View Single Post
Old 2010-12-07, 01:31 PM   #833
Calimero
Unicyclist

Well I hope my English won't be too bad, it's not so easy writing about that in a foreign language...

When I was maybe about 12 years old I started thinking why I do eat meat. But I didn't know how to explain my parents I want to become a vegetarian so I just ate less and less meat. And now I stopped eating meat at all. Maybe for 2 years now. And I don't feel different, it's just normal for me being a vegetarian. I can't imagine eating meat and I think even if I had to eat it, I couldn't. I think I watched too many of those videos about factory farming etc. Maybe I will try to become a vegan when I don't live at my parents' house any longer (I think they wouldn't accept that) I would really love to be but I'm not sure if I can be so consequent...

I think it's just totally mad to kill for having a nice food. There are some animals who can't live without meat but human beings can live without. But that's not the biggest problem I have with eating meat. I think even worse is how those animals have to live and die. I just can't imagine how humankind can be so cruel. And I think another reason why I'm vegetarian is: If I ate meat, I don't want to make a difference between different animals because killing a horse is not crueler than killing a pig. And I think I just couldn't eat horses or rabbits for example. And I think this is kind of racist: My pets at home live in quite big cages (they can never be big enough and keeping animals as pets isn't fair, too. But I only have animals from the animal shelter --> pets nobody wants to have) but it is ok if pigs or cows are killed for me. That's weird. Same as I can't watch animals being killed. So why should I eat them? Just because I look away the animals don't have to suffer less...
I hope that's understandable...

I don't want to persuade anybody to become a vegetarian, but I want people to know how their meat is produced. When they can eat it I'm sure they also can see how it's made...
Calimero is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 9 queries