Unicyclist Community

home gallery forums webmail links map donate
Go Back   Unicyclist Community > Non-unicycling Discussion > Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-16, 03:15 AM   #1
jamdallen
Jam Allen
 
jamdallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Age: 42
Posts: 22
Riders in Boulder?

I'm surprised that I almost never see other riders in Boulder, Co. I ride the twin Lakes Trail system in Gunbarrel on my 36er almost every week day during my lunch hour. Sometimes I'll hit up the Valmont bike part and do some muni trails too (I have seen two guys hopping on rocks there...once).

It would be great to find some other riders!
__________________
jamdallen
jamdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:51 AM   #2
thenoli
Can you say ichirinsha?
 
thenoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 31
Posts: 103
You should've replied when I sent out a feeler for riders in Denver back in November. I was just visiting at the time, but sorta with a mind to move there. I'm still considering Boulder in the future.

How are the trails? Also, when you say "bike park", do you mean "mtn bike skills park"?

Part of why i want to move is that Boulder is generally clear weather, from my understanding. More clear days = more uni days.
thenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 04:12 AM   #3
jamdallen
Jam Allen
 
jamdallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Age: 42
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoli View Post
You should've replied when I sent out a feeler for riders in Denver back in November. I was just visiting at the time, but sorta with a mind to move there. I'm still considering Boulder in the future.

How are the trails? Also, when you say "bike park", do you mean "mtn bike skills park"?

Part of why i want to move is that Boulder is generally clear weather, from my understanding. More clear days = more uni days.
Sorry I missed the feeler - I just joined udc.

There are some perfect trails all around Boulder for riding a 36er. They are smooth and rolling with great scenery. There is an incredible and huge mountain bike park in boulder called Valmont bike park (youtube it) with a wide variety of terrain for mountain bikes, bmx, trials, etc. I love to hit it on my 20" flat top uni. There are also plenty of aggressive downhill trails all around the foothills above boulder that are a blast to bomb down on a muni.

I ride bicycles, unicycles, and dirtbikes almost all year round in Colorado. With 300 days of sunshine the weather can't be beat! Only a couple of cold snaps a year.
__________________
jamdallen
jamdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:52 PM   #4
maestro8
is what it is
 
maestro8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: hella Nor Cal
Age: 36
Posts: 6,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdallen View Post
I'm surprised that I almost never see other riders in Boulder, Co.
And I'm surprised that people continue to post unicycling threads in the wrong forum.

The unicycle forum is that way --->
__________________
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
maestro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 03:48 AM   #5
magicollin
Unicyclist
 
magicollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Age: 25
Posts: 84
Send a message via AIM to magicollin
I live in Arvada. I ride muni at White Ranch and some other trails around the foothills of Golden. For some reason I have never explored any bike trails around Boulder.. I ride a 29er and have a 20" street rig as well. I would love to meet up with some other uni riders, in all my years of riding I have never met anyone else who rides muni or street!!
magicollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 12:26 PM   #6
Nurse Ben
XC Muni
 
Nurse Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeast USA
Age: 49
Posts: 4,537
I'm coming back to Colorado this Summer, not sure whether it'll be early May-June or late August-September, would like to meet folks to ride.

There is a a lot of good riding up on the pass once the snow melts, on the Front Range take a look at the riding down in Fort Collins, more variety and tech stuff.

If you have the time, there is some great riding around Laramie, WY, slick rock areas, very nice and a lot fewer users; Boulder has wayyyy to many people using the trails.
Nurse Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 04:19 AM   #7
jamdallen
Jam Allen
 
jamdallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Age: 42
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
I'm coming back to Colorado this Summer, not sure whether it'll be early May-June or late August-September, would like to meet folks to ride.

There is a a lot of good riding up on the pass once the snow melts, on the Front Range take a look at the riding down in Fort Collins, more variety and tech stuff.

If you have the time, there is some great riding around Laramie, WY, slick rock areas, very nice and a lot fewer users; Boulder has wayyyy to many people using the trails.
Let me know when you solidify your plans to come to Co. and let's hit some trails! There is fun single-track in the area that isn't crowded. I've ridden all around Laramie on a dirtbike, but never a unicycle. Could be fun. I just got back from riding dirtbikes on the western slope near Grand Junction last weekend, played around on the slickrock with my 20". It was fun and I wished I would have brought my other uni's along.
__________________
jamdallen

Last edited by jamdallen; 2012-03-30 at 04:27 AM.
jamdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 04:24 AM   #8
jamdallen
Jam Allen
 
jamdallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Age: 42
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicollin View Post
I live in Arvada. I ride muni at White Ranch and some other trails around the foothills of Golden. For some reason I have never explored any bike trails around Boulder.. I ride a 29er and have a 20" street rig as well. I would love to meet up with some other uni riders, in all my years of riding I have never met anyone else who rides muni or street!!
I've got a mountain bike buddy who lives in Golden that tells me he often see's a guy on a large-wheeled unicycle riding trails around Golden. He must be talking about you! I've never been to White Ranch. Is it 36er-able?
__________________
jamdallen
jamdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:08 AM   #9
magicollin
Unicyclist
 
magicollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Age: 25
Posts: 84
Send a message via AIM to magicollin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdallen View Post
I've got a mountain bike buddy who lives in Golden that tells me he often see's a guy on a large-wheeled unicycle riding trails around Golden. He must be talking about you! I've never been to White Ranch. Is it 36er-able?
I have never seen anyone else in the area on a uni, so, it must be! Haha

I have never ridden a 36er, so I'm not sure what it would be like. I ride a 29er at white ranch and manage to make it over the majority of the terrain. There is a lot of smooth single track to explore at White Ranch, I imagine a 36er would be fun there. There definitely are a few steep, technical, rocky sections that I usually walk over, but I sometimes think if I had a brake or a 24" wheel I would be able to clear those bits.
magicollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boulder, riders


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
riders in terre haute indiana Municrazy15 Just Conversation & Introduce Yourself 2 2012-03-13 01:07 AM
Any riders in Miami FL area? steveyo General Unicycling Discussions 5 2012-01-29 03:43 AM
any riders in maine? thredorshred Submit Unicycling News! 0 2011-10-20 01:59 AM
Any riders in the mammoth mountain area? 27th-30th Dane M General Unicycling Discussions 3 2011-08-09 07:25 AM
Any riders in St. John's NL? uniaddict General Unicycling Discussions 0 2011-05-12 01:22 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001-2013 Gilby
Page generated in 0.09602 seconds with 10 queries