Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2007-04-12, 03:45 PM   #61
BluntRM
The Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewithasock
There's another episode with a unicycle in it, too - when Jerry dates the Russian gymnast and they go to see her friend who works at the circus, and some guy rides by on a uni.
In the episode where Elaine meets Feldman and later finds out that he and his friends are the "Bizzaro" Jerry, George, and Kramer, Bizzaro Jerry has a unicycle hanging on the wall where the bike should be.

Into the Thunder Dragon aired a couple times on the Outdoor Life Network and mountain unicycling attached to my situation at a unique moment, sitting on the couch. My knees could no longer let me jog or run for any real distance, the suburbs had sprawled to include all of the local mountain bike trails, and the inactivity had left me in a mind-rotting television funk. The 10 minute remenants of a moutain bike trail would take me 2 hours on the unicycle, stopping at every obstacle and trying to find a clean line, then going back to the trail head and running the whole stretch from the beginning-- unicycling is a thorough activity, it's Gestalt, any amount of completion is an accomplishment, fulfillment.
BluntRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 06:33 PM   #62
mattsmith
addicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntRM
In the episode where Elaine meets Feldman and later finds out that he and his friends are the "Bizzaro" Jerry, George, and Kramer, Bizzaro Jerry has a unicycle hanging on the wall where the bike should be.
y'know, that may actually be the episode I'm thinking of. I I thought it was in The Invitations, but I just checked both eps, and there isn't one in Jeannie's place and in my mind the uni was green like Jerry's bike. It was probably a totally different show.
Either way, I'm just too easily influenced by the oddest things. I should stay away from the TV.
Old 2007-04-12, 07:38 PM   #63
gabetheunicycleman
preregistered user

Send a message via MSN to gabetheunicycleman
i honestly dont know how i got into uniing. i asked this girl i liked if she thought it would be funny if i learned to ride a unicycle.........never heard from her since.
gabetheunicycleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 03:58 AM   #64
oneisenough
Trialstreet Rider

my friend learned and i thought it was cool so i tried it. now i'm teaching my other friends.
oneisenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 07:15 AM   #65
GILD
Waffle-Tosser, Time-bider and JCTK

Location: the bustling metropolis of Nelspruitia, south africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntRM
unicycling is a thorough activity, it's Gestalt, any amount of completion is an accomplishment, fulfillment
That's just become one of my favourite sentences in the english language.

Thank you.
GILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:22 AM   #66
Bike Psycho
Muni rider

Ok this is cool. My story follows on from the first half of yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_carter
I am (although unicycling has pretty much taken over) also a mountain biker. I was watching New World Disorder which is a mountain biking video featuring Kris Holm doing lots of crazy muni and I thought, 'Wow, that looks like a lot of fun!'. Naturally I didn't ever imagine myself doing muni...I just wanted ot learn to unicycle. Then a friend of
my sister lent her his unicycle and I learned on it before my sister did! And now I do muni and even do the odd lap in my mtb races.

Oh, and my sister rides too. Woot woot!
Old 2007-04-13, 11:26 AM   #67
Tet
Unicyclist

I use to teach rock climbing workshops for kids with learning difficulties in my spare time (I was a mad keen climber). One day I got asked to do a workshop and there were some guys there doing circus stuff with the same kids. They wanted to try climbing and in return offered me a chance to have a go on their equipment. I could already walk on stilts and juggling just isn't physical enough for me so I eyed up their unicycle. I had a go, couldn't do it but the bug had bitten me. It laid dormant for about 10 years and then one Christmas I saw a unicycle in a shop window. It was one for kids but I decided I like to learn so I searched online, found unicycle.com and asked for a proper uni for my birthday the next month.

Tet
Tet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 02:21 AM   #68
UniGirl4
We're not people..we're unicyclists

Send a message via MSN to UniGirl4
I mountain bike race and was at a 24 hr mtb relay and there was a team of unicyclists...i thought it was the coolest thing, that was 4 years ago
UniGirl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 05:06 AM   #69
bedheadben
Sheep!

Send a message via AIM to bedheadben Send a message via Skype™ to bedheadben
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_carter
I am (although unicycling has pretty much taken over) also a mountain biker. I was watching New World Disorder which is a mountain biking video featuring Kris Holm doing lots of crazy muni and I thought, 'Wow, that looks like a lot of fun!'.
Same, now I have a DX in the mail!
bedheadben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 06:09 AM   #70
Hazmat
Too insane to be considered human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedheadben
Same, now I have a DX in the mail!
Trust me, you're going to love it. Just like i do.

Can't wait till this game is finally released.
Hazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 01:36 PM   #71
bedheadben
Sheep!

Send a message via AIM to bedheadben Send a message via Skype™ to bedheadben
I bet I will
bedheadben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 03:21 PM   #72
Unicyclist

The reason i got into uniing is because two of my friends from school were doing it. I thought to myself " i should give it a try" so i did. One day after work my mother whent to cycle path and bought me a unicycle ( it wasn't verry good) i learned to ride after about a week and started to hop around then too. I even have videos on youtube from day 2, 5, 7, 23, 30, and 60
heres the links:
066999566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 05:07 PM   #73
BillyTheMountain
Happy Wal-Mart Employee

like most of us it was required for aspiring clowns.
Old 2008-11-15, 05:29 PM   #74
SamGoodburn
Unicyclist

I went to fate in my area and there was a circus skills tent, with uniycles! I spent all day there practising, I returned the next year and spent all day there again, I didn't want to leave... but my dad said he had something for me when we got back. He went into the loft and pulled an old rusty unicycle out.. Perfect! It turned out when my dad was 14 he said a unicyclist on the tv and made one him self. I then didn't stop riding until I could do it, and my dad got back into unicycling. I'm now a lot better than my dad. I've been riding for just under 2 years and have been to one British Unicycle convention and one uniycle "meet" I have also been to unicycle hockey practise twice in a place an hour from me.
Old 2008-11-16, 12:11 AM   #75
1wheelwonder
Me Gusta

Went to a shop in Townsville with some unis there, thought they were cool. The beginning of the end as mum calls it

Tags
howd, uniing