Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Latest Unicycling News! > News and Announcements

View Poll Results: Do you (realistically) expect to attend Munifest Destiny 2012: Albuquerque?
I want to attend, but have to miss it this year. 7 23.33%
I definitely plan to attend Munifest Destiny! 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-10-02, 01:52 PM   #91
eyal
Unicycologist

Another tip: If you will have a car in Albuquerque, DO NOT leave unicycles or other valuables unattended in plain view. It WILL be stolen in under 24 hours. This is true pretty much anywhere in ABQ including the trail parking areas. You can avoid a lot of trouble by simply storing valuables in a locked trunk or keeping them with you. Thanks.
eyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:48 AM   #92
uniShark
muni commuter

Hey all,
I'm afraid I'm bagging out. Sprained my ankle on slickrock trail today. Was riding with Ben, and I'm sure he'll be happy to explain how it wasn't his fault (really, it wasn't). We had some great fun riding and hanging out in Moab, and I'm bummed to miss out on meeting everyone else. I'll definitely try for next year.
-James

pLs forgve anu typist imak win positing forum my fone.
uniShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 04:42 PM   #93
aarons
Eating a sandwich

Tomorrow is the day. Forecast is 82F with 0% chance of rain
aarons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 05:03 PM   #94
aarons
Eating a sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniShark View Post
Hey all,
I'm afraid I'm bagging out. Sprained my ankle on slickrock trail today. Was riding with Ben, and I'm sure he'll be happy to explain how it wasn't his fault (really, it wasn't). We had some great fun riding and hanging out in Moab, and I'm bummed to miss out on meeting everyone else. I'll definitely try for next year.
-James
Now that is a bummer. Are you cancelling the whole trip or are you still going to be in the area for the week? Maybe by Sunday you'll be ok enough to ride..

I had a bit of a scare last weekend when I pulled something in my back. I've been doing a lot of stretching exercises, and it has gotten much better. I should be ready to go tomorrow.

Last edited by aarons; 2012-10-04 at 05:04 PM.
Old 2012-10-04, 07:49 PM   #95
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Quote:
uniShark Hey all,
-James
It was some good riding until the end, we were 1/2 mile frot the car when James came off and stepped down into a pothole, rolled his "goodleg", was able to hobble back to the car, fortunately the xrays were good, but the ankle is twisted bad, so he's done.

He was talking about going back early so that he wouldn't burn up another week of vacation and the kids wouldn't miss another week of school.

After James got hurt I decided to head into SLC a day early, so I'm hanging with the family, getting ready for yet another ride on the Crest Trail to Mill D; my fifth ride in four days

My wife flew out to SLC to meet me and see ur daughter, so I'm taking the slow boat to Albuquerque tomorrow, so I'll be missing the Friday ride, but we'll be there for Friday night festivities and Saturday riding.
Old 2012-10-05, 04:01 AM   #96
uniShark
muni commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons View Post
Now that is a bummer. Are you cancelling the whole trip or are you still going to be in the area for the week? Maybe by Sunday you'll be ok enough to ride..

I had a bit of a scare last weekend when I pulled something in my back. I've been doing a lot of stretching exercises, and it has gotten much better. I should be ready to go tomorrow.
Hey, thanks. I'm heading back north rather than further south. It's a pretty bad sprain, I felt stuff tear when it happened, thus the xray. No way I'm riding any time soon, I'm still barely walking with a cane (actually, riding would be fine if I never ever had to dismount - I should at least be back on a wimpy two-wheeler pretty quick). We're hitting some more museums, mini golf / laser tag / bumper boats place, and Craters of the Moon on the way home (I'm just going slow and sitting out a lot of it), so the family is not too upset with me.

pLs forgve anu typist imak win positing forum my fone.
uniShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 03:46 AM   #97
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

We're coming in really late, so we didn't make dinner (obviously), but I will see you all on Saturday morning at Sandia Peak, 8:30 or so.

We're staying in the Turquise Trail campground, which is down the hill (on the way) from the ride meet up spot, so if someone feels like picking me up on the way, that would save my wife from having to get out of bed early

Red Honda Element, box and unis on top, balding old guy with bugs in his teeth

Ben
Eight six five four eight three eight seven three five

Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2012-10-06 at 03:47 AM.
Nurse Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 06:35 PM   #98
Bondo
Unicyclist

I posted some group photos in the other thread!

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92760
Old 2012-10-09, 07:15 PM   #99
aarons
Eating a sandwich

Here are some pics. They're mostly from the last day when I was too beat up to ride much.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fatming...7631732173079/
Old 2012-10-12, 01:35 AM   #100
Nurse Ben
XC Muni

Here you go Eyal:

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/nurseben/

The first page of pics are Sandia, sorry I didn't take more.

Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2012-10-12 at 01:36 AM.
Nurse Ben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, albuquerque, california, california muni weekend, muni, munifest destiny, new mexico, oct, teaser, weekend