Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-02-14, 04:29 PM   #91
TrialsUni
urban trials with a street flare

Send a message via AIM to TrialsUni Send a message via MSN to TrialsUni
I have a question. I don't own defect...yet...so this might be different there...But, every online video I've seen it doesn't really show people landing many things on BC.

I always see people jumping stuff, but they either don't land it, or they are out of camera range for the landing. Only once in a while do I see a full shot of a line completed.

Like I said...I've only seen online stuff. I just hope that this isn't the case.
TrialsUni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 04:29 PM   #92
TrialsUni

I have a question. I don't own defect...yet...so this might be different there...But, every online video I've seen it doesn't really show people landing many things on BC.

I always see people jumping stuff, but they either don't land it, or they are out of camera range for the landing. Only once in a while do I see a full shot of a line completed.

Like I said...I've only seen online stuff. I just hope that this isn't the case.
Old 2006-02-15, 12:55 AM   #93
ntappin
Ask me about the Ottawa unicyclists

Send a message via MSN to ntappin
You should watch evan byrnes vids, he rides away and has them on tape. Also there was a video shot at an airfield skatepark that was pretty good for showing that stuff.
ntappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 01:28 AM   #94
uniMcPeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntappin
You should watch evan byrnes vids, he rides away and has them on tape. Also there was a video shot at an airfield skatepark that was pretty good for showing that stuff.
Why, thank you.
uniMcPeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 01:49 AM   #95
litldude2
Unicyclist

If you are talking about my movie my problem is that I don't have someone filming me. So I set up my camera and I hope that when I land it is still in the shot. It doesn't always work. Evan gets his mom or dad to film him thats why you can see more of his ride aways. It is hard to frame a shot where you can see the hop, whatever happens in the middle and the drop/ride away without moving the camera. I could zoom out all the way and back the camera up but then I am really small. I rode away from everything in my movie even though you can't see it in a few clips.
litldude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 02:26 AM   #96
TrialsUni

Quote:
Originally Posted by litldude2
If you are talking about my movie my problem is that I don't have someone filming me. So I set up my camera and I hope that when I land it is still in the shot. It doesn't always work. Evan gets his mom or dad to film him thats why you can see more of his ride aways. It is hard to frame a shot where you can see the hop, whatever happens in the middle and the drop/ride away without moving the camera. I could zoom out all the way and back the camera up but then I am really small. I rode away from everything in my movie even though you can't see it in a few clips.
Well..not just yours. Most of what I've seen on the internet. Like, today, when I watched the kohse/groves vid. Of course, he was trying really hard stuff.

Good...Thanks for reassuring me. I tend to over-analyze things like that. Damn college kids!
Old 2006-02-15, 03:16 AM   #97
litldude2
Unicyclist

Yeah, Jeff rides away from everything in Defect. That was a huge gap. I don't know really what he can do now because all I have really seen of him is stuff from Defect that was filmed a long time ago. I think that Justin said that wasn't his good footage so if he filmed Jeff for his DVD then I'm sure it's better, I am just guessing though...I haven't talked to Jeff in a really long time.
Old 2006-02-15, 03:47 AM   #98
TrialsUni

Quote:
Originally Posted by litldude2
Yeah, Jeff rides away from everything in Defect. That was a huge gap. I don't know really what he can do now because all I have really seen of him is stuff from Defect that was filmed a long time ago. I think that Justin said that wasn't his good footage so if he filmed Jeff for his DVD then I'm sure it's better, I am just guessing though...I haven't talked to Jeff in a really long time.
Ahh, good good. My doubts are officially over. Can't wait until I get defect...good thing I've been holding out until my b-day, because I'm getting so sick of winter! It'll just make me want to go out and ride all of the time!

I was wondering if that's what it was. Because I knew that he was a good rider, and one of the bests on bc.
Old 2006-02-15, 03:51 AM   #99
litldude2
Unicyclist

Yeah, Jeff's style in defect is alot better than that vid too. In that Justin's vid it looked like he was flailing around before he did that one hop which I thought was kind of weird. To me it looked like he was struggling to stay on then he just popped up 30" onto a ledge.
Old 2006-02-15, 06:55 PM   #100
ntappin
Ask me about the Ottawa unicyclists

Send a message via MSN to ntappin
You can also watch people's shadows to make sure that they are staying on. I have seenpeople have done it and I thought they fell so i watched their shadow.
ntappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 04:54 AM   #101
onewheelnatural
|| all for one ||

Send a message via MSN to onewheelnatural
I need a bc wheel

Hey, i'm looking at getting some bc wheel plates made. but im not sure where to start. does anyone have any specs or instructions on making some, or any suggestions at all?

thankz a heap
Josh
Old 2006-02-23, 08:29 PM   #102
trials_uni
Trials and Muni Rider!

just go to a scrap yard and get some metal and make your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheMountain
Hey thanks! The unicycle community needs more people like you, willing to out Bike Suprematists and stand up for the rights of unicyclists!
I'm puttiing you in for an Award at NAUCC!
trials_uni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 08:41 AM   #103
Jerrick
King of Carnies

Send a message via MSN to Jerrick
I think im gonna have a go at making a bc wheel, it looks very easy and fun to ride once its complete
~Jerrick
Jerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 06:30 PM   #104
unidad
level 3 and climbing!

Just got through making a wheel, so chalk up one more b.c.'er to the masses.
We found some appropriate sized angle iron. Cut ground and drilled it. Tonight we PLAY!
Old 2006-03-31, 09:31 AM   #105
paco
Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

After going to Moab, I think it's time to ressurect this thread. Good information here. LilDude, was it you who was riding in the skate park on Friday? I'm just trying to put forum names with riders.

paco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fourm