with the latter. It has completely eliminated inner thigh chafing thanks to it being thinner. Still, it isn't perfect and it causes discomfort on the inside of the sit bones which seems to be the point of highest pressure.

I think what all saddles are really missing is the ability to adjust the forward-backward position of the seatpost relative to the saddle. I'd like mine further back, at least an inch.
Scoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 08:02 AM   #18
lightbulbjim
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
I think what all saddles are really missing is the ability to adjust the forward-backward position of the seatpost relative to the saddle. I'd like mine further back, at least an inch.
Assuming you’re not using handlebars, tipping the saddle forward will have the same effect. Or to put it another way, sliding the saddle back will result in the nose tipping forward once you find your center of gravity.

In fact, with a traditional four bolt saddle angling the nose down makes it slide backwards in the mount anyway, so the effect will be even more pronounced.

There’s a thread about this somewhere.

Last edited by lightbulbjim; 2018-07-11 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Typo
lightbulbjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naomi, problem, saddle