Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Latest Unicycling News! > News and Announcements

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2013-10-20, 02:27 AM   #16
unicycle6869
Level 10 Rider!

Send a message via MSN to unicycle6869 Send a message via Skype™ to unicycle6869
Epic Dan! Thanks so much for letting people download it. For anyone that has watched it and forgot to tip, please help support it by donating a good donation ($10-20) via the tip jar. Don't know how much time or money he spent creating this but I'm sure it's a lot more than you think. Time to show it to my wife, roommates and friends....
unicycle6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 07:42 PM   #17
Young at heart
Unibiddy

I wish I could have seen something like this fifty years ago! I only started a couple of years ago and at 63 years of age, the body is still willing, but the mind keeps saying "Are you crazy, you are going to kill yourself!" Stuff like this makes me want to continue though, so keep it up.
Young at heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:56 PM   #18
Young at heart
Unibiddy

Tips didn't work for me.
Old 2013-10-21, 12:40 PM   #19
Young at heart
Unibiddy

Got it to work!
Old 2013-10-23, 05:31 PM   #20
Darth Elevator
I Love You-nicycling

Awesome video. Thank you so much, Dan.

"The only thing unicyclists have to fear is fear itself." --Franklin Roosevelt
Darth Elevator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 12:02 AM   #21
Sponge
Unicyclist

Amazing video Dan, thank you.

I remember when R1 was first announced, and really glad to see it come to fruition. Brings me back to when I first got into unicycling back in 2005. My friend showed me Universe 2 and Defect, and I was hooked. Great memories.

I really liked the storytelling aspect of R1. It's a well-produced video showcasing some awesome riding footage like its predecessors, but has that educational element on the history of unicycling from the ground up. I learnt some new things about the development of the sport that previous articles didn't articulate so clearly at times. Being able to put a face to a pioneering name, listening to them, and seeing the context of where and when things happened are inspiring.

A lot of respect to those who paved the way for the sport.
Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 03:22 AM   #22
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist

Does anyone know where I can cheaply watch Universe 1, 2 and Defect?
Old 2013-10-24, 12:33 PM   #23
knoxuni
wes style!!

Send a message via Skype™ to knoxuni
Unicycle.com they are on sale I think.
Old 2013-10-24, 05:51 PM   #24
Harley
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_uni View Post
Wasn't just you- did you see the clips of Beau Hoover and Spencer Hochberg in there?
Yeah but that Kris Holm guy is timeless. He doesn't look a bit different than when he first appeared at Unicon in the late 90's.
Old 2013-10-24, 10:40 PM   #25
Shmolagin
Uniquecyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Yeah but that Kris Holm guy is timeless. He doesn't look a bit different than when he first appeared at Unicon in the late 90's.
Do you realize that danger_uni is KH?
Old 2013-10-25, 02:42 PM   #26
Harley
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmolagin View Post
Do you realize that danger_uni is KH?
Yes. for the past 8 years or so.
Old 2013-10-26, 05:58 PM   #27
Juan M
Unicyclist

Location: Chile, Brazil, Venezuela, Panama, Mexico now in Dubai, UAE
Excellent work Dan and also of your team. Really nice to know from where all started.

Cheers
Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 05:29 PM   #28
maxboyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniryder View Post
To: The Unicyclist Community
Subject: “Revolution One” Release
Date: 10/18/2013

I would like to announce the release of “Revolution One: A Story of Off-road Unicycling”. While this film was finished in 2010 and slated to be released on DVD soon after, it ran into some complications and I struggled with being able to release it fully. However, it made the rounds on the film festival circuit, winning multiple awards and going on world tour with the Banff International Mountain Film Festival. The film officially premiered on September 5th., 2009 and was also shown at the Vancouver MUni Weekend in 2010.

With the rapid progression of the sport, I knew the riding in the film would quickly become outdated. However, the story that it tells and the historical footage/photos compiled within are invaluable to our sport. While this film is just a piece of the history of off-road unicycling, I feel the riders in this film have played incredibly important roles in the evolution of our sport. I want to especially thank all the riders who were involved in the making of this film, as it wouldn’t have been possible without the time, support, and hospitality that they gave me. It truly has been amazing being part of unicycling as both a rider and filmmaker over the last 17 years.

The film is available on Vimeo for download and streaming, absolutely FREE. As with many small-scale, independent productions, this film was created on my own time, with my own funds. If you enjoy the film, there is a “Tip Jar” option on Vimeo if anyone would like to help support the costs of making the film. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/77156452
Cool cant wait to watch.

Thank you,
-Dan Heaton

PS: The film is rated “Mature” on Vimeo. This is due to a couple swear words in the film and one bare butt, though the overall content is pretty mild. If anyone would like a clean version, let me know and I will see what I can do.
awesome cant wait to watch
maxboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:55 PM   #29
SirBikesAlot
Neil B

Great work on the film!
SirBikesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 06:28 PM   #30
milkjam
part time rockstar

i just watched this film a few days ago while looking for unicycling info and i have to say i really really enjoyed it. this film and the Stephanie Dietze website are really where i got the "who knew?" epiphany. having had no interest in or exposure to unicycling i can honestly say i popped along to the uni convention last week fully expecting to see jugglers and circus style trickery. this is a really good documentary worthy of being seen even by people with no interest in unicycles. you did a terrific job of showing how uni's are on the same plane as mtb, bmx, skateboarding, inline etc in terms of self expression and freedom in a non mainstream sport. loved it!

Tags
revolution