Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Unicycling Discussion > General Unicycling Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-09-28, 11:01 AM   #1
pluto
Muni Obsesive!

3 x MUni's going cheap on ebay UK!

Grab a bargain!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mountain-Unicy...d=p3911.c0.m14

Any questions, feel free to ask..
pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 02:50 PM   #2
liddle-peter
Crohns - for people who give a shit

Send a message via MSN to liddle-peter
im dying for a cheap muni, and seeing one of these on ebay would be a dream but my birthday was like 2 weeks ago, and christmas is way too far off hmm, maybe i can beg my dad for 20 quid any of them got fittings for a brake?
liddle-peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 02:55 PM   #3
semach.the.monkey
RTL #1 - Team Goonies

Only the first one listed has got brake mounts. The mounts can be welded or brazed on to either of the other two though, and cheap Maguras (HS33 or HS11) can be found on eBay for a good price too.

STM
semach.the.monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 03:09 PM   #4
liddle-peter
Crohns - for people who give a shit

Send a message via MSN to liddle-peter
spencer, could you find me a cheap unicycle nearer christmas? or are you the same as me and just looks around? lol
liddle-peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 06:30 PM   #5
Catboy
Roadkill

Send a message via ICQ to Catboy Send a message via AIM to Catboy Send a message via MSN to Catboy
Are the hubs/cranks bent on all three of these muni's or just two of them?

BUYER BEWARE: You're might end up spend more fixing these things than what you paid for them.

Just my 2cents.
Old 2009-09-29, 05:01 PM   #6
pluto
Muni Obsesive!

"Are the hubs/cranks bent on all three of these muni's or just two of them?

BUYER BEWARE: You're might end up spend more fixing these things than what you paid for them.

Just my 2cents. "

Well now let's not be a drama queen, a new set of cranks for the nimbus for example will cost you a grand total of £8

Not exactly going to break the bank...

Last edited by pluto; 2009-09-29 at 05:05 PM.
Old 2009-09-29, 06:19 PM   #7
semach.the.monkey
RTL #1 - Team Goonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto View Post
Well now let's not be a drama queen, a new set of cranks for the nimbus for example will cost you a grand total of £8

Not exactly going to break the bank...
From the listing of the first unicycle;
Quote:
-QU-AX hub and cranks (about 150mm)
-Snafu pedals
-Nimbus 2 frame with magura hs33 brake mounts resprayed in black with blue stripes

Either the pedals or the cranks are bent, not sure which could do with replacing, available at unicycle.com/uk
If it is the cranks that are bent, then the only option on UDC is for 170mm cranks for £58 + shipping. That might not break the bank exactly, but it is a very significant amount of money (particularly for a unicycle currently selling for £38)

If it is the pedals that are bent, then it's still going to cost a lot more than £8 for similar pedals.

Selling a unicycle with a couple of possibilities of what a problem might be will scare off a lot of potential buyers, and result in a much lower price. You'll do much better to isolate exactly what is bent (hint - put the pedals on one of the other unicycles and see if it still rides lumpily) so you can state exactly what the problem is on the auction.

STM
semach.the.monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 09:06 PM   #8
pluto
Muni Obsesive!

Well the £8 was referring to a standard square tapered crank for the other nimbus, not the one with QU-AX cranks obviously.

SO even if it were cranks that were bent (the more expensive of the two) you could potentially get yourself a unicycle that cost about £400 to build for a total of about £100. Not bad value at all.

I appreciate your advice but frankly, this post was not really for a discussion about the financial viability of the unicycles, but just to highlight that they are there. I am not particularly driven by squeezing every penny out of them, just getting them out of the way so i'm really not too fussed!

Any questions about the unicycles, feel free to ask..

Aaron

PS: It quite clearly states that a part of the drivetrain is bent so no-one is being in any way fooled here, are they?

Tags
cheap, ebay, muni