Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-03-29, 07:22 AM   #9451
Jagster
Jock Girvan
 
Jagster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Australia
Age: 18
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Jagster Send a message via Skype™ to Jagster
I started to lose motivation to ride my unicycle and land new tricks recently since I got a trials bike a few weeks ago. But, yesterday I decided to go for a little ride - see if I still knew how to land crankflips and stuff and within about 10 minutes, I landed 2 or 3 hickflips which I am happy about
Hopefully there will be more tricks to come

__________________
Male Expert Junior Trials - 1st :: Uninats 2010
Member of SA'll Good You mad coz I be stylin'?
Need a new tyre??


"Its not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it's because we don't dare that things are difficult."

Last edited by Jagster; 2011-03-29 at 07:23 AM.
Jagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 11:24 AM   #9452
jaco_flans
Trials & Muni!
 
jaco_flans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gatineau,Québec,Canada
Age: 20
Posts: 3,236
Send a message via MSN to jaco_flans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagster View Post
I started to lose motivation to ride my unicycle and land new tricks recently since I got a trials bike a few weeks ago. But, yesterday I decided to go for a little ride - see if I still knew how to land crankflips and stuff and within about 10 minutes, I landed 2 or 3 hickflips which I am happy about
Hopefully there will be more tricks to come

It happenned to me last summer. I rode my bike for like 3 days, i decided to try my unicycle again, but the unicycle was way better!

Yesterday I catched crankflips! And I flipped some backflips really fast
__________________
Jakob F.

Custom frame builder
jaco_flans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 09:11 PM   #9453
Jagster
Jock Girvan
 
Jagster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Australia
Age: 18
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Jagster Send a message via Skype™ to Jagster
I spose you just get to caught up in trying to land a certain trick, and you lose the real reason why your doing it - for fun! A break sometimes really does make a difference....
__________________
Male Expert Junior Trials - 1st :: Uninats 2010
Member of SA'll Good You mad coz I be stylin'?
Need a new tyre??


"Its not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it's because we don't dare that things are difficult."
Jagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 10:36 PM   #9454
thestig
Ryan Blakemore.
 
thestig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Eaglescliffe, Uk
Age: 19
Posts: 571
Send a message via MSN to thestig
Getting closer to 3spins, one foot on then BAM nutshot
Hopefully I will land them soon!

__________________
My YouTube channel

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
thestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 02:42 AM   #9455
jaco_flans
Trials & Muni!
 
jaco_flans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gatineau,Québec,Canada
Age: 20
Posts: 3,236
Send a message via MSN to jaco_flans
Today it's my birthday! I only unicycled for about 1:30, the temperatures weren't really good, but it's better than nothing. I landed some catched backflips, and catched 180 flips. I was really really (again) close to varial rolls! I want to ride trials! it was a great day
__________________
Jakob F.

Custom frame builder
jaco_flans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 12:45 PM   #9456
jamesande
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Age: 24
Posts: 278
Send a message via MSN to jamesande
Happy birthday mate!

Today I put together a little video to test out both the jib I made and my brother's SLR. It's just a test video so the riding is nothing special but I hope you enjoy it.

jamesande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 05:14 PM   #9457
mowcius
Converted Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Yorkshire Unicycles: KH/Koxx 20" 32h, KH24 MUni w/HS33 brake, KH29 Muni w/Oracle disk hub, KH36 w/Shimano Deore M596
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesande View Post
Happy birthday mate!

Today I put together a little video to test out both the jib I made and my brother's SLR. It's just a test video so the riding is nothing special but I hope you enjoy it.

Looks like it's working really well

Any details on the jib? Thought about making it motorised for really smooth panning shots?
__________________
I ride down mountains on this thing - Your argument is invalid.

#unicycle on irc.freenode.net
mowcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 09:34 PM   #9458
AlisterBurt
Push button, recieve bacon.
 
AlisterBurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Newcastle, England
Age: 19
Posts: 1,822
Send a message via MSN to AlisterBurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesande View Post
Happy birthday mate!

Today I put together a little video to test out both the jib I made and my brother's SLR. It's just a test video so the riding is nothing special but I hope you enjoy it.
that was awesome, really nice camerawork! what framerate was it recorded at though? looked a little jerky canon 500D perhaps? I know they only do 15fps at 1080p
amazing anyway, great fun to watch!
AlisterBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 11:14 PM   #9459
jamesande
Unicyclist
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Age: 24
Posts: 278
Send a message via MSN to jamesande
Thanks. No it's a 450D (using a computer to record with live view) and we're only getting about 19 fps from it. For some reason it's only really jerky on vimeo, but if you download and then watch it, it works fine.

The jib is still kinda a work in progress, I'm keen to make one out of aluminium which is collapsible and getting it motorised would be an even longer term plan, but it would be very cool to get the head panning and tilting properly. If I get time I'll put up some pics with a description.
__________________
My latest video
jamesande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 02:03 PM   #9460
Obtusellama
Hand me my unicycle, sir.
 
Obtusellama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wollongong NSW
Age: 24
Posts: 743
Send a message via MSN to Obtusellama
Today I worked on coasting and crankflips some more. I discovered that having your leg out as a counterbalance is much easier for me than brining both legs up onto the crown.

The crankflips are...getting there. I can land them every now and then on grass but can't bring myself to land them on concrete

Gotta man up!
__________________
Facebook
Youtube Channel

Fastest 20" rider - Uninats 2010
Obtusellama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 09:34 PM   #9461
jaco_flans
Trials & Muni!
 
jaco_flans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gatineau,Québec,Canada
Age: 20
Posts: 3,236
Send a message via MSN to jaco_flans
Today I went for a 3:30 Trials ride in Ottawa, wich is my favorite place to ride it was awesome, first real trials ride of the year, a few new lines, and I did a few lines I've done last year. I love Trials!
__________________
Jakob F.

Custom frame builder
jaco_flans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 10:13 PM   #9462
Jagster
Jock Girvan
 
Jagster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Australia
Age: 18
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Jagster Send a message via Skype™ to Jagster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obtusellama View Post
Today I worked on coasting and crankflips some more. I discovered that having your leg out as a counterbalance is much easier for me than brining both legs up onto the crown.

The crankflips are...getting there. I can land them every now and then on grass but can't bring myself to land them on concrete

Gotta man up!
For god's sake Will - grow a pair! im only kidding, i remember at UniNats you weren't even thinking about crankflips and now you've already landed them you can still coast further than me though......
__________________
Male Expert Junior Trials - 1st :: Uninats 2010
Member of SA'll Good You mad coz I be stylin'?
Need a new tyre??


"Its not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it's because we don't dare that things are difficult."
Jagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 12:38 AM   #9463
Obtusellama
Hand me my unicycle, sir.
 
Obtusellama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wollongong NSW
Age: 24
Posts: 743
Send a message via MSN to Obtusellama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagster View Post
For god's sake Will - grow a pair! im only kidding, i remember at UniNats you weren't even thinking about crankflips and now you've already landed them you can still coast further than me though......
Ahaha! They are growing, I swear! (That sounds wrong)

Every time I learn a new trick I've got a bad habit of riding only on grass for ages...then I get my confidence, land it on concrete then land a bunch of other new tricks . I'll land some on concrete this week, I swear!
__________________
Facebook
Youtube Channel

Fastest 20" rider - Uninats 2010
Obtusellama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 09:34 AM   #9464
Jagster
Jock Girvan
 
Jagster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Australia
Age: 18
Posts: 526
Send a message via MSN to Jagster Send a message via Skype™ to Jagster
okay then - thats cool and.....

DOUBLEFLIPS B*TCHES!

it only took 2 and a bit hours but it was worth it! ive regained the unicycle bug all over again......
__________________
Male Expert Junior Trials - 1st :: Uninats 2010
Member of SA'll Good You mad coz I be stylin'?
Need a new tyre??


"Its not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it's because we don't dare that things are difficult."
Jagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 12:40 PM   #9465
Obtusellama
Hand me my unicycle, sir.
 
Obtusellama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wollongong NSW
Age: 24
Posts: 743
Send a message via MSN to Obtusellama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagster View Post
okay then - thats cool and.....

DOUBLEFLIPS B*TCHES!

it only took 2 and a bit hours but it was worth it! ive regained the unicycle bug all over again......
I hate you
__________________
Facebook
Youtube Channel

Fastest 20" rider - Uninats 2010
Obtusellama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
сосиска, brag, longer tag @@@@@@@@@@@@@@, longest tag possible+++++, renate, thread, today, unicycle, wurst, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NOPE, now THIS thread right here is the dumbest thread you would ever hope to read. Goats_On_Unicycles Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself 18 2010-12-08 06:00 AM
Favorite office supplies (Let's find redeeming things about the office today thread) podzol Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself 33 2010-05-29 07:40 AM
Schwinn for sale (bid in thread, ends today) AccordNSX General Unicycling Discussions 21 2009-02-18 03:40 AM
Can I Brag on my daughters... chirokid General Unicycling Discussions 14 2007-09-18 12:25 AM
It's wrestling (and brag on kid) season again yoopers Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself 32 2006-03-08 03:28 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Gilby
You Rated this Thread:
Page generated in 0.29617 seconds with 14 queries