View Single Post
Old 2007-12-06, 12:39 AM   #5
OldDrone
never trust a minced oath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridingwithscissors
well, fancy that! I tore my PCL the day after getting my Nimbus trials. It healed after two months, but it was very annoying during those two months, being on crutches etc. after those two months I was fine, and I could uni again.

Now, strangely, I suspect I have done it again. I fell off my uni and hit my knee. it only hurt for a minute or so, then I continued riding. but now, a couple of days later, I cannot walk. luckily it's not the same leg, but I'm still very annoyed.

edit: we can be PCL buddies!
Were you wearing any shin guards when these events happened?
My Orthopedic doctor said that I probably would not need to have surgery to mantain my normal activities. I am hoping that turns out to be the case.

When I fell the impact hurt like hell, but after that I was able to ride. Figuring I should knock off for the evening I went inside after proving to myself that I still had "it". 20 minutes later, when I was going down some stairs I turned on the bad leg, heard a pop, and was sent to the floor in pain.

After three weeks of stretching, icing, hundreds of Ibprofan, and tens pain pills, I am walking normally and starting to test running.
I haven't tried the unicycle yet, I don't want to try landing until I feel more confident on this less than perfect knee.

I am getting impatient and fat.

Let me know how your knee heals. I am defenately courious.
OldDrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.25812 seconds with 8 queries